Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Glad I'm not alone! !

I'm worried/scared :( sleeved 12/18/13 and found out yesterday I'm pregnant ...I can barely eat..I don't know were to start...if anyone has gone through this please advise ..thanks in advance

Edited by meamo

Don't be scared Meamo. *big hug* Contact your doctor and an OB/GYN. They will help guide you through your pregnancy to ensure that you and you little one are eating enough and remain healthy.

Congratulations!!! :)

Don't be scared Meamo. *big hug* Contact your doctor and an OB/GYN. They will help guide you through your pregnancy to ensure that you and you little one are eating enough and remain healthy.

Congratulations!!! :)

Thank you so much Blondie! :) will do :) many blessings to you on your journey xoxo

Edited by meamo

You're welcome! :)

There is a pregnancy forum here...check it out and get more help/support from women who are going through the same thing.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/427-pregnancy-with-gastric-sleeve-surgery/

I'm worried/scared :( sleeved 12/18/13 and found out yesterday I'm pregnant ...I can barely eat..I don't know were to start...if anyone has gone through this please advise ..thanks in advance

I agree contact your doctor that was my first question at the seminar and I was told you have to wait two year before having a baby...keep us posted

Let us know how you are doing. Thoughts and prayers with you. Just have faith it will all work out as it should.

No worries like everyone said contact the experts -- someone on my fb Bariatric support page is 30 weeks out and 31 weeks pregnant -- her and baby are doing just fine!!!

Meamo, don't be scared. Breathe. It has been done before. :) My OBGYN (yes, OBGYN!), got pregnant just 4 months after having gastric by-pass surgery. That was the healthiest of her three pregnancies, her baby girl is now 4 years old and healthy, and she looks more beautiful and fit than ever. You will have to be extra careful and diligent about your Vitamin intake, Calcium, etc. and stay in close contact with your doctors. Here is her story: http://www.endtheweight.com/bariatrics/shieva.htm

On a side note, congratulations!! Is this your first?

Edited by BestYet2Come

Meamo, don't be scared. Breathe. It has been done before. :) My OBGYN (yes, OBGYN!), got pregnant just 4 months after having gastric by-pass surgery. That was the healthiest of her three pregnancies, her baby girl is now 4 years old and healthy, and she looks more beautiful and fit than ever. You will have to be extra careful and diligent about your Vitamin intake, Calcium, etc. and stay in close contact with your doctors. Here is her story: http://www.endtheweight.com/bariatrics/shieva.htm

On a side note, congratulations!! Is this your first?

Thank you so much BestYet2Come!! :) so great to know I'm not alone. I just get worried since I barley eat ..today I have just ate a few grapes and provolone cheese :( I'm currently taking 1 prenatal vitamin with folic acid...scheduled for a ultrasound next Monday. .this will be my 3rd child :) my son is 14 daughter is 10..I know starting all over again..but I have always wanted to have 3 :) thanks again! I will keep everyone updated :) blessing to all on your journey!

Hi Pals! I'm experiencing my first stomach bug since surgery and am just a mess! I'm struggling to keep any calories in and am really only able to tolerate a few saltines and full calorie Gatorade. Both of these go against everything I have been trying to accomplish the past six months and I know this probably sounds foolish but does anyone have any other suggestions on getting any Protein in or at least no carbs and added sugar?

Please don't think I'm nuts over here... I just know what a slippery slope full calorie drinks have been for me in the past and carbs are definitely enemy #1. The first day of the bug I tried just Water and then water with a little crystal lite but the sugar substitute made things even worse.

Thanks my December Sleever Pals. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the warm weather with your skinny, hot bodies!!! :)

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I think staying hydrated should be #1. I would not worry about Protein until you are feeling better. I am not a dr but important to not get dehydrated. Get better fast!

Sleeved on 12/26 and I have only lost 25 lbs. I am beyond frustrated. I am hypothyroid and have struggled since the surgery to get my dosage right. I think I finally have achieved that but I need to do something to jump start me again.

Sleeved on 12/26 and I have only lost 25 lbs. I am beyond frustrated. I am hypothyroid and have struggled since the surgery to get my dosage right. I think I finally have achieved that but I need to do something to jump start me again.

Wow, that must be so frustrating! I'm so sorry! Now that you feel you have the doseage right, do you think you can kick start it again with a week of liquid diet or liquid diet or very strict low carb high Protein? I haven't had to go back to the liquid diet yet, but there are times I get very strict with the carbs so I can see some movement on the scale. I eat lots of deli meat/salami for lunch and dinner with a Premier Protein drink for Breakfast. Good luck! I hope that it picks up for you now that your meds are adjusted.