Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

My birthday is coming up and I've been scouring the internet for low calorie, non carbonated alcoholic drinks. So far, it appears there are several low cal vodkas available, I'm just having trouble finding mixers. I've read clamato is healthy and low cal but is just sounds disgusting. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. And yes, my Dr. has said it's okay to have an adult beverage on special occasions as long as I track it into my daily calorie intake.

BTW you Look great. Congrats. Answer to you question have you tried using any of the yummy crystal lite drink mixes like mango pineapple, lemonaid, cherry etc. Vodka really mixes with anything as it really doesn't have much of a taste and clamato make a really good Bloody Mary. You could make a fresh fruit smoothie using berries instead of citrus. Wow lots of possibilities.

My birthday is coming up and I've been scouring the internet for low calorie, non carbonated alcoholic drinks. So far, it appears there are several low cal vodkas available, I'm just having trouble finding mixers. I've read clamato is healthy and low cal but is just sounds disgusting. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. And yes, my Dr. has said it's okay to have an adult beverage on special occasions as long as I track it into my daily calorie intake.

Vodka & Water, squirt in your favorite mio flavor.

Vodka & Water, squirt in your favorite mio flavor.

Diet cranberry juice has 5 calories per cup. Great with vodka.

Crystal Light makes margarita, appletini and mojito flavors. Those would be great mixers.

My favorite mixed drink is a Vodka Collins and they make sugar free Collins mix!

I don't want any one to get upset by this...I just find it ironic that you guys are giving suggestions about ways to Celebrate an upcoming birthday drink and my next "birthday" I'll be celebrating its my sober 17th birthday in a few weeks...lol. I find it funny. I wad thinking and how do I celebrate mine....lol

Well Almost Happy B-day and u njoy it :) I don't drink so I have no ideas but wanted to wish u happy b-day! ! And keep up the gr8 wl results.

I don't want any one to get upset by this...I just find it ironic that you guys are giving suggestions about ways to Celebrate an upcoming birthday drink and my next "birthday" I'll be celebrating its my sober 17th birthday in a few weeks...lol. I find it funny. I wad thinking and how do I celebrate mine....lol

Well a huge congrats on being sober. You can get yourself a new outfit, makeover, go to movies, whatever it is that brings u joy, celebrate with it that day. We have a gr8 group here, no one's gonna get mad, we celebrate victories of any kind and help when we feel defeated. And Lord knows we talk about everything and we all still friends:))) God bless and take it one-day at a time. Happy 17th yr sober.

Congrats on your sobriety!! I'm not one for drinking at all. Never really have been. I think in my twenties I was intoxicated maybe 8 times (all weddings and special occasions). Some of my friends drink and when we go out I'm always the DD. I never felt left out and always had more cash than them! Lol. Once in a while for a treat I would order a virgin daiquiri. But they're expensive. Maybe celebrate by getting a hair cut or a spa day. Pamper yourself! :)

That's for the great ideas! Vodka and Water it is! I'll just stash a mio or crystal light in my purse and no one will be the wiser. ;)

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!!

Hi All:

I've subscribed to a fellow sleever's youtube series of videos and have enjoyed hearing from her and thought I would share her link with you all.

This link is from about week 21, but she has been posting since she had surgery.

Her youtube screen name is 1 Gorgeous Godzilla. She posts a new video almost every week. She has been through the ups and downs that we all talk about and has such a positive spirit that I thought that some of you might enjoy her videos too.

BTW I've been in a stall for almost two weeks now, didn't think it would upset me, but its starting to get me down. I know it will pass.... but I wish it would pass soon! I am eating what I am supposed to and I just wish my body would cooperate!

I started going to the gym this week. Swam laps for 20 mins. today - I'm sore!

Edited by cabstewart

YAY..... SEAHAWKS!!! I just had to say that.

<p><strong><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:18px;">YAY..... SEAHAWKS!!! I just had to say that.</span></span></strong></p>

Same here!!! I live I. Denver but was born and raised in Seattle. Couldn't be happier even though the whole town is depressed!!

<p><strong><span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;"><span style="font-size:18px;">YAY..... SEAHAWKS!!! I just had to say that.</span></span></strong></p>

Same here!!! I live I. Denver but was born and raised in Seattle. Couldn't be happier even though the whole town is depressed!!