Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am allowed to swollow pills. All my meds were in pill form

The gas x soft gels do not work as well for sleeve patients. The gel outside is broken down after where we need the gas x to work. I was told to avoid the soft gels not because of their size or because they are a pill, but because they just aren't as helpful as the liquid drops, or chewables.< /p>

I was sleeved Thursday and feel surprisingly well....I use the gas x strips and they work amazingly... I am a little sore but a heating pad is my best friend right now...my pain pills are pill form and I have to break them in half to get them down...having some trouble with my liquids but I just tried a sf Popsicle and it went down amazing and I will try some broth later tonight!!! Other than the headache I have(caffine withdrawal) I feel GREAT! It still feels unreal that my life is going to change FORVER!!!! I'm so excited!!! Good luck fellow sleevers!!! One question has anyone tried mederma for scars after the steristrips fall off?

GasX feel kind of weird when i swallow them is that normal they are soft gels? I need the relief

They have Gas-X Strips!

They have Gas-X Strips!

I am TOTALLY getting some of those bad boys today! That's my own real discomfort since getting sleeved Wednesday. And I've found when I make shakes in the blender, the added air makes for gassy discomfort, until I muster up a good burp. lol

New topic...how long until anyone has had a pooh after getting sleeved? I haven't had one since Wednesday morning. Normal? Has anyone used a laxative to get it going? Is that acceptable? I've even tried Decaf coffee, hoping that could trigger it. But nope. :(

My doctor told me "nothing" is to go on my incisions and to just scrub with soap in shower! Outside the shower it drives me crazy but each day is getting better! As far as the liquids I wasn't able to get much down but I was able to get more down each day just make sure you are getting your Protein intake!

My grandparents owned their own business for thirty years- greenhouses. One thing they sold and believed in was aloe Vera plant. I had an incision to get infected and opened an aloe stalk, rubbed it on it, and bandaged it for a few days. It really helped.

I was just sleeved last Monday the 14th and just had my first BM today. I took laxatives on Friday and it did nothing. I started drinking v8 with Fiber. Last night I took a stole softener and fiber pill and this morning I went! Just have to figure out what works for you. We are really not eating anything and I have trouble drinking Water so I have been trying other things that work! Decafe tea and power aide zero.

I was just sleeved last Monday the 14th and just had my first BM today. I took laxatives on Friday and it did nothing. I started drinking v8 with fiber. Last night I took a stole softener and fiber pill and this morning I went! Just have to figure out what works for you. We are really not eating anything and I have trouble drinking Water so I have been trying other things that work! Decafe tea and power aide zero.

I'm noticing that I'm able to drink more than 2oz an hour and I'm wondering if others drink more than that.

I'm noticing that I'm able to drink more than 2oz an hour and I'm wondering if others drink more than that.

How many days out of surgery are you? Mine was Tuesday, Oct. 15th. Wednesday and Thursday I did okay with my liquids, and Friday I had 102 oz! (Awesome!) I had 2 bottles of Water between 8am-12pm, 2 between 1pm-5pm, and 2 between 5pm-8pm.

Saturday was really hard for me to drink. I barely got 64 oz. (My surgeon's recommended minimum.) I met my goal with sugar free Popsicles and Sugar Free Jello.

Today (Sunday) has been a lot easier. I bought a children's sippy cup, and I've been drinking Powerade zero through it. I'm telling you, the sippy cup was brilliant. I was taking too big of drinks before, and the sippy cup prevents that. I'm averaging about 10 oz/hr today.

My surgery was the 15 too. I'm still trying. To drink two 4oz Protein Shakes each day plus two bottles of Water and two cups of coffee. I'm still waking up in pain but it's better than it was. I'm gonna try the soppy cup idea

The Nuby sippy cup is my favorite!

For some reason I can't drink Water. I have resorted to deface tea and Powerade zero. The water bother my stomach. I am also not good at drinking slow. I have to work on that.

For some reason I can't drink Water. I have resorted to deface tea and Powerade zero. The Water bother my stomach. I am also not good at drinking slow. I have to work on that.

I'm drinking the nestle wYer splash which has flavor to it like lemon and berry and I think that's why I can tolerate it

You aren't suppose to swallow pills. I out the soft gels in my mouth and pop them with my teeth and swallow the liquid inside bc I couldn't find the strips .

They gave me pills in hospital less than 24 after surgery. I figured if I could swallow metformin I could swallow gas x

I was just sleeved last Monday the 14th and just had my first BM today. I took laxatives on Friday and it did nothing. I started drinking v8 with fiber. Last night I took a stole softener and fiber pill and this morning I went! Just have to figure out what works for you. We are really not eating anything and I have trouble drinking Water so I have been trying other things that work! Decafe tea and power aide zero.

I had to take imodem because I couldn't stop poohing