Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

That's for the great ideas! Vodka and Water it is! I'll just stash a mio or crystal light in my purse and no one will be the wiser. ;) Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!

Got those days at work - might need to check that out lol

Hi All:

I've subscribed to a fellow sleever's youtube series of videos and have enjoyed hearing from her and thought I would share her link with you all.

This link is from about week 21, but she has been posting since she had surgery.

Her youtube screen name is 1 Gorgeous Godzilla. She posts a new video almost every week. She has been through the ups and downs that we all talk about and has such a positive spirit that I thought that some of you might enjoy her videos too.

BTW I've been in a stall for almost two weeks now, didn't think it would upset me, but its starting to get me down. I know it will pass.... but I wish it would pass soon! I am eating what I am supposed to and I just wish my body would cooperate!

I started going to the gym this week. Swam laps for 20 mins. today - I'm sore!

She's a member here. :)

Andrew0929:

Have you tried the Gummy Fiber chews to help with Constipation? My physician's assistant recommended them when I was constipated. I chew two gummies a day and have not had any more problems. I got the chews at Walmart so they must have them everywhere.

The PA said that many people who previously did not need to add fiber now do because our diet is lacking it.

I average about 40 per day but that's just because all I ever eat is Protein. My nut said not to worry about it too much because I need the energy for my work outs. She told me not to let the carbs get above the protein so I wouldn't eat more than 80 since that's how much protein I eat daily.

Thank you for the insight, I need to get my carbs down.

About 20-35 g carbs a day. I'm on soft foods now. When I was at the end of the liquid phase, I snapped and had potato Soup. THAT was high carb! I did have some Fritos and queso for the Super Bowl, but even that was under 50 carbs.

Thank you for responding, I need to get my carbs down.

Wearing my first pair of jeans since before my son's were born!! They are almost 6 years old. Kind of exciting!!

Yippieeeee, that too is one of my main goals, hence my name. Its been 14 yrs for me so I'm still waiting, scared to buy any now but guess I can go thrifting to try some sizes on. Anyways, proud for u:)

Andrew0929: Have you tried the Gummy fiber chews to help with Constipation? My physician's assistant recommended them when I was constipated. I chew two gummies a day and have not had any more problems. I got the chews at Walmart so they must have them everywhere. The PA said that many people who previously did not need to add fiber now do because our diet is lacking it.

Cabstewart,

I've not heard of gummy fiber chews but will certainly try them. Thanks for the info ...

Andrew

I used to love my gummy vitamins. Can we have expansive fiber like psyllium? I could add it to my pine Protein Shake I have been doing a day. I'm still losing weight but not as much as I would like and I have had problems with Constipation. I've recently added some toasted soybeans to my diet with my lunch and it seems to be helping. Wish I didn't have to pay separately to see the nutritionist.

Andrew0929: Have you tried the Gummy fiber chews to help with Constipation? My physician's assistant recommended them when I was constipated. I chew two gummies a day and have not had any more problems. I got the chews at Walmart so they must have them everywhere. The PA said that many people who previously did not need to add fiber now do because our diet is lacking it.

Cabstewart,

I've not heard of gummy fiber chews but will certainly try them. Thanks for the info ...

Andrew

These are the fiber gummies I use: http://www.nnpvitamins.com/vitafusion-fiber/

You can get them at, pretty much, any store that I know of (I order mine from Amazon). I hate to admit that I love to take my fiber because they taste SOOOOOOOOO good. It's like my 'candy' (although I do only take the recommended dosage). :)

I used to love my gummy vitamins. Can we have expansive fiber like psyllium? I could add it to my pine Protein Shake I have been doing a day. I'm still losing weight but not as much as I would like and I have had problems with Constipation. I've recently added some toasted soybeans to my diet with my lunch and it seems to be helping. Wish I didn't have to pay separately to see the nutritionist.

I do add Benefiber to my Protein Shakes as well. I'm not sure about Metamucil brand, but they do specifically state Benefiber brand (which is a different kind of fiber) in my WLS book that I received at the program.

Wearing my first pair of jeans since before my son's were born!! They are almost 6 years old. Kind of exciting!!

Yippieeeee, that too is one of my main goals, hence my name. Its been 14 yrs for me so I'm still waiting, scared to buy any now but guess I can go thrifting to try some sizes on. Anyways, proud for u:)

Deezjeenz - you and I are almost the same as in starting and where we are now - looks like same height as well, even though I had my surgery 2 weeks before you - I figured I would share with you how my jeans are fitting.

My 18 jeans are really way to large, the 16's are fitting quite nicely, not too tight and not too loose. They are the Old Navy Sweatheart cut so for someone with a little more curves. I have not wore these jeans in 2-3 years, glad I am back in them, and they fit much better than before because they are loose in the right places!

Yay for you! Congrats way exciting. Keep rocking your jeans;o)

My dear friends, this morning I kept my legs crossed for the longest time while sitting at work...JUST BECAUSE I CAN. Hahaha. (grin). Where else could I say this but this great forum? I know you all get it. ((hugs))

Ha ha love this! You go girl. What a great victory along this journey!!!

Hi every one.

As we are all in or approaching our 2 month sleeve anniversary, I hope you all are doing wonderfully. Thank you for all the great posts. They are so helpful to me and often make me smile.

Wondering if anyone has come across any great items to add to our much needed Protein intake. Enjoying my Premier Protein shakes, lean meats and Beans.

Always wanting more ideas to add into my diet.

Thank you so much in advance

Congratulations to you all ;o)