Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I had my 6 week check up today, although it is really 5 weeks out for me. They were very happy with my progress and my progression in diet. I am pretty much eating regular foods believe it or not....much smaller portions obviously! I am feeling really good. All restrictions were removed, so I can get my butt in the gym! I am super excited!!!

<p>I had my 6 week check up today, although it is really 5 weeks out for me. They were very happy with my progress and my progression in diet. I am pretty much eating regular foods believe it or not....much smaller portions obviously! I am feeling really good. All restrictions were removed, so I can get my butt in the gym! I am super excited!!!</p>

Awesome! Yes I've been going to the gym for about ten days now. Not running, just walking on an incline and toning my arms. It's so nice! Good for you!! :)

One thing is, I was told not to do abs for a few more weeks just to ensure I don't tear any healing muscles!

I just had my first NSV....We had a death in the family, so I had to go shopping for something to wear to the Funeral. Before surgery I was a size 22/24. The dress I just bought was a size 16!!!!!!

Yes..2014 is our year! :) congrats! What date were you sleeved? What was your starting weight?

My starting weight was 234, I was sleeved December 9th

Cool I was also sleeved dec 9th weighing 230!

Yes..2014 is our year! :) congrats! What date were you sleeved? What was your starting weight?

cool, my surgery was dec 9th weighing 230 also

I just had my first NSV....We had a death in the family, so I had to go shopping for something to wear to the Funeral. Before surgery I was a size 22/24. The dress I just bought was a size 16!!!!!!

Sorry for us loss. And congrats on that amazn NSV, but surely w that big drop in sizes, the scale has got to b Makn u a happy camper as well:)))

Sorry for us loss. And congrats on that amazn NSV, but surely w that big drop in sizes, the scale has got to b Makn u a happy camper as well:)))

My sincerest condolences and congratulations on your new dress size proud of you

I was having a lot of pain today but it was the first time since surgery I have had my period and I'm very constipated so I wasn't sure if it was just or if something was wrong. So I decided to go to the hospital and run some tests which I'm very happy I did. Nothing was wrong thank goodness but I got my surgery in Mexico and haven't seen a doctor in the states or anything since. It was a great feeling to have complete tests done and know for sure everything is healing really well and nothing is wrong. Now I can continue on confidently until I find a doctor here to continue with. I'm so glad I went! And that everything is fine. They also gave me lots of medicine for everything so things should run smoothly from here on out. Hope all of y'all are doing well!

I was having a lot of pain today but it was the first time since surgery I have had my period and I'm very constipated so I wasn't sure if it was just or if something was wrong. So I decided to go to the hospital and run some tests which I'm very happy I did. Nothing was wrong thank goodness but I got my surgery in Mexico and haven't seen a doctor in the states or anything since. It was a great feeling to have complete tests done and know for sure everything is healing really well and nothing is wrong. Now I can continue on confidently until I find a doctor here to continue with. I'm so glad I went! And that everything is fine. They also gave me lots of medicine for everything so things should run smoothly from here on out. Hope all of y'all are doing well!

Glad you checked out okay, and hope you find a local doctor for follow up stuff soon. It's no fun, having to worry about stuff like that!

I had my 3-4 wk follow up today. They're happy with my progress, but I need to work harder on getting my fluids and Protein in. Sigh.

Glad you went in! Peace of mind is huge!!!

I am about to have that lovley time as well. First time since surgery. I can report Water retention is just the same lol. I month post-op today, and feeling incredibly blessed to be doing so good.

Thanks to you all for the great topics and support!!!

Thanx! I did feel so much better afterwards. I definitely need to work on my Water and Protein intake as well. Glad your water retention is getting back to normal! I feel like mine is off balance still but I'm making progress in every area each day. One month out so happy for you! Didn't think I'd be feeling so good after a month but I am and I hope you are too :)

Hello All....SabrinaMarie I too am kinda in the dark about the after surgery process. I don't have a NUT or any after surgery instructions for after the first 4 weeks. I am doing the bouncing around on the scale 1 pound or 2 and have not lost anything for awhile. My question to everyone is: Do you include the calories from your Protein Shakes into your daily calories and how many calories should I be having each day? My Protein shakes are about 280 calories, for 60 gr protein. I have been eating lots of chicken breast and cooked veg's. Yogurt,and chicken soup.I kinda feel afraid to eat other foods. Because I think I won't lose weight if I do...I walk just about every day and going to the gym starting Mon. Congrat's to everybody on doing so well.

Hi Cindy,

I'm no expert but I've seen several times in the boards that our bodies cannot process more than 30 g of Protein at a time, so you may want to split up that shake into 2 servings.

Yes, the calories in shakes counts towards your daily caloric intake. On my plan, anything without caffeine counts towards your Fluid intake so the shake counts towards your fluid goal. Fluids should be at least 64 ounces a day. In my plan, we are supposed to aim for 600-800 calories a day.

Hope that helps some!

How are all the December band to sleeve revision doing?

I'm overjoyed to no longer have food get "stuck"'and the constant vomiting...although I'm slowly moving along with the weight lost, in the end totally worth it.