Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you try breads?

I'm 4 months out now' date=' and I know I can start to introduce everything again (and I have been). The one thing I haven't tried are the breads and pastas. I've been afraid. One, I'm afraid of craving them again like I used to, and two...well, you hear horror stories about it getting stuck and everything.

When did you try to eat breads? And how was it for you?

I've done crackers, matzo, and corn tortillas...[/quote']

If i eat breads its whole wheat but i try to avoid them

I think I am of the camp where if I tell myself I can never have it then I will crave it and obsess about it....so when the urge hits I have it....also I have personally found I feel better with a few carbs on board....not a high or anything, just more energy and stamina....more desire to move. So maybe it's a sugar high, maybe it's just my body using the quick energy before the Protein kicks in.....but that is my goal. I was always hoping to be able to eat in moderation and the little bit of anything I want without going hog wild. Right now(7 weeks out) that is where I am....my goal is to stay there and to have as close to a "normal" relationship with food as possible.....

bread isn't an enemy. It just expands in our small stomachs and, if too much is consumed, will leave no room for the Protein which we need to heal and keep our muscles. I don't even find bread to taste great anymore but I do miss those hot, buttered rolls sometimes LOL It just doesn't sit well with my stomach so I don't even bother. I would wait until well after the 3 month mark when your staple line should be healed up so that it doesn't push on it.

I live in the real world. Where people eat bread, rice, and Pasta. If someone told me id never be able to eat bread again after wls Id hafta hurt em. Melba toast was on my soft food list (hubby and I did an experiement. Put a pc of melba toast in some Water along with a small pc of bread. 10 mins later the bread was about 4x the size and the melba toast was the same. Then I understoof why I could have that vs bread). Dipped melba toast in my egg yolk, put tuna salad on them, used it to dip in my chili. Wherever I used to use bread, I used melba toast.

At about 2 mths I had 1/2 of a 1/2 of a bagel. Went down fine. Since then, I eat Pasta, rice, and bread on a daily basis. I can eat about 2/3 of a pc of wheat bread. Sits fine. I don't do low carb, otherwise I obviously wouldn't be so pro carbs. I had wls so Id never have to diet again and counting anything seems like dieting to me.

I strive to eat healthy, cut back on fast food, cut back on junk food, but I don't limit myself to only Protein and veggies. Works for me. I'm losing slowly. I know I could speed it up by watching more of what goes into my mouth but I'm done obsessing over food. Its not my only thought anymore. And if I was couting everything, food would be my main thought in the day.

Not sure if my plan is very popular around here. Thank God I have a sleeve that limits my portions to very tiny amts of food.

Ok, what was the ? Again? Oh yeah, when can u have bread again. If it were me, I would've already had it. Most people try to stay away from it tho.

The answer is in there somewhere....I think...