Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rollercoasters

Ok guys I know the general response to this question is ask your doctor, however as a guy I know I like to push myself. Now that my first number is no longer a 3... whoo go me, I really wanna try and hit fright fests last weekend (6 flags) which is the weekend of 10/26. Question is..... too soon? How long did you wait before you got on a rollercoaster? The 27th will put me 3 weeks four days post op.

Thanks guys!

hmmm, I wasn't ready for this at 3 weeks, but since I don't like scary stuff, I ain't ready for this now either...

If you have a larger incision that they pullled your stomach through, I think you are asking for a hernia.

I don't remember the price of Six Flag tickets, but you may have to consider how important this is to you and your wallet. While there, you'll need to listen to your body, and if it tells you to stop, you may need to accept it and stop. Being broke and not all that into roller coasters, I think I wouldn't risk it.

All of my incisions are the same size none of them appear to be larger than an inch, im not justifing a reason to go just asking for opinions. Ive love coasters my entire life, even got on a few 5 days before surgery but now that im 30 pounds light wonder if its too soon to do it again or wait until jan and go to Florida

TECHAMY

We have season passes we get them every year the cost isnt an issue, and I know that my body tells all just curious ya know?

Ok I went after six weeks. My doctor cleared me then.. I too love coasters!!

Even at six weeks it was a bit painful here and there. And I had to be real careful. My thoughts?

Three weeks? To soon...

I think you would want to wait as long as it takes for you to be clear to lift without restrictions. In my case, it is 6 weeks.

Ok thanks everyone I had a small beacon of hope to catch fright fest but, theres always next year! guess ill set my sights on Florida in january.

You guys are the best!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches