Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers - Men's Room

Good luck. On your surgery. Everything will be ok. Focus on the future. The new you more healthier n energetic. Just remember to walk n take your liquid after surgery.

I'm done. Yesterday, Surgery day, was rough, but I made it through it. The hardest part was trying to drink Water and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't keep it down turns out it was nausea, but I didn't feel like I was going to throw up. This morning around 6 AM I asked for nausea medicine and have been a successful drinker since then, 1/2oz at a time. I drank 20 oz in 2.5 hrs.

The gas pains are intense and my fat stomach looks bloated. I told my wife she could rub it and it would bring her good luck. She would not.

Dr sent a piece of my liver to get a biopsy. He told my wife I had fatty liver disease. I don't know what that is, but when he comes to release me today I will ask.

I'm done. Yesterday, Surgery day, was rough, but I made it through it. The hardest part was trying to drink Water and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't keep it down turns out it was nausea, but I didn't feel like I was going to throw up. This morning around 6 AM I asked for nausea medicine and have been a successful drinker since then, 1/2oz at a time. I drank 20 oz in 2.5 hrs.

The gas pains are intense and my fat stomach looks bloated. I told my wife she could rub it and it would bring her good luck. She would not.

Dr sent a piece of my liver to get a biopsy. He told my wife I had fatty liver disease. I don't know what that is, but when he comes to release me today I will ask.

Good to see you're getting released today. I'll keep the nausea medicine in mind when I go in Monday. The doctor told me I won't be released till I dink enough water. Have they done a leak test, yet?

They did a leak test during surgery and did not do another one. I'm not just going home. I'm on my way to my sons football game.

I have drank 30 oz of Water and two pop cycles today. I feel good. Definitely do not feel like I got my stomach removed.

I was the same way. Leak test done during procedure. I'm 5 days postop and I don't really feel like I've had the surgery. No pain, no nausea, no problems getting Protein and liquids in, etc. I have a little shoulder pain and am a little sore when I wake up in the morning. I'm just about completely off pain meds. I take some Tylenol in the morning to help with the soreness, but probably could do fine without. The soreness is less than what you feel after a good workout.

take some Tylenol in the morning to help with the soreness' date=' but probably could do fine without. The soreness is less than what you feel after a good workout.[/quote']

Do you take liquid Tylenol? Do they make that?

Most of my soreness is because of the gas. I have bad pain in my shoulders too. Everyone says it lasts a couple days, but it sounds like I may need to plan for longer.

I'm gonna go home and make a Protein Shake then take a nap.

Yes, they make liquid acetaminophen for adults. Should be able to get it at about any grocery or pharmacy.

Do Protein Shakes made with Water count as your daily water intake?

How did it go?

Made it to the other side, no problems at all so far (knock on wood).

Do Protein Shakes made with Water count as your daily water intake?

Depends who you ask, but I would say yes. I haven't had any trouble getting or keeping water down, 2-3 oz at a time, just have to hold up if i feel the stomach pushing back a little.

Would agree that the pain from the surgery is nothing compared to the gas? I really didn't use the morphine pump, as I knew I still had that incredibly uncomfortable gas situation. It really didn't get better until I started drinking liquids.

I was sleeved last Monday October 14th I'm now 5 days post op. Can't wait to start the puree phase this Monday.

I was sleeved last Monday October 14th I'm now 5 days post op. Can't wait to start the puree phase this Monday.

I bet. I watched my family eat last night and wanted to nibble. I'm not hungry, I just wanted something other than liquid.

My surgery is Tues 22nd at 1pm. starting to get a little nervous thinking about everything. Looking forward to the other side though.

My surgery is Tues 22nd at 1pm. starting to get a little nervous thinking about everything. Looking forward to the other side though.

I felt the same way. I second guessed everything until they gave me the go to sleep shot.

I am 2days post-op and I'm great. The stress is normal.