Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tall female sleevers...

Hi im 5'11 and will have my surgery on Tuesday. My senior yr of high school i was down to 175 or 180. And i was a size 12. I set my goal for 200. I dont want to be a bean pole either:)

Hello all tall sleever girls!! Thank you all for sharing with me! I really appreciate the feedback. After reading thru the responses it appears I am on target.

I am 5'7 Surgery weight was 267. Current weight is 207. And goal weight is 150. Secretly I want to be 130 but I think thats too ambitious lol. I will be extremely happy at 150.

I was a size 6 before marriage and my 3 beautiful girls. I've come to term that I will never be that small again. And even if I was I will never be that normal size 6 with out all the extra skin and stretch marks lol the joys of motherhood.

I am 5'10", I swear i used to be 5'11", lol. Surgery is nov 25, I am currently between 307-310 on my scale. I haven't really thought of a goal weight, like some of you, thinking about being under 200 seems crazy, but my guess is maybe 170-180 for my height. My husband is 6-6'2 ish and is 220. He is pretty trim but solid. I don't know if I can compare my body to his though when it comes to how a certain weight would look. At 220 I would still look fluffy I would think.

I'm 5'8". Started out at 332 and set my goal for 165. I'm currently 234.

I'm 5'8 before surgery I was 5'7 half I started at 299 I'm now I73 my goal was 185 but I'm 12 pounds under so now I'm going for normal bmi of 164 I'm 125 pounds down and 8 months out

Here some pics if what I look like and y'all take about shapes can anyone tell me my shape

post-23216-13838396309211_thumb.jpg

post-23216-13838396309973_thumb.jpg

post-23216-13838396310739_thumb.jpg

Wow!!! You look terrific!!! I have no idea what shape I am either. I'm a "brickhouse"!! I am proportioned...big all over!

I'm nearly 5'"11. Current weight, I don't know. But I was 110lbs in high school. Sticks and bones. 150lbs after first pregnancy, I was a size 4. 162 at my healthiest a size 6. Currently a skinny size 8. I think of myself as a skinny pear shape lol.

I'm 5'8 before surgery I was 5'7 half I started at 299 I'm now I73 my goal was 185 but I'm 12 pounds under so now I'm going for normal bmi of 164 I'm 125 pounds down and 8 months out

Here some pics if what I look like and y'all take about shapes can anyone tell me my shape

I think you look perfect. :)

Wow!!! You look terrific!!! I have no idea what shape I am either. I'm a "brickhouse"!! I am proportioned...big all over!
thank you hun I feel good to

I'm 5'11" and built like a linebacker (a true apple). My surgeon never set a goal weight. Started at 258, down to 204. Normal BMI is 180. My PCP is happy where I am now, since my diabetes and high blood pressure are under control.

But I see another 30 lbs sitting on my abdomen that I would like to see gone. Following my plan, exercising like a fiend -- it will happen!

I'm 5'9 started at 251 I'm steady at 165-170 and very happy! 14 months out. I was a size 2X top 18 bottom now a medium top and a 10 jeans. I have a few 8's but they are real stretchy! I'm bottom heavy. Good luck!

Hi all

I am 6 ft tall and my goal weight is 200.

I am currently 10 weeks post and my cw is 304. Hw 377.5 Sw 353.8.

That would be me too. I gain my weight all over...but my waist always stays smaller than breast, hips, thighs and arms... even now at 330+ lbs I don't have rolls in my back or stomach area. If you're the same, that would mean you have an hourglass shape like me. If you gain weight at the top disportionately then you're an apple shape, if you gain it more at the bottom than anywhere else then you're a pear,

Edited by Jerzygurl

I'm 5'9 and my starting weight was 254 and I now weigh 160. I look and feel good, but there is still some jiggly fat I'd like to see go away, but if it doesn't, no biggie.

Goal weights are very personal, but truth be told, I think a lot of ladies sell themselves short on how low they could go. We've become a society that is so used to fat people that thinner folks seem "out of the ordinary" to us, when that was hardly the norm just a couple of decades ago.

I would rather stay on the thinner side of the "normal" range for my height, because it's better for my bones and joints, especially at my age (51).

But we all have to aim for what we think will work best for us as individuals! Best of luck on your journey!