Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe Thyroid Level is why I CAN'T get to goal! Progression Pics.

Thank you everyone! I don't have a thyroid. It was ablated with radiation. I'm currently now on 125 from 112. I was on 125 before but it made me hyper. So we will see if I get hyper again. I hope not!! I hate that feeling. I wish there was a dose between. But there isn't. I hope this increase helps! :)

I was on 137mcg 6/week before my last appointment because 137 7/wk was too much and 125 was too low. Maybe you could talk to your doc to see if you could try something like that?

I went to see my endo this week and she lowered me to 100mcg. I haven't been on that low of a dose in 25 years! My endo said it's because I am a shadow of my former self.

Back in 2008 I was diagnosed with Graves Disease. I had to have my thyroid ablated (RAI) radiation and had it killed off. So now I have a dead gland in my neck. I was 245 pounds then. After the radiation' date=' I gained another 50 pounds which put me at my higest weight of 295 -299. I started on meds and my weight gain leveled off but I couldn't lose. So that is when I decided to have surgery. Anyway, my meds have been adjusted down 3 times since being sleeved and as I've lost weight. Just got my labs back and I'm hypothyroid again so I need to go back up on my meds a bit. I haven't lost any weight in 6 months really.Nothing has worked. My hair is still falling out and I've been an emotional wreck! I sure hope this helps me. I'm praying this adjustment on my medication will get my weight loss started again! Very hopeful! I want to be at 150! I decided to take some pics yesterday just to remind myself of where I've come from. At least, I haven't been gaining to much. Well, I did gain 7 pounds and lose two. I really think this is the reason. I pray that it is! Starting on new meds tomorrow. :)

[/quote']

Hey Lisa,

You look beautiul!!!!!

You should be very proud of yourself.

I am also hypothyroid so I know it can be difficult,

So girlfriend you should be twice as proud of yourself!

To the OP: you look absolutely amazing and congratulations for your success!! Would it be so terrible to be at 166 pounds for your goal? You really look great and maybe just to focus on your other health issues right now can help you to get better and then look to(if necessary) lose more weight.

I think you look amazing! Good luck on your medication adjustments.

Hey Lisa,

You look beautiul!!!!!

You should be very proud of yourself.

I am also hypothyroid so I know it can be difficult,

So girlfriend you should be twice as proud of yourself!

Thank you so much!1 :)

My grandmother and mother have hypothyroidism, and my sister has Hashimoto's. I've been "borderline" and previously on a low dose if synthroid, but didn't feel it was helping. Just recently, for the past month or so, I've been EXHAUSTED -- no amount of sleep is enough, I'm crying all the time, my skin is dry... I just had blood drawn yesterday when I requested my primary do a thorough check of my thyroid.

If it comes back that I need to go back on medication for hypothyroidism, I'm going to ask for desiccated thyroid. From what I've read, it just works better for some people. But according to this article, some doctors get pissed when patients mention it. But I figured it was worth sharing...

http://thyroid.about.com/b/2009/01/27/the-desiccated-thyroid-controversy-why-endocrinologists-dont-like-armour-thyroid.htm