Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Jess - it may look "silly" but I believe this does the trick for me...I bought a disposable water bottle with a holster to it that goes over my shoulder ... like a "across the shoulder purse" if that makes sense. Then all day long my Water bottle is with me and I drink sips all day long I started noticing how much more water I am drinking now and the difference it makes to my body...I was also sleeved on the 16th and could not live without this nerdy look ... I go out to run errands, trusty water bottle is by my side in its little "purse". At work, trusty water bottle is mu constant companion and so forth. Hope this helps.

Keep on drinking your water!

Hey Brazilian! Where did you buy your Water 'holster'?

Alright December Sleevers, I'm hoping that this title brings more people in so we can follow and encourage each other through our journeys.

I am 40. I'm 5'4" and about 308 right now. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI which would be around 145. I'm hoping for a December 4th or 5th date with Dr. William Johnson.

Everyone introduce yourselves!

So far as of 11/02/13

Dec 02 Krysta03

Dec 02 gaslimgal

Dec 02 jess9395

Dec 02 Annadette

Dec 02 sookie

Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie

Dec 02 doopa

Dec 02 Jerzygurl

Dec 03 Tasha420

Dec 03 SouthernCharm

Dec 03 redilla42

Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014

Dec 03 Sinderelly

Dec 03 missmee

Dec 03 Browneyedgurl

Dec 04 L-in-NJ

Dec 04 Healthbound

Dec 04 Katdrox

Dec 05 Blondiee

Dec 05 Lioness813

Dec 06 kyholder

Dec 06 harleychic

Dec 09 De-jo

Dec 09 AshleyMidwife

Dec 09 Sweettart702

Dec 09 MShell

Dec 09 Carlotta

Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime

Dec 11 liciamarie

Dec 11 KaminaBlue

Dec 11 Only1likeme

Dec 11 soul2bleed

Dec 11 Volfan

Dec 11 dencob1

Dec 11 MnWin

Dec 11 onedaycloser

Dec 11 Scraglycat

Dec 12 amills

Dec 12 kellymoon

Dec 12 honeylove

Dec 13 Mommie4

Dec 13 amduc (and husband!)

Dec 13 Under1star

Dec 14 Sleevin It

Dec 16 slvrsax

Dec 16 elhudge

Dec 16 Mfs

Dec 16 MGR1852

Dec 17 Shelly70

Dec 17 Serenah

Dec 17 ginnie290

Dec 18 Sns513

Dec 18 Nona337am

Dec 18 gemgirl

Dec 18 mija1980

Dec 18 Teachamy

Dec 26 ReEstDec2013

Dec 27 Carmen1963

Dec 30 elsnanny

No date yet:

AtlantaRed

beansmomma

HoustonTexanFan

AngiD

fpmr96a

SueRN

Simpley_ke

Vixey

macman

MonisNatural

fmpr96a

Tarheel79

SeniorMoment

Coachk

kan7525

caligirl3

Besleeve It

Hi, love this idea & sign me up! My VSG date is 12-26-13. Almost 3 weeks out and doing great. So thankful for the great support and people I have come across on this forum. Look forward to getting to know you all!

Hello, I was sleeved on Dec. 19th, I have been reading all your posts and they are so helpful- thanks! I am down 22 lbs since I started this journey (that includes my preop stage). Can you please add me to your group, everyone keep up the good work!

Hi everyone! I am a pre-k teacher in an inner city district. I was sleeved Dec 9th. I went back to work right after New Years Eve. Well this week I got a new student and he is a e concerned handful! My problem is I am exhausted by the time I get out of work. I am getting about 48oz of Water in, eating soft foods but don't tolerate as much as I am suppose to and get my B12, multi and Iron in but can't seem to get my Calcium with D in. Am I just this tired from the surgery still? Should I be concerned? Haven't even worked out since I went back to work!

Hi everyone! I am a pre-k teacher in an inner city district. I was sleeved Dec 9th. I went back to work right after New Years Eve. Well this week I got a new student and he is a e concerned handful! My problem is I am exhausted by the time I get out of work. I am getting about 48oz of Water in, eating soft foods but don't tolerate as much as I am suppose to and get my B12, multi and Iron in but can't seem to get my Calcium with D in. Am I just this tired from the surgery still? Should I be concerned? Haven't even worked out since I went back to work!

---//

I'm always tired at 5 weeks out and I take all the same Vitamins plus calcium -- I start back to work on jan 24. Been out since dec11. I've had bouts with dehydration Constipation diarrhea dangerously heavy menses dizzyness/lightheaded and hernia repair pain since surgery. I'm averaging about 400 calories on a good day cause I'm nervous about trying new soft solids due to hernia. It's getting better but it's a slow recovery for me

I thinks it's normal to be tired especially after a workday -- just try hard to stay hydrated and get enough Protein / I only walk no gym activities yet cause I just am not getting enough nutrients in my opinion

Many people still complain of fatigue at over 3 or 4 months out

Good luck!

Sleeved December 18th 2013. .5'5 starting weight 260..stepped on the scale this morning and showed 225 yeyyy...wow..super excited :) started working out Monday and I feel better :)

Thanks for all the ideas for getting more liquids in! I downloaded an interval timer on my phone and have had it on at work today. I've done much better today!

I also like the idea of the Water holster! Please tell us where you got it.

I was sleeved on Dec 19th.

Sorry guys took so long to reply ... I found mine in ebay - just an over the shoulder strap and a connector to the bottle. You can find them at Etsy, Ebay, emergency preparedness stores, hiking/outdoor suppliers.

It has really helped me.

Keep in keeping on Decembers! We've got this!

So I was sleeved on Dec 9th. I am down 32 lbs but I have been stalled for 2 wks. Although I know its normal, it is so frustrating. For those of you who have been stalled how long did it take before you start losing weight again?

So I was sleeved on Dec 9th. I am down 32 lbs but I have been stalled for 2 wks. Although I know its normal, it is so frustrating. For those of you who have been stalled how long did it take before you start losing weight again?

My stall lasted about 12 days (I think), then lost a little bit, then stalled for a few days. I read someone on other forum who was on day 20 of their stall.

Try to remember you can't fail with this tool...keep doing the right things and eventually the scale will move again.

Also, I am doing a challenge to stay off the scale this entire weekend. No weighing in today or tomorrow. I think the everyday weighing is just doing me in.

My stall lasted about 12 days (I think), then lost a little bit, then stalled for a few days. I read someone on other forum who was on day 20 of their stall.

Try to remember you can't fail with this tool...keep doing the right things and eventually the scale will move again.

Also, I am doing a challenge to stay off the scale this entire weekend. No weighing in today or tomorrow. I think the everyday weighing is just doing me in.

That's what I really need to do is stay off the scales, but man its hard. It's hard to believe that you could never hardly ever get me on a weight scale and now you can't hardly get me off of it lol. Thank you so much for the encouragement, I really needed it today.

My stall I think also lasted 12 days from week 2 after my follow up, gained nearly 2 pds, but have started losing slowly, but averaging 3-4 pds each week since.

I am trying to weigh on Fridays for valentine challenge and again and officially on Sundays with my measurements and for pounds list December board.

I'm enjoying how every1 is still encouraging each other on this journey, esp threw these stalls that are inevitable. I think, at 19 days out, I may b heading for my first stall. Was weighed at my first post and will weigh tomorr for the lbs loss board but so far, same weight, up n down same lb. Will officially weigh tomorrow, Lord willing, post then change or not but bc of u all b4 me, I'm not panicked one bit, just gonna embrace it n move onward! Like som1 said, this tool IS GOING TO WORK NO MATTER WHAT, so with that assurance in mind, I'm ok at this point. Second post op on Friday, so, will luk if its a true stall or just the fact that my body was adjusting to finally having food:). Gna and God Bless You!