Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Yay!!! A good day for me... I took a jump and now down big 50!! My next goal is to join the onelanders...Good luck to everybody...I really enjoy all of your posts and have learned so much from all of you.Thank you Thank you....CHARGE....We can do this!!!!!

The scale was kind to me this morning, indicating that I'm now down 80 pounds since my pre-op diet. I'm determined to go all the way to my goal!!

Edited by Andrew0929

I went through a huge stall where I lost and gained the same two pounds. I finally broke it two days ago!!! I think my trick was upping my calories to around 1000. I work out pretty vigorously 5-6 times a week and my NUT said to try it and it worked!!!!

HW 320 12/3

SW 313 12/17

CW 274.3

My losses are SO SLOW!!! I need some tips...

Caligirl....Make sure you are drinking all your Water (64oz) getting enough protien 60-80 Gr. Vit. and exersize...I think around 600-800 calories a day,depending on the amount of exersize you are doing...But keep in mind that we all lose at different rates. Keep doing the program and congrat's on losing 23 pounds!!

Am I the only one bring told to stay under 500 calories and 15 carbs a day? I'm being told to stay at that level until I lose 75% of my excess weight (which would be 100lbs. Since 12/16 I've lost 35)

It seems like my losses have slowed since I've upped my exercise. I had a meeting with the clinic's dietician yesterday and expressed my concern and she just said, well, your body really doesn't need more than 500 calories/15 carbs a day because you're still so heavy. Uh, thanks. I dunno, I just kind of have a bad taste in my mouth about the whole aftercare program.

If I drink too much liquid with my meal.., yes! I have to slowly sip Water with meals unless I feel sick

Wanted to ask the group before calling my Doc...<br><br> Do you feel very uncomfortable after eating for about 30-45 minutes? I usually feel like my food is stuck in my esophagus and it would be very easy for me to vomit if I weren't laying down and being very still.<br><br> I haven't increased my food intake recently nor do I believe I am eating too quickly. I do however have an awful habit of drinking while eating which I'm trying to break but is so second nature I have to remove all fluids from my reach.<br><br> Any feedback is appreciated!

Am I the only one bring told to stay under 500 calories and 15 carbs a day? I'm being told to stay at that level until I lose 75% of my excess weight (which would be 100lbs. Since 12/16 I've lost 35)<br><br> It seems like my losses have slowed since I've upped my exercise. I had a meeting with the clinic's dietician yesterday and expressed my concern and she just said, well, your body really doesn't need more than 500 calories/15 carbs a day because you're still so heavy. Uh, thanks. I dunno, I just kind of have a bad taste in my mouth about the whole aftercare program.

I think that I would pass out if I only ate that much and my surgery was the day after yours. I would definitely get a second opinion. I'm at 800 calories the days I don't work out and 1000 the days I do. If I work out and don't eat any carbs I get lightheaded and have massive headaches after. I try to stay around 40 carbs, 80 Protein and 40 fat. I hit one stall for a week but now that I've upped the calories (was doing 700 a day) I have started to lose again.

Duplicate.

Edited by Kiap82

Am I the only one bring told to stay under 500 calories and 15 carbs a day? I'm being told to stay at that level until I lose 75% of my excess weight (which would be 100lbs. Since 12/16 I've lost 35) It seems like my losses have slowed since I've upped my exercise. I had a meeting with the clinic's dietician yesterday and expressed my concern and she just said, well, your body really doesn't need more than 500 calories/15 carbs a day because you're still so heavy. Uh, thanks. I dunno, I just kind of have a bad taste in my mouth about the whole aftercare program.

I'm honestly stunned at that suggestion. 500 calories seems very unreasonable, and I would think it would put your body in starvation mode.

I am usually between 700-800 a day...but honestly am literally gasping at that.

Am I the only one bring told to stay under 500 calories and 15 carbs a day? I'm being told to stay at that level until I lose 75% of my excess weight (which would be 100lbs. Since 12/16 I've lost 35)

It seems like my losses have slowed since I've upped my exercise. I had a meeting with the clinic's dietician yesterday and expressed my concern and she just said, well, your body really doesn't need more than 500 calories/15 carbs a day because you're still so heavy. Uh, thanks. I dunno, I just kind of have a bad taste in my mouth about the whole aftercare program.

That advice does sound questionable.

About 6 weeks post op, my nut told me to increase my calories to 800/day and then try to increase to 1000/day in a few weeks. I rarely get to 800/day and average about 650 - 700. It's mainly because at 9 weeks out I still can't eat more then 2 oz in one sitting. I'm actually trying to get more calories in but am having trouble. I still can't believe it. Seems like just yesterday when I was eating like a horse.

Edited by Andrew0929

I am just feeling a bit frustrated. She also said every meal should contain no more than 5g of carbs. I actually got lectured for eating a yogurt that is 80 calories, 12 g of Protein, 0 gr of fat - all because it has 8 gr of carbs. Mind you, on days I eat that I'm still not hitting 15g of carbs for the day. Plus, we are to eat 3 meals a day - no snacking.

I also mentioned I am not happy that I am becoming fairly dependent on Miralax. I suggested part of the issue is that I'm getting pretty much no Fiber in. She said no, it's not because lack of fiber, it is because my Water consumption isn't enough. Mind you - I get in 80+ oz a day.

I'm just so frustrated. I feel like they are so hellbent on us reaching this "magical" 75% excess weight loss number that the patient's ultimate well being is an afterthought

I am just feeling a bit frustrated. She also said every meal should contain no more than 5g of carbs. I actually got lectured for eating a yogurt that is 80 calories, 12 g of Protein, 0 gr of fat - all because it has 8 gr of carbs. Mind you, on days I eat that I'm still not hitting 15g of carbs for the day. Plus, we are to eat 3 meals a day - no snacking.

I also mentioned I am not happy that I am becoming fairly dependent on Miralax. I suggested part of the issue is that I'm getting pretty much no fiber in. She said no, it's not because lack of fiber, it is because my Water consumption isn't enough. Mind you - I get in 80+ oz a day.

I'm just so frustrated. I feel like they are so hellbent on us reaching this "magical" 75% excess weight loss number that the patient's ultimate well being is an afterthought

I can understand you feeling frustrated. I'm not quite sure what your NUT is smoking...but it's obviously affecting her thinking...it's absolutely INSANE to have those kinds of restrictions on your meals for the day....they have pounded in my head time after time 3 meals, and one to two Snacks a day. I know the yogurt you are using...I use that as well, and that is probably the best yogurt you can get.

You absolutely HAVE to get fiber into your diet...water will NOT do it....I'm not a NUT, but I'm also not an idiot...you have to have fiber. I use Benefiber in my Protein Shakes in the morning, I also take Fiber gummies, and I love my Quest bars (they have 17-18 grams of fiber in them.

Is it possible to switch to a different NUT? I honestly feel like you are not being given the correct (or safe) information. If you can, I would recommend that you give that some thought.

I'm so sorry you are going through this...it feels SO wrong on so many levels.

There is another NUT but I doubt she will vary much - this is the standard for the clinic and is outlined in the aftercare manual. I am really tempted to do some research and find another WLS doc/clilnic's aftercare suggestions and try following those and see what that does for my weight loss. I understand staying low carb - but going excessively low carb and staying in ketosis for what could easily be a year just does not seem like it can be healthy. What happens when I do start eating carbs?

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

There is another NUT but I doubt she will vary much - this is the standard for the clinic and is outlined in the aftercare manual. I am really tempted to do some research and find another WLS doc/clilnic's aftercare suggestions and try following those and see what that does for my weight loss. I understand staying low carb - but going excessively low carb and staying in ketosis for what could easily be a year just does not seem like it can be healthy. What happens when I do start eating carbs? Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Hopefully something good will happen...seeking another WLS clinic might be the safest route for you.

Best wishes to you and please keep us informed. :)