Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Honey's I'M HOMMME!! I'm soooo glad to be here. Yippie:). Ty again for ur prayers as I continued n will continue lifting u all up as well. I got on the scale finally and I'll post it here as well bc Ik not everyone is n the lbs loss forum...

HW: 237.8

SW: 227.8

CW: 219.2

I'll take it n Praise God! Chat ltr, have to unpack n settle but wanted to share w my wls family:))

Praise God indeed Deez...SO glad to have you home and back here! Get some rest, get settled in and we'll continue to Celebrate together!

Honey's I'M HOMMME!! I'm soooo glad to be here. Yippie:). Ty again for ur prayers as I continued n will continue lifting u all up as well. I got on the scale finally and I'll post it here as well bc Ik not everyone is n the lbs loss forum... HW: 237.8 SW: 227.8 CW: 219.2 I'll take it n Praise God! Chat ltr, have to unpack n settle but wanted to share w my wls family:))

Yeah your home. So happy for you. It's always great to to be home in your own bed with your own bathroom. You've lost twenty lbs already. Your a tough cookie and you made it through all those days with nothing to drink. I'm proud of you. I think I might have cracked. Now to get use to your new tummy and start this new year right.

Yeah your home. So happy for you. It's always great to to be home in your own bed with your own bathroom. You've lost twenty lbs already. Your a tough cookie and you made it through all those days with nothing to drink. I'm proud of you. I think I might have cracked. Now to get use to your new tummy and start this new year right.

So glad your home....praise God for his continued healing hands.

Honey's I'M HOMMME!! I'm soooo glad to be here. Yippie:). Ty again for ur prayers as I continued n will continue lifting u all up as well. I got on the scale finally and I'll post it here as well bc Ik not everyone is n the lbs loss forum...

HW: 237.8

SW: 227.8

CW: 219.2

I'll take it n Praise God! Chat ltr, have to unpack n settle but wanted to share w my wls family:))

Congratulations! You are a rock star! I can't imagine making it through this difficult time like you have done. You're one tough cookie and you've inspired so many of us. Enjoy everything about being home, recognize the weight loss you've had so far and know that after all of this, you can handle anything!

Ik uve all felt like me first day home, I'm weak n restless but reading all of ur well wishes for me, I'm so puffed up w joy that I couldn't go to bed wo telling u all that I sincerely Love you all! I don't throw that word around easily. You're an amazn bunch of troopers and u say how strong I am but I've drawn my strenghth not only from God, but from each and every one of you. I thank God for each of you and we are going to be some kinda healthy lookers n 2014! You too, stay positive, stop worrying over stalls and remember, its been years since we've lost weight. So don't fret stalls, we have the rest of our lives to get our own weight off! No time limit, no rush, no comparisons...only our individual journey that we can share w each other. I am soooo amazed and proud of this Dec 2013 group!! We have n continue to support each other threw it all. From Dec 1 to Dec 31, we've had each others back. Now we share a bench that's getting lighter n lighter. Plz read this posts as I've written it to each of you. Threw my struggles, I read ur posts tho I cudn reply, YOU, helped me keep the Faith. Again Ty and you all are an amazn group of individuals. To Atl nd Mn, you both did an awesome job keeping up w nearly 300 people, thank you. And to those who stepped in when the two had surgery, Ty as well. If I had a wish, it wud b to meet you ALL:). So, I'll shh now, may b the meds, lol. But let me end by sayn, God bless you all, thank you all, and we are on our way, we will get threw this. And hmm, who'll b the first to post pics?? I can't wait. Gn my life long friends:)). Dee Dee

Hi all just found this. I was sleeved on Dec. 30. I lost 20 lbs pre op but have not lost post op. The dr thinks I am retaining Water. I am doing pretty well other than bending over. I noticed a couple other people talking about bending over and had mentioned a stitch popping... What does that mean? It sounds painful and what I felt earlier was very painful. It's an extremely sharp pain at one of my incision sites after bending over. I am young and usually active and getting cabin fever but every time I try to do something I start hurting again :/ any suggestions?!

Hi all just found this thread. I was sleeved dec. 30 and I lost 20 lbs pre op but nothing so far post op. The dr thinks I am retaining Water. I noticed a couple people mentioning bending over and that it may be a stitch popping... What does that mean? It sounds very painful but what I felt earlier today was very painful when I bent over. It was like a really sharp stabbing at one of my incision sites. I am doing well otherwise and I am young and usually active and getting cabin fever but every time I try to do stuff I just end up in more pain... Any suggestions?!

Ik uve all felt like me first day home, I'm weak n restless but reading all of ur well wishes for me, I'm so puffed up w joy that I couldn't go to bed wo telling u all that I sincerely Love you all! I don't throw that word around easily. You're an amazn bunch of troopers and u say how strong I am but I've drawn my strenghth not only from God, but from each and every one of you. I thank God for each of you and we are going to be some kinda healthy lookers n 2014! You too, stay positive, stop worrying over stalls and remember, its been years since we've lost weight. So don't fret stalls, we have the rest of our lives to get our own weight off! No time limit, no rush, no comparisons...only our individual journey that we can share w each other. I am soooo amazed and proud of this Dec 2013 group!! We have n continue to support each other threw it all. From Dec 1 to Dec 31, we've had each others back. Now we share a bench that's getting lighter n lighter. Plz read this posts as I've written it to each of you. Threw my struggles, I read ur posts tho I cudn reply, YOU, helped me keep the Faith. Again Ty and you all are an amazn group of individuals. To Atl nd Mn, you both did an awesome job keeping up w nearly 300 people, thank you. And to those who stepped in when the two had surgery, Ty as well. If I had a wish, it wud b to meet you ALL:). So, I'll shh now, may b the meds, lol. But let me end by sayn, God bless you all, thank you all, and we are on our way, we will get threw this. And hmm, who'll b the first to post pics?? I can't wait. Gn my life long friends:)). Dee Dee

Deez, your post literally brought tears to my eyes! God bless you and your amazing heart! You are a sweetheart, and we love you!

Rest well tonight!

Deez, your post literally brought tears to my eyes! God bless you and your amazing heart! You are a sweetheart, and we love you!

Rest well tonight!

Hi all just found this thread. I was sleeved dec. 30 and I lost 20 lbs pre op but nothing so far post op. The dr thinks I am retaining Water. I noticed a couple people mentioning bending over and that it may be a stitch popping... What does that mean? It sounds very painful but what I felt earlier today was very painful when I bent over. It was like a really sharp stabbing at one of my incision sites. I am doing well otherwise and I am young and usually active and getting cabin fever but every time I try to do stuff I just end up in more pain... Any suggestions?!

I don't know if it's the tethering stitch or just the inner stitches but that pain is awful and bending over is impossible. I've been dealing with it for 10 days and it's finally getting better. I'm 31 and active too so I have my own case of cabin fever. The things I have found that help it are sleeping on your back and making sure you can't roll over at all. Tossing and turning seems to make it way worse. Also walking seems to help loosen it up. I never know when it is going to tweak so I am just very careful with everything I do. I hope it is getting better, it seems to be. I had to start sleeping on my sofa to make sure I would not roll over and that seems to be helping. Good luck to you, just be prepared to wait a while for it to go away.

Hi, I was sleeved on Dec 19. I had been noticing that my incisions were getting really red and they were tender. Called my doctor he said to use peroxide twice a day. Last night I noticed that I had some discomfort in my lower left stomach area, nothing major. Today my lower middle of my back is so sore it hurts to walk or cough. Has anyone experienced any of this???

I was sleeved on dec 19. I have been noticing some pain in my lower stomach nothing to major. Today I woke up with pain in the middle of my lower back. It hurts to walk. Has anyone else ex pierced this??

I was sleeved on dec 19. I have been noticing some pain in my lower stomach nothing to major. Today I woke up with pain in the middle of my lower back. It hurts to walk. Has anyone else ex pierced this??

Are your incisions better? The pain in your stomach and back, could it be Constipation? Have you been going regularly?

If your incisions are not better, I think you're far enough out that maybe they should be looked at. I was sleeved on the 13th and 4 of mine are barely tiny scratches and 1 has a circular scab and still healing.

Hope you feel better!

Hi, I was sleeved on Dec 19. I had been noticing that my incisions were getting really red and they were tender. Called my doctor he said to use peroxide twice a day. Last night I noticed that I had some discomfort in my lower left stomach area, nothing major. Today my lower middle of my back is so sore it hurts to walk or cough. Has anyone experienced any of this???

I am a fellow 12/19 sleever! I haven't had any pain from my incisions, but I do have an comfortableness in my back on the lower left side. Nothing major, but I do notice it when I cough or sneeze!

I went for my first follow up yesterday and my Dr was extremely happy with me an my progress. I am down 20 lbs since the day of surgery.

I am not able to drink pain Water, but she said that is OK as long as I am getting at least 48 oz of liquid in so I have been staying with diluted with Powerade. She also told me that I should be eating about every 4 hours, which is hard for me cause I am never hungry.

Overall, I am happy with my journey so far. Thank you all so much for all of your support!