Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can protein drinks be made ahead for the day?

I'm not sleeved yet but trying to plan ahead. Can you mix up your Protein drinks in the morning for the whole day? I'm not sure if people just mix them up when they're ready to drink them?

I think I'll be more inclined to the ones mixed with Water, but either way....

Also, when you're off the liquid diets after surgery, can you Water down the Protein Drinks and drink those throughout the day as your "water" as long as everything is logged and you don't go over your various targets, just to give the water some flavor?

Thanks so much!

I'm not sleeved yet but trying to plan ahead. Can you mix up your Protein drinks in the morning for the whole day? I'm not sure if people just mix them up when they're ready to drink them? I think I'll be more inclined to the ones mixed with water' date=' but either way.... Also, when you're off the liquid diets after surgery, can you Water down the Protein Drinks and drink those throughout the day as your "water" as long as everything is logged and you don't go over your various targets, just to give the Water some flavor? Thanks so much![/quote']

I don't think they'd taste very good if they're left to sit. For starters, they'll likely separate a bit. Secondly you want them well iced to numb your taste buds a bit. It hasn't worked when I've left mine sitting there.

Pre op I used to add tons of water and drink a huge shake to control the hunger. Post op, we make them as small as possible so we don't get overfill and hurt from downing then, at least initially.

Sometimes they thicken up and get yucky if they are left. If you sip on them throughout the day, that would be considered grazing, which is a no no for most if us. They are not hard to make and you can take a shaker with you quite easily if you need to. I am 10 weeks and have been weened off them for weeks. I am supposed to be getting my Protein from natural sources such as yoghurt, meat, fish, eggs, cheese.< /p>

Sometimes they thicken up and get yucky if they are left. If you sip on them throughout the day, that would be considered grazing, which is a no no for most if us. They are not hard to make and you can take a shaker with you quite easily if you need to. I am 10 weeks and have been weened off them for weeks. I am supposed to be getting my Protein from natural sources such as yoghurt, meat, fish, eggs, cheese.

I understand, thanks so much! I was thinking (depending on NUT advice) that I would have one for Breakfast as usually I just have a bowl of Cereal. However, I can see now that it should only be a meal and not had throughout the day.

Thanks again

I understand' date=' thanks so much! I was thinking (depending on NUT advice) that I would have one for Breakfast as usually I just have a bowl of Cereal. However, I can see now that it should only be a meal and not had throughout the day. Thanks again[/quote']

I do have one for breakfast that we make fresh. Sometimes we have one in the evening if we realize we're short of Protein or couldn't be bothered to cook/eat. So I use them in place or meal/snack

I do have one for breakfast that we make fresh. Sometimes we have one in the evening if we realize we're short of Protein or couldn't be bothered to cook/eat. So I use them in place or meal/snack

Awesome! Thanks so much!

It all depends upon the Protein drink......I had a problem with unjury strawberry, and while on the phone with those folks, they said their shakes can be made up a day in advance and put in the fridge (they aren't typically thick shakes anyway)

I would imagine the Syntrax Nectars can be made up a day ahead (lemonade, iced tea, and the like).

It all depends upon the Protein drink......I had a problem with unjury strawberry, and while on the phone with those folks, they said their shakes can be made up a day in advance and put in the fridge (they aren't typically thick shakes anyway)

I would imagine the Syntrax Nectars can be made up a day ahead (lemonade, iced tea, and the like).

Ok, thanks! Those were the kinds I was wondering about. I haven't had them yet but thought they were koolaid-y.

We were told that the Protein starts to break down after 30 minutes or so of mixing so you wouldn't get all of the benefits.

We were told that the Protein starts to break down after 30 minutes or so of mixing so you wouldn't get all of the benefits.

Thanks so much! I will definitely ask about this!

I agree with the others....they can get kinda thick if left to sit for too long. For myself, I usually have some of the ready to drink ones in the fridge at work, but I also keep a shaker bottle at work and I put a serving of Protein powder in the snack size ziplock bogs so I can just mix it with Water if need be. The nectar ones are great with water (I hate having the chocolate and vanilla "rich" flavors mixed with water)....so the lemonade and peach are great if you can only mix with water during the day!!

I agree with the others....they can get kinda thick if left to sit for too long. For myself' date=' I usually have some of the ready to drink ones in the fridge at work, but I also keep a shaker bottle at work and I put a serving of Protein powder in the snack size ziplock bogs so I can just mix it with Water if need be. The nectar ones are great with Water (I hate having the chocolate and vanilla "rich" flavors mixed with water)....so the lemonade and peach are great if you can only mix with water during the day!![/quote']

Thanks so much!

I had to make some today and keep them in my fridge...I work on site where I live, so I'm always in and out and on the go. Today, I had to work an event in another building and knew I'd have to bring a few with me. I just shook it up before drinking it and it was fine.

It can be done. It's totally not a big deal. Give it a try, what can it hurt!

I had to make some today and keep them in my fridge...I work on site where I live' date=' so I'm always in and out and on the go. Today, I had to work an event in another building and knew I'd have to bring a few with me. I just shook it up before drinking it and it was fine.

It can be done. It's totally not a big deal. Give it a try, what can it hurt![/quote']

Thanks so much!