Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Yes, I chew sugar free gum. I've had no problems.

I guess it's a good problem to have, but I have to go to a wedding and none of my old suits fit me. They are way too big. I hope I don't look too foolish!

SW 248

CW 194

Had a bad week only 1 lb but Aunt Flo is visiting so I am sure I will show more loss when she goes home:-). Everyone congrats on your accomplishments this far! Geaux us, we got this!!!

I've been screwing up... Bad! I'm not making great choices, not meeting my Protein requirements and I haven't been to the gym in three weeks. I see so many of my bad habits creeping back and my weight loss has stalled for two weeks because of it.

I guess I just wanted to confess as I know this is all part of the journey. I signed myself up for a 5k mud run in September. I'm hoping it will encourage me to get my butt back in the gym and start making healthier food choices.

Has anyone been back to visit their psych since surgery? I was thinking of scheduling an appointment to help me work through the messed up relationship I have with food. I know the sleeve will only get me so far and if I really want to be healthy and happy, it's going to take a lot of hard work and a new outlook on nutrition.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope you all are doing well. xxxooo

Mary

I've been screwing up... Bad! I'm not making great choices, not meeting my Protein requirements and I haven't been to the gym in three weeks. I see so many of my bad habits creeping back and my weight loss has stalled for two weeks because of it.

I guess I just wanted to confess as I know this is all part of the journey. I signed myself up for a 5k mud run in September. I'm hoping it will encourage me to get my butt back in the gym and start making healthier food choices.

Has anyone been back to visit their psych since surgery? I was thinking of scheduling an appointment to help me work through the messed up relationship I have with food. I know the sleeve will only get me so far and if I really want to be healthy and happy, it's going to take a lot of hard work and a new outlook on nutrition.

Mary

I decided to schedule my first appointment in December. Took till March to get an appointment. Not just for food issues but the issues that compel me to comfort myself with food, and lots more.

I think it can be helpful to see a therapist, as many of us who have come to the point of surgery experienced some type of disordered eating. Heck, therapy can help everyone potentially, whatever they have going on.

Mary

I decided to schedule my first appointment in December. Took till March to get an appointment. Not just for food issues but the issues that compel me to comfort myself with food, and lots more.

I think it can be helpful to see a therapist, as many of us who have come to the point of surgery experienced some type of disordered eating. Heck, therapy can help everyone potentially, whatever they have going on.

I completely agree. Therapy can do wonders. I really hope you can get to therapy of some sort soon. But in the meantime, don't be too hard on yourself. Thinking of ya and wishing you the best!! :)

I've been screwing up... Bad! I'm not making great choices, not meeting my Protein requirements and I haven't been to the gym in three weeks. I see so many of my bad habits creeping back and my weight loss has stalled for two weeks because of it. I guess I just wanted to confess as I know this is all part of the journey. I signed myself up for a 5k mud run in September. I'm hoping it will encourage me to get my butt back in the gym and start making healthier food choices. Has anyone been back to visit their psych since surgery? I was thinking of scheduling an appointment to help me work through the messed up relationship I have with food. I know the sleeve will only get me so far and if I really want to be healthy and happy, it's going to take a lot of hard work and a new outlook on nutrition. Thanks for letting me vent. Hope you all are doing well. xxxooo Mary

I've been seeing my therapist for about a year, before and after surgery, and it's been a great help through my weight loss journey. I owe a lot of my success to Regina for helping me through all the reasons I have been addicted to food. I really hope you find a good therapist to help you also get to the root of your addiction so you can be successful in your journey. Bless you Mary you've done a great job. Put on your little girl panties Lol and finish this journey. You can do this

I had surgery December 27, 2013 - HW 330, SW 280, CW 224. I have no regrets.

Edited by richardine123

I had surgery on 12.12.13. My HW was 300 SW: 280 CW:232 ish (I weigh myself on Saturdays and didn't get a chance to this past Saturday so I'm waiting till this Saturday) I also have no regrets. I'm pretty happy. I'm looking forward to being on the other side of this process though. I know that I will have to be diligent forever. But I'm looking forward to the final number and the ability to move around the way that I would like. Running jumping etc. I'm doing an obstacle course next year and am looking forward to the training. Lastly I'm looking forward to completing my body overall--- I have some cosmetic stuff that I have to take care of. New breasts, new stomach, thighs and arms. Maybe even a new tushie. :-)

I want it all!

So-- yay you for going to the gym in the first place. Focus on the positive, you've got some lovely spring weather, and now's the time to take a walk around the block!

I've been having trouble getting all my Protein and liquids in, so I feel for you. It really is a challenge.

I've been screwing up... Bad! I'm not making great choices, not meeting my protein requirements and I haven't been to the gym in three weeks. I see so many of my bad habits creeping back and my weight loss has stalled for two weeks because of it.

Mary

I'm glad it's spring, because I was getting tired of wanting warm food that got cold before it was finished!

I did figure out five days worth of easy, mostly cold, fairly compliant dinners I can make. We're into week three of that, and doing okay. And when I say easy:

lunch meat and bell peppers

chicken and broccoli slaw

Canned tuna and canned artichokes with lemon and mayo

Crab cakes (frozen) and smashed cauliflower

salad from the farmer's market

I got crackers so my husband could have something carby, but lucky for me, he's pretty laid back about meals.

Please feel free to add me as a friend on MFP under Mich129 :) the more friends, the more support!

Thanks!

While I'm doing well, I have also noticed a tendancy to fall back old habits. I joined a gym and started going just walking on the treadmill for now. (I know I need more) I don't know what I'm doing and can't afford a trainer at the moment. Anyway I sort of stopped going. I find myself eating candy--which is not something I did before WLS. We're about 4 months in at this point and I think it gets harder from here. Point is to not give up. For me this was my last chance at living longer, better and healthier. We made a huge decision and have taken a big step towards life change. Now is not the time to go backwards!

Surgery 12/23. Had some postop fatigue for 5 weeks but resolved. Getting in all my Protein, Water and Vitamins but now having another round of fatigue. Drs. Office was no help. What's going on?

So sorry to hear fatigue has kicked back in on you. I have had tremendous fatigue as well and it comes and goes. Although it sounds counterintuitive, I find that when I start my day with some exercise, it keeps the tiredness at bay. Sometimes I am not able to do as much as other days but I get something done and it helps.

I have also been amazed at how dehydration affects me. Make sure you are getting in all of your water--- super important.

Hang in there!