Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

My MFP username is Sns513, would love some fellow sleeve friends!! :-)

So I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the yoyo scale? I'm down a pound for a day or two, then up a half or whole pound. The next day it usually goes back to lower than before the gain but it really depressing to see gains when I'm eating 500 calories and walking a mile. Grrrrrrrr.

If you're walking a mile a day and only taking in 500 calories, as my trainer and Nut both said, you're at a deficit and your body will react as such; up your Protein and Water, if you're working out regularly.

So I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the yoyo scale? I'm down a pound for a day or two, then up a half or whole pound. The next day it usually goes back to lower than before the gain but it really depressing to see gains when I'm eating 500 calories and walking a mile. Grrrrrrrr.

I did! For 14 days of a 'stall' the scale loved to swing between 229-232. The scale is now moving again and I am down to 225. Hang in there!!

Perfect timing! I was concerned because I started purée Saturday and this morning I was up 2 lbs. How does that happen?

My MFP username is Sns513, would love some fellow sleeve friends!! :-)

My name is April. I had my sleeve on December 17th. I'm 36 years old, 5'2", and started my journey at 335lbs. At my two week post op appt I was down to 303. My mom and I are on this adventure together. She had her sleeve a week before I did. Just wanted to say HI and maybe talk to others on this crazy ride, too.

Mine is ridiculous. I seem to be in a constant stall, then I'll lose a pound or 2, then back to stall. I'm still more than I am moving (scale). It will also go up a pound or 2, then crawl back down with ounces. I do feel I need to get a lot more Water in. I get in about 56 ounces but I don't pee very much. I think we need water to help flush out what we're losing.

I am a 30th sleever too! I know what you mean but I have found this thread to be the most helpful to me because these people are experiencing it at the same pace we are instead of remembering from years back... Good luck!

I am also a December 30th sleeves! Welcome!!

I haven't mastered myfitnesspal. Anyone who can help me figure it out would be great. Technologically challenged...lol

Update: I've been home about an hr. Was at Dr for 5 hrs. Bc of a "mis communication in my bloodwork", it delayed my results after being stuck 4x's and put on 2 bags iv Fluid. I get home, doc just called and said that my blood work A+! He thinks that my bp is responding to the decrease in calories since Dec 16, 2013 til present. He cleared me for stage wo, egg yesss and so forth. I'm eating it now w cottage chz, not bad. Tummy tolerating it well, altho a few time its feels like it wants to kinda spasm, but then relaxes and I move on. Since its been 30', ima stop eating, as per nutritionist. Wait 30-40' to drink. Thx for any prayers sent up. As of today, I've lost 27#'s, praise God. Have a gna.

i

I'm glad to hear that blood work came back good, This process isn't easy but I'm thinking we will all think it was worth it in the end.

Hope you're feeling better ...

For those having issues with my fitnesspal, and adding people... Here is the walk through as it works on my computer... Not a smartphone... Click on COMMUNITY at the top then in the blue bar there is a menu item INVITE FRIENDS click that... In the to hoc you can either enter email addresses or usernames.... So all the usernames that are on the last few threads, just add them separated by a comma.

If you are interested in sharing your diet and food, please make sure that in your settings it is not set to private, at least open it up to friends so that we can see what you are eating... For encouragement and for new ideas

Hope this helps.

Mine is ridiculous. I seem to be in a constant stall, then I'll lose a pound or 2, then back to stall. I'm still more than I am moving (scale). It will also go up a pound or 2, then crawl back down with ounces. I do feel I need to get a lot more Water in. I get in about 56 ounces but I don't pee very much. I think we need water to help flush out what we're losing.

I understand the stall and was prepared because of all of the great info here.. But why did I gain 2 lbs first?

I was prepared for a stall -- thanks to all the info available here, but why did I gain 2 lbs first?

Please add me to MFP group. User name teekay8887. Email tommiejulian@gmail.com.

Don't forget ladies, put menstrual cycle can affect our weight as well. I only weigh myself once a week to avoid the heartache. Remember, we are doing this to be healthy and not to rely on what the scale tells us to determine our happiness. I've hit a few stalls and try to stay positive about it. The weight will come off, just keep doing what you're doing. Focus on health!! :)