Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long do you stay in the hospital after surgery.. im a so cal kaiser member

It really depends. For me, I was in overnight - basically 20 hours total. They did all the checks before letting me leave, but it was definitely quick in the overall scheme of things.

2 days for me. 1st day was surgery. 2nd day was for leak test. I really only count day 2 as a 1/2 day. I was supposed to be released at 11am, but my doctor got caught up in Houston traffic. :-(

I was overnight. It depends on your doc, send them a e-mail or call to find out what your doctor likes. :)

One night for me.

One and a half days for me. Surgery day and half the next day.

Contact "Sleeve 4 me" She was sleeved 3 years ago with Kaiser and still speaks at Options graduation classes

Great rescource

I was 2 nights, just under 48 hours. I was grateful to have that long, by the last morning I was feeling pretty good and ready to hit the road, but I was grateful for the staff and medication and fluids they provided me. It was also nice to have daily visits from my surgeon, PA and on my last day the director of my bariatric clinic, my patient coordinator and my NUT came to see me. I felt super special and popular he he. When I left I was like "YEAH, I am ready to hit the road" I even considered going to an afternoon class I was missing, but by the time I made the 20 minute trip home I was like "Where is my Zofran, Percocet, and Pillow"

Contact "Sleeve 4 me" She was sleeved 3 years ago with Kaiser and still speaks at Options graduation classes

Great rescource

I'm in the Kaiser program in Northern California. I havent had surgery yet....hopefully soon.....I was told to expect to stay in the hospital at least overnight. Mymsurgeon said its mainly for pain management while on an iv. If there's any complications, they will keep you longer.

I'm in the Kaiser program in Northern California. I havent had surgery yet....hopefully soon.....I was told to expect to stay in the hospital at least overnight. Mymsurgeon said its mainly for pain management while on an iv. If there's any complications' date=' they will keep you longer.[/quote']

I went through Kaiser Fremont and stayed overnight. Had to pee, take oral pain meds, drink fluids and pass the leak test to leave.

Lynda

I went through Kaiser Fremont and stayed overnight. Had to pee' date=' take oral pain meds, drink fluids and pass the leak test to leave.

Lynda[/quote']

When did you have surgery? How are you doing?

I'm in Kaiser San Diego and I haven't had surgery yet, but they told us to count on one night, maybe two. My sister had the surgery via Kaiser in Fullerton and she was in the hospital from Thursday to Sunday because they said she wasn't easting enough..so it all just depends..I'm hoping for just one night!!

I'll stay as long as they want. Need two more pounds off to meet my pre op goal. The scale hasn't moved in three days...grrrrrr... Having to wait a month for my appt with the shrink, but at least by then I should have lost those last two pounds. Really hoping to have surgery before Christmas. I'm at Kaiser Sacramento. I have friends in the program at other KP facilities and I've noticed some differences in their programs.