Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling a little guilty ..would love some feedback

I feel just like you. I keep waiting for problems but i have had absolutely none. I have followed the doctors plan to the T I think that is why it's been so easy. I'm on week three and I have energy I can drink with no problem I take my Vitamins and Calcium get all my Protein in have been walking 2 miles a day since the 3rd day of surgery and drink at least 64oz of Water. I'd say I feel like normal but actually I feel better then normal and I'm down 36 lbs 265 to 229. For anyone having problems I'm praying everything gets better for you hang in there the weight will come off.

Don't feel guilty hun!!! I have had minor annoying complications, (nausea, diarrhea constantly, trouble with protein/fluids). That being said, Im actually happy about my surgery. I <3 my lil sleeve and know that soon enough I'll be 100%, back to work, and exercising. I love reading about people who are doing great though. It gives me hope, NOT make me sad :) Keep on feelin fabulous and don't look back!

I am 6 months out now and have had some Hair loss that started around 3 months. Its noticeable. Thats great that you do not have any complications.

No problems here either. I followed the rules pretty closely and everything has been going great. 7 weeks post op. Down almost 40 pounds. Get all my Water in and average 90 grams of Protein a day. I work out at the gym 3 times a week and try to get a good walk in on the other days. This has been an amazing experience.

Same here absolutely no problems not even gas, no nausea, up chucking or intolerance.

Seven weeks out down 40 pounds just trying to increase Protein Sometimes I forget I had major surgery.

thanks you guys so much! I do feel much better reading your posts! you made my day! I hope for the ones who are not as fortunate as us that they one day will be at peace with their decision and start feeling good. xoxoo

I had an uncharacteristically smooth recovery process as well, no complication and very few issues since then ( surgery on June 14th, 65LBs lost as of last week)..... BUT, and this is a big but, be careful of the Hair loss. I took all the supplements, including Biotin, and followed all of the recommendations and started to drastically lose my hair around 3 1/2 months postop. The good news? I seem to have lost a bunch of hair in a short period of time, but the hair loss stopped after a few weeks, which is the same experience many of the ladies in my support group have had..... Hopefully this won't happen for you, as it sounds like you are doing great so far! Keep up the awesome work :)

So...I've joined several sites on VSG on the internet and through Facebook...at almost 10 weeks out' date=' I have had zero issues. Not one. Never thrown up, never nauteous, feeling as if I didn't have the surgery at all. I eat healthy but stop the minute I feel full. Im following the program to the T..Ive stepped up the exercise and the weight is coming off. I feel fantastic but cant help but wonder "when is the bubble going to burst?" ....I cant possibly feel this good for the rest of my life, can I? And I feel horribly guilty for the people who are having the worst time with their sleeve, I do...I just do. The surgery itself was a breeze, no pain at all..just felt like I did a thousand sit up's, never had a single issue from the day of surgery until today. My hair loss is minimum and my energy level seems good. I read the horror stories that people post and honestly wonder if Im going to have any issues down the road. Id love to hear from people who have had a great journey and are out for a while now.....I feel kind of alone :( I know it sounds nuts but when I read these stories, I cannot relate and my nature is to help people and I cant. Sounds nuts right? LOL[/quote']

I had surgery June 5. Started out at 246 preop and now 184. The entire experience for this 65 year old grandma has been good for me also. No pain at all after surgery. The only thing I have had to deal with since day one is nausea. It is better but still not gone away. Because of this I can't even think of drinking the Protein drinks and sometimes Water nauseates me. The surgery has taken care of my knee pain, sleeping good and certainly more energy. My husband and I are both retired and travel with our RV. Would do it again!

Same here....no problems, 4 months out , 80 pounds down. Only negative, hair loss..hope it grows back.

So...I've joined several sites on VSG on the internet and through Facebook...at almost 10 weeks out' date=' I have had zero issues. Not one. Never thrown up, never nauteous, feeling as if I didn't have the surgery at all. I eat healthy but stop the minute I feel full. Im following the program to the T..Ive stepped up the exercise and the weight is coming off. I feel fantastic but cant help but wonder "when is the bubble going to burst?" ....I cant possibly feel this good for the rest of my life, can I? And I feel horribly guilty for the people who are having the worst time with their sleeve, I do...I just do. The surgery itself was a breeze, no pain at all..just felt like I did a thousand sit up's, never had a single issue from the day of surgery until today. My hair loss is minimum and my energy level seems good. I read the horror stories that people post and honestly wonder if Im going to have any issues down the road. Id love to hear from people who have had a great journey and are out for a while now.....I feel kind of alone :( I know it sounds nuts but when I read these stories, I cannot relate and my nature is to help people and I cant. Sounds nuts right? LOL[/quote']

Girlfriend, you're telling my story. I've had the exact same experience! And I thank you for telling our story! There are so many posters who post problem recoveries, stalls, and other frustrations, I think it's important to let newbies know that most of us have super-positive experiences.

My only really problem has been what to with the entire wardrobe that is now 3-4 sizes too big! Oh well. It's all off to the consignment shop.

Love my sleeve! Love the way I feel!

Edited by cindymg

OMG I am so glad I've came across this post! I'm 8 days Post OP and have not had any issues at all besides feeling like I should be feeling awful or feeling that I should expect complications. I actually got depressed yesterday because I was wondering if the surgery had even worked because I wasn't feeling severe pain while drinking my liquids or trying something new. I am just going to consider myself blessed for having a so far so smooth start :)

Then let's each promise to help those who struggle and need our support. With love (sometimes tough love) but love nonetheless!

I'm 3 months out this coming week and never had any issues besides burping the first 2-3 weeks. I think most people are fine, it's just that the stories of the 1% that have major issues stick with us.

I'm the same. Just 6 weeks out but so far it has been an easy ride! I'm so thankful.

that's just it' date=' I feel like I should feel bad or something LOL and I just don't. I feel great! Im glad it went smooth, don't get me wrong but sometimes when I read some peoples stories, I feel guilty![/quote']

Oh my word, don't feel bad for not feeling bad! :). I'm PRAYING my VSG experience is like the ones you all are describing! Ain't nobody got time for complications. :)