Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! 6 days post op! :)

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've been lurking for a few days. I was sleeved Oct. 7 2013 so I am 6 days post-op. My surgery went smoothly, pain afterward was minimal. However, the nausea was killer for the rest of the day. By morning it was better, no throwing up but still very nauseated! I came home Tuesday but really don't remember much from that day other than the ride home was terrible and taking the liquid lortab I was given for pain and it coming right back up. I haven't touched pain meds since. The only "pain" I have had is the gas pains in my shoulder at bedtime.

Today, day 6, I feel perfectly fine. My doc said if i was up to going back to work on Monday I could (I have a desk job) so thats what I will be doing tomorrow.

Anyone else get sleeved on the 7th? How are you doing?

candy

Not sleeved yet, but are you really going to go back to work tomorrow? That is amazing. I hope my recovery feels as good as yours sound.

The nausea was overwhelming, I expected pain but not the nausea and vomitting. Yea, I'm surprised, I'm not sure how long I should sit on the edge of my seat waiting for something bad to happen!

Not sleeved yet' date=' but are you really going to go back to work tomorrow? That is amazing. I hope my recovery feels as good as yours sound.[/quote']

Yes! Im shocked myself I thought i would at least be tired or have some pain. My stamina is not 100% but I've been walking everyday trying to improve and i feel loads better everyday. There is just a tad bit discomfort in my left shoulder in the evening but its almost gone too. Sometimes my incisions will itch or have a quick stinging sensation that goes away as soon as it comes. I made myself get up and walk around after surgery so they wouldn't make me stay. The chic next to me did not get to go home. She never was up and walking around, they couldn't get her off oxygen.

I was sleeved October 7th also, I was released on Wednesday. I also had a hitail hernia repaired.

Yesterday was the worst day but I am better today however I will not he returning to work tommorrow. I have to hold my insicion that the stomach came out of, and I cannot bend.

I sit at a dedk but I have to get up constantly and bend for files.

Good luck tommorrow!

We were required to stay two nights at the hospital, it is part of the requirements.

I had no choice to take the oxygen off, if I fid they would come in and put it back on and I walked from the beginning, around and around I would go.

Everyone is so very different in how they heal.

The nausea was overwhelming, I expected pain but not the nausea and vomitting. Yea, I'm surprised, I'm not sure how long I should sit on the edge of my seat waiting for something bad to happen!

Testing out the quote feature. I think I feel the same way about my countdown to surgery. Like something will stop it or something.

Hello... I was sleeved on 10/9 and the first few days was the worst but not too bad a little nausea..everything has went good as the days go by also the second day in hospital they gave me something to put behind my ear and I felt better. (Nausea)...I'm so happy I mad this decision. Good luck everyone

Hi all I was sleeved on the 9 th October here in the uk Agree that the incisions are itching so a good sign of healing the only other discomfort is when I lye in bed at night it can be slight pain taking deeper breaths like the ribs are bruised but all in all my first ever op and the pain has been minimal just occasionally the odd more painful twinge and drinking is a lot better than day 2 and relived that toilet habits are settling down to more normal than days 1-3 .. Good luck all x

I was Oct 9 as well and only took pain meds once since I left the hospital and my stitches itch as well. Everything is going great and the soreness is not that bad but it's there..

I was also sleeved on 10/7 and am doing well. I wasn't allow anything to drink for 24 hours after the surgery, so on 10/8, when I got some Water to sip, I threw it right back up. Only it didn't look the same as the stuff going down. It was pretty gross looking. Only happened twice and then I could sip with no issues. The gas pains were pretty intense until the night of the 9th. I went to bed and woke up around 2 or 3 am, and was expelling gas pretty good. I only have soreness around my belly button now where they repaired a hernia and pulled my stomach through. I also have a desk job, but my wife, who is a nurse, is insistent that I not go back yet. She (and my doctor) says one week isn't enough time for the healing to be done. I went to Sunday morning meeting yesterday and was gone a couple of hours total. After my shower and getting dressed, I was exhausted. But I wanted to go anyway. By the time I got home, it was all I could do to undress and fall in bed. I slept 2.5 hours. This morning, I still feel good. Down 30 lbs total; 20 lbs before surgery on liquid diet and 10 lbs since the surgery.

I had a decent day at work. It wasn't too bad. Would have been better if i would have been able to sleep the night before!

So glad to have so many surgery brothers and sisters! Good luck with your journey! If you have myfitnesspal i am overtherainebow spelled exactly like that.