Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

While I'm doing well, I have also noticed a tendancy to fall back old habits. I joined a gym and started going just walking on the treadmill for now. (I know I need more) I don't know what I'm doing and can't afford a trainer at the moment. Anyway I sort of stopped going. I find myself eating candy--which is not something I did before WLS. We're about 4 months in at this point and I think it gets harder from here. Point is to not give up. For me this was my last chance at living longer, better and healthier. We made a huge decision and have taken a big step towards life change. Now is not the time to go backwards![/quote

Remember WHY you started this journey in the first place. Are you keeping a journal? Rigorous honesty with yourself through using a tool like a journal may help you find your motivation again and keep you focused. You got this!

Edited by Tarheel79

Feeling more "normal" than I have in 25 years. My wife and I went away for the weekend and when swimming in the pool it felt great to take off my shirt and look fairly normal.

When I was a 3x/4x I felt like a moose swimming and usually left a t-shirt on. Now, wearing a size Large shirt I feel great sitting by the pool without a shirt.

Then when shopping for a t-shirt it felt great when the worker said "you're a Medium right?"

Feeling more "normal" than I have in 25 years. My wife and I went away for the weekend and when swimming in the pool it felt great to take off my shirt and look fairly normal.<br><br> When I was a 3x/4x I felt like a moose swimming and usually left a t-shirt on. Now, wearing a size Large shirt I feel great sitting by the pool without a shirt.<br><br> Then when shopping for a t-shirt it felt great when the worker said "you're a Medium right?"

Know that feeling exactly!! Congrats! We have a pool in the backyard; definitely looking forward to summmma!!

We have a backyard pool and I bought two new bathing suits - a size too small. I can't wait to wear them - my belly is so flat now!

Feeling good! Sleeved 12/2/13 .. Just returned from a lovely vacation in Boca Grande..walked everyday and did NOT gain a pound, in fact lost one so I'm pretty happy.

HW: 253

CW: 193

Keep pushing on fellow sleevers!

Its been a while since I posed on here!!

Hope everyone is well.

Sleeved 12-18

Hw 283

Sw 260

Cw 199.7

Gw 180

Its been a while since I posed on here!!

Hope everyone is well.

Sleeved 12-18

Hw 283

Sw 260

Cw 199.7

Gw 180

Great job how tall are u? I was sleeved and hernia repaired on 12.12.13 down about 60 since then and 80 since October --- sitting pretty at 177 this morning but having major setbacks with gastritis and suture inflammation -- have to stay on full liquids until mid June

Great job how tall are u? I was sleeved and hernia repaired on 12.12.13 down about 60 since then and 80 since October --- sitting pretty at 177 this morning but having major setbacks with gastritis and suture inflammation -- have to stay on full liquids until mid June

5 f 7 I

5 f 7 I

Mee too hope I don't get lower than 170 on these liquids for 2 months

Just checking in!

Sleeved 12/2.

SW 271 (no pre op diet)

CW 191

Officially down 80lbs! Only 20lbs to my initial goal of a 100lb lost (171lbs).

Also have taken up running and run 3+ miles 3x a week, in addition to yoga and still trying out new classes at the gym. I am doing my first 5k race in a week and a half.

Just thrilled with the results of my surgery! Yes I have stalled (the infamous 2-3 week was hard and just came out of one that started at 4mos and lasted a couple of weeks), but it's part of the process.

Just checking in!

Sleeved 12/2.

SW 271 (no pre op diet)

CW 191

Officially down 80lbs! Only 20lbs to my initial goal of a 100lb lost (171lbs).

Also have taken up running and run 3+ miles 3x a week, in addition to yoga and still trying out new classes at the gym. I am doing my first 5k race in a week and a half.

Just thrilled with the results of my surgery! Yes I have stalled (the infamous 2-3 week was hard and just came out of one that started at 4mos and lasted a couple of weeks), but it's part of the process.

-----

Wow very fast loss!! I'm down about 60 from vsg hernia repair on 121213

Down 83 from highest last year of 260 -- sitting pretty at 177 this morning

Just checking in!<br><br> Sleeved 12/2.<br><br> SW 271 (no pre op diet)<br> CW 191<br><br> Officially down 80lbs! Only 20lbs to my initial goal of a 100lb lost (171lbs).<br><br> Also have taken up running and run 3+ miles 3x a week, in addition to yoga and still trying out new classes at the gym. I am doing my first 5k race in a week and a half.<br><br> Just thrilled with the results of my surgery! Yes I have stalled (the infamous 2-3 week was hard and just came out of one that started at 4mos and lasted a couple of weeks), but it's part of the process.

Congrats!! I'm also down 80lbs since surgery on 12-09!! So exciting!! The only problem is WANTING TO BUY EVERYTHING!!! I bought a BIKINI for the summer. It's one of those retro high waisted ones, glad they came back in style because it hides the scars from surgery! :) last time I had a bikini was in grade five, twenty years ago!!

Good luck to you!!

Hi all, just checking back in. I hit my first major goal yesterday, 100 pounds lost!! I started my journey last April so it took me one year to lose the 100 pounds. I've lost about 58 since surgery on 12-16-13.

Went on a major shopping spree this weekend & almost cried in the dressing room when I was able to actually wear "normal" clothes (16) from a "normal" store!!!

When I look up the healthy weight for our height it is 140s to 160s which I think is too low. I would look ill.

When I look up the healthy weight for our height it is 140s to 160s which I think is too low. I would look ill.