Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Wow, the Unjury chocolate is soooo much better (to me) than the Premier Protein! I will finish what I bought, though.

Hi, my date for the sleeve is for Dec. 18th. I start my pre-op diet Wednesday. Getting a little nervous. Hope I can stick with the diet. Want to be in the best shape I can be for surgery. I'm 57 and have a BMI OF 43. My doctor is K. Robert Williams at The New Life Center in Knoxville, Tn.

Hi, my date for the sleeve is for Dec. 18th. I start my pre-op diet Wednesday. Getting a little nervous. Hope I can stick with the diet. Want to be in the best shape I can be for surgery. I'm 57 and have a BMI OF 43. My doctor is K. Robert Williams at The New Life Center in Knoxville, Tn.

Welcome to the 18th Club!!

I know the preop is very hard for most people. Just to give some hope, it has been much easier for me than anticipated. Even though I hated my first 2 shakes (different brands) and don't like yogurt in general, much less the lower calorie ones,, it has still been easy for me to chug along and get it done.

I'm thankful my third shake option was way more tasty.

I'm fortunate in that I'm not an emotional eater, don't particularly eat a lot if sweets or snack much. I just generally over ate at my meals and drank sodas/sweet tea.

Very thankful to be this much closer to surgery date!

I am in Northern Michigan. You?

I'm in Harrison, Mi

Hi, I'm 29 and at 240. Going to my pre-op appointment tomorrow to schedual my revision from lap band to sleeve for December. Looking at a December 17th-18th date. I'm also moving from a homeless shelter into my own apartment this week, so this looks like it's going to be a busy and exciting month for me. So I'll post tomorrow on my deff date.

Hi, I'm 29 and at 240. Going to my pre-op appointment tomorrow to schedual my revision from lap band to sleeve for December. Looking at a December 17th-18th date. I'm also moving from a homeless shelter into my own apartment this week, so this looks like it's going to be a busy and exciting month for me. So I'll post tomorrow on my deff date.

Good for you all the way around! Best of Luck...at your pre-op tomorrow and congrats on the new apartment!!

Have pre-admission testing tomorrow morning at 6:30AM! Hopefully, I will get to work on time. Have to be there by 8:15!

Good luck tomorrow - Surgery on Wednesday for me :) will keep u all posted!

Surgery tomorrow. Tried to keep my mind off of it today, but now I'm sooo nervous. I guess it's because my mom just drove into town to be here with me so it's becoming more real. My prayers are with those who are getting sleeved tomorrow too!

Where can I find the Unjury chocolate

You can get it at www.Unjury.com or Amazon. It looks like it might be cheaper on Unjury.com

No to the pre-op diet. I go on 12/9 for testing and to meet with my nutritionist who will give me the details I guess. I only have to do liquid the day before surgery. Getting nervous because I feel like I am in the dark about what to eat (I mean drink) after surgery.

I know what you mean about being in the dark. I was required to have two NUT visits and he told me, you'll get the pre-op and post-op eating plan at our next meeting. I was like really? Give it to me now. I want to know.. NOW..lol

Hang in there..it's a coming! When I got it..I was like oh okay..this is easy. You truly don't get to eat much on either pre or post...but I was anxious to get it anyway.

Hey Jerzygurl,

I see your date is tomorrow - I will be thinking about you - can't wait to hear the details.

Blessings,

Tammie

To everyone with upcoming surgeries:

Wondering if any of you guys will be using Twitter to "live tweet" your hospital experience (and tweet your recovery journey going forward)? If so where can we find you? :)