Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I was sleeved on dec 18th.....this is week 3 for me...What are we to eat Im hungry:(

What stage of your postop diet are you in? At 3 weeks, I was having soft foods. Some people are still on full liquids during week 3 and some are on pureed foods. That will help us give you ideas!

Ok fellow dec sleevers ... Here are my updates:

Sleeved on 16th.

Starting weight: 277

Pre op diet weight/day of surgery: 264

Weight today: 241

I am 5'11 (female) and was told to eat 80 gs of Protein a day. I have struggled to even get 50 at times ...

Thanks to those that posted a reply to my question on some Protein alternatives. I stomach unjurys protein really well and this has helped me quite a bit.

Im crushing a bunch of nutrients/vitamins still and they taste so awful that I tend to want to throw them up ... Any suggestions??

Also, keep the faith! I have seen and feel a significant weight loss already and I know all of you can do it! We are in this and we are in it for the long haul. One day at a time. When the going gets tough I just remember the sacrifice that got me (us) here and do not want it to go in vain. Here is to better healthy lifestyle filled with adventures!

I cannot stand the Bariatric Advantage multi or chewable Iron. Yuck! They are sour but not good like Sweetarts. I feel sick after having either one. I went back to my Gummy Vitamins from Walmart. I was told not to have them only because they don't have everything we need in them. I figure it's better than nothing! I even tried just cutting the chewable Iron in 2 pieces and swallowing them whole, and still didn't feel good. I'll go back to my regularly prescribed iron tablets soon.

In can do puree and soft foods. This is What i have been eating, sf pudding, sf popicles, refried Beans, cream of mushroom Soup, cottage cheese, and greek yogurt.

In can do puree and soft foods. This is What i have been eating, sf pudding, sf popicles, refried Beans, cream of mushroom Soup, cottage cheese, and greek yogurt.

My list of soft foods includes deli meat. So, I get 2 different deli meats (usually London broil roast beef and turkey) and I measure out 3 ounces for lunch and dinner. There's about 20 g of Protein in the deli meat. You can also have chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad. I'm not a fish person but I think most baked fish is "soft." I do deli meats, string cheese, unsweetened applesauce. I can even have regular chicken if it is cooked in a crock pot and very moist. Hope that helps!

Yes thanks this helps a lot.

I am on soft foods also and I eat lots of white flaky fish, tuna that I make with greek yogurt mixed with a dry ranch dressing. Also make chicken salad and egg salad with the homemade ranch. Hard boiled eggs, lunch meat and Wendy's Chili!!

I still have a Protein Shake, greek yogurt, pudding, cream Soups and Popsicles too.

Gm my sweet inspirational family:). I pray that all are doing better and that its getting easier for you:). Ty Tami J:), yall truly made me strong during my time of need as well and Ik we will remain here for each other. Ur right, who knows, we all might one-day meet, it excites me to think about it. So, I go for my postop appt on Monday, Lord willing. I can't believe its been almost a month of only drinkn:/ but thank God I'm not hungry yet, phys or mentally:). I'm rdy for my second stage though. I'm reading what u all are eating, nd yummy, I'm rdy:). Has any1 been cleared to do more than walking? Oh, I got in 64 oz of liq yesterdayyyy, praise God, and 36 g of Protein. I mixed a protein shot, punch, into my crystal lite...discusting, but I drank it w my nose plugged and that was 21g, then the 15g Atkins choc. TMI: two bowel movements, soft, bc I started the morning drinking a whole choc protein, n then came the rest. So no Constipation. Did the same this morning, same results. So it may b worth a try for those havn trouble w constipation. Well, I look forward to reading ur post and helping out as I can, n Ty all for your help and encouragement:). Be blessed today as well as being a blessing:))))

So today I am 4 weeks out. I am down 32 pounds however that also includes the 2 week preop. I am just a tiny bit disappointed but I know it will come off and 32 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I've gone from a BMI of 52.2 to a BMI of 47.5 and have lost 19% of my weight. I was going to check my measurements but decided it would be easier to do it on the 13 of each month rather than every 4 weeks.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hello! I was sleeved December 9 and just saw this thread! I'm 30, 5'4" and started out at 245lbs. With my pre-op diet I lost 9lbs and since surgery I've lost a total of 36! :) I'll soon be in ONEDERLAND and looking forward to it! Being almost 5 weeks out I'm experimenting with some foods but really wanna have a salad. Do you think that my tummy is ready?

Hello...sleeved December 18th 5'5 starting weight 260..down 25lbs :) I have the green light to start working out..no weights for another 3 weeks..I can wait to get to onederland

So today I am 4 weeks out. I am down 32 pounds however that also includes the 2 week preop. I am just a tiny bit disappointed but I know it will come off and 32 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I've gone from a BMI of 52.2 to a BMI of 47.5 and have lost 19% of my weight. I was going to check my measurements but decided it would be easier to do it on the 13 of each month rather than every 4 weeks.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Connnnngrats to YOU on an amazn 4 week victory!! You are correct, 32 lbs is not anything to sneeze at cuz remember, its been forever since any of us had a loss and to have 32 gone, woohooo. Gone gone gone! I'm proud of u and Ty 4 sharing. May God bless the many more successes you WILL HAVE:)

Hello! I was sleeved December 9 and just saw this thread! I'm 30, 5'4" and started out at 245lbs. With my pre-op diet I lost 9lbs and since surgery I've lost a total of 36! :) I'll soon be in ONEDERLAND and looking forward to it! Being almost 5 weeks out I'm experimenting with some foods but really wanna have a salad. Do you think that my tummy is ready?

HELLO n welcome to our wonderful and most supportive group! Congrats on the loss, what a success uve had! I'm only a week n a few days postop so I'm not the one to ask about nutrition, however; I will ask, did ur nut give u stages to follow? If so, I'd stick to it until and at least the 4 stage, which for me is maintenance. I'm sure that my sleeve buddies here might can give u better thots on ur but in any case, gl and keep up the gr8 work:)

Hello...sleeved December 18th 5'5 starting weight 260..down 25lbs :) I have the green light to start working out..no weights for another 3 weeks..I can wait to get to onederland

Congrats tooo yoooo:)) glad to c that ur progressing very well. Can't imagine the weight loss that will come off w exercising! Make sure you start off easy as not to hurt urself, we don't need any setbacks. But Ty for sharing ur loss w us and ik that we alllllll are lookin forward to onderland, I know I am. But right now, I'll settle for more energy;). God bless ur journey!

Congrats tooo yoooo:)) glad to c that ur progressing very well. Can't imagine the weight loss that will come off w exercising! Make sure you start off easy as not to hurt urself, we don't need any setbacks. But Ty for sharing ur loss w us and ik that we alllllll are lookin forward to onderland, I know I am. But right now, I'll settle for more energy;). God bless ur journey!

Thank you so much!! :)) yes..I will start off easy with walking..I also need energy and for this acid reflux to go away for good..I hate it..but I pray it will get better. God bless your journey also :)

NOOOoooo to the salad! Way too early!