Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

tall female sleevers...

Am I seeing this correctly??? Some of you ladies are getting taller as you are taking the weight off? I guess it makes sense with the compression of the spine and maybe some posture issues... Maybe...IDK. DANG I never thought I could get taller :(. 5'11" is tall enough for this girl.

From what I'm seeing they are shrinking (height and weight). My surgeon's office has me at 5'7.5" , my NUT has me at 5'8.5" and my PCP at 5'9"....go figure!

I'm 5'11 and would be absolutely thrilled to weigh between 185-195.

SW 397

CW 288

DOS 2/16/13

I'm 5'9" and I had set my 1st personal goal at 220lbs and my second at 170, but am flexible. The nutritionist set my weight for 177 lbs but measured me at 5'8" for some reason but I know that's wrong. I plan on seeing how I feel as I get to each weight. I have yo-yoed through the years and blew UP once I started nursing school and never went back. I've seen myself at a lot of weights and hope I don't go into/below 160s. For my frame it's a bit thin and my hip bones start sticking out and people started questioning what was up (people don't know if they want you fat or thin). Everyones version of thin is relative and my boy also doesn't care for it. I guess I'll see what happens {)i(} Sent from my iPhone using VST {)i(}

Edited by back2barb78

I hear ya. I keep flip flopping in my head about my goals. I'm afraid of looking sick. I was 170-175 before having kids. After my oldest son I couldn't get below 200 lbs. He is 15!!!

My sister who had the gastric bypass was about 400 lbs and now she is below 140. She looks sick, weak. Plus she has a tune of sagging skin. She and I were at the same height, 5'9. I don't want to look like that, but at the same time I am not 400 lbs. At my heaviest I was 290 and was just weighed in on Tues with my NUT at 278.

I know I shrank because my daughter who is 5'7 was looking taller to me. We both thought she got taller, but in fact I was the one that shrunk which surprised me. Took my height again at home and I am still 5'8. Wonder too if I will go back to 5'9 once the weight drops. I know my shoe size changes when I drop weight. Weird how that works....

Edited by ReEstDec2013

Hello,

I'm 6 feet tall and currently weigh 338. I'm awaiting insurance approval. Request was submitted last week and they have 30 days to respond. I'm praying it will be a yes. My concern is I don't have the comorbitidies of diabeties or high blood pressure BUT my knees are totally gone and need to be replaced. I also have a herniated disc and compression fracture in my spine.

I've set my goal on this site for 220 pounds. I hope to see 200 pounds again. My joints would be SO much happier at that weight.

I'm 5'8'' used to be 5'10" but arthritis...Started at 380 - heading for 170.... :)

My team said that if I stop now it would be wonderful..Don't think so, really want to be in onderland!!!!!

I hear ya. I keep flip flopping in my head about my goals. I'm afraid of looking sick. I was 170-175 before having kids. After my oldest son I couldn't get below 200 lbs. He is 15!!!

You are seriously reading my mind! I don't know why but I am obsessed with setting a goal and keep going back and forth between 165 or 175. Maybe 170 is the answer LOL?

Goal weights will change as you see your self I'm 5'8 at 171 my goal was 185 I was happy either way but not tryna get to normal bmi if 165 this is how I look

Ppl mostly feel like they look sick because your not use to seeing yourself that small but my advice is get down at least 10 pound under what you really wanna be .. I decide to let my sleeve lead me

post-23216-13838396953015_thumb.jpg

Goal weights will change as you see your self I'm 5'8 at 171 my goal was 185 I was happy either way but not tryna get to normal bmi if 165 this is how I look Ppl mostly feel like they look sick because your not use to seeing yourself that small but my advice is get down at least 10 pound under what you really wanna be .. I decide to let my sleeve lead me
I'm trying to get to normal bmi I meant

post-23216-1383839695395_thumb.jpg

You look great at that weight.. For the moment I'll but dream!! Congratulations!!

You look great at that weight.. For the moment I'll but dream!! Congratulations!!
thank you I feel good too

Goal weights will change as you see your self I'm 5'8 at 171 my goal was 185 I was happy either way but not tryna get to normal bmi if 165 this is how I look

post-23216-13838396953015_thumb.jpg

Ppl mostly feel like they look sick because your not use to seeing yourself that small but my advice is get down at least 10 pound under what you really wanna be .. I decide to let my sleeve lead me

Now THAT is how I would like to look like! You look GREAT!