Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hello all, still in hospital, may be out Tuesday prayerfully! I have a question plz, I started on Water yesterday n crystal lite n boost today. Part of y I'm still here are due to spasms. Question did or does it hurt u guys when trying to swallow fluids. I hope I'm not going to end up w a stenosis, God.forbid. it hurts in my middle chest on the way down, ne1 experience this? Thx in advance my friends.

I was not allowed water until Tuesday after not having any since Sunday and it did hurt, and did so until day 3 or four. I'm at day 20 now and my first drink of the morning I feel going down with a little bit uncomfortable feelings.

I hope that you are recovering and do get to be discharged. Praying for you still!

Calls to ask the NUT a question and doc answered the phone himself.

Me: Doc, can I have coffee?

Doc: What kind?

Me: The good stuff!

Doc Hazelnut?

Me: Sure, as long as it has caffeine!

Doc: Sure. Just remember it's a diuretic and doesn't count toward your Fluid intake. Be mindful of the cream and sweetners you use.

Thank the Lord and Dr. Neff!

Yes!!!!! I will wait until Thursday but YES!!!!

December 18th surgery, had two weeks of sipping and fatigue... Have felt way better now that I am eating soft foods! I also pulled some internal stitches by picking up dog toys this past week but thank the good Lord I can now move freely without severe pain. I have suffered for two weeks with bladder/ yeast infection.... They believe partial dehydration and surgery caused it... Not sure but antibiotics don't seem to phase it:-(. Glad to be in this group! Geaux December 2013 sleevers!

December 18th surgery, had two weeks of sipping and fatigue... Have felt way better now that I am eating soft foods! I also pulled some internal stitches by picking up dog toys this past week but thank the good Lord I can now move freely without severe pain. I have suffered for two weeks with bladder/ yeast infection.... They believe partial dehydration and surgery caused it... Not sure but antibiotics don't seem to phase it:-(. Glad to be in this group! Geaux December 2013 sleevers!

How did you know or find out you pulled some stitches?? And what was done for it?? I am afraid I may have done the same thing.... So kind of curious if I should be worried or not... Any info would be appreciated THANKS!

~Faith~

They should put "no picking up dog toys" in the surgery instructions!! That was what happened to me too!!! Except now it's been 8 days and I'm still in pain!! Good luck with the bladder infection, they are the worst!

Hey I was wondering how you were doing. I felt the same was a couple days before my stitch popped. Hopefully your stitch is preparing to pop and that's why you are feeling so bad. I felt immediate relief when that thing broke loose. How are you doing on pounds lost??

When did it pop free?

Last Thursday.

Last Thursday.

Could you all explain the stitch popping? I have never heard of this, my surgeon never mentioned it and I was curious what it means...what it feels like, when it happens, watch...so I don't freak out if it happens and send myself to the ER.

Last Thursday.

Could you all explain the stitch popping? I have never heard of this, my surgeon nevertheless mentioned it and I was curious what it means...what it feels like, when it happens, watch...so I don't freak out if it happens and send myself to the ER.

The stitch on the left side is a deep tethered muscle stitch my understanding is this is done to hep prevent hernias. I definitely did not hurt wen it happened actually is was almost instant relief on my left side. It's really difficult to explain how it felt but I definitely felt it pop free, my best description would be like popping you knuckles on your fingers. It startled me but did not hurt in any way. Search it on this site there are lots of post on it.

The stitch on the left side is a deep tethered muscle stitch my understanding is this is done to hep prevent hernias. I definitely did not hurt wen it happened actually is was almost instant relief on my left side. It's really difficult to explain how it felt but I definitely felt it pop free, my best description would be like popping you knuckles on your fingers. It startled me but did not hurt in any way. Search it on this site there are lots of post on it.

Thank you for the insight. I still have pain deep there, so maybe I haven't 'popped' yet.

:)

I must not have had this "stitch" as I have no pain on the left side or anywhere and never heard a "pop". I am back at work and occassionally carry items heavier than 5 lbs. there. I also have forgotten and picked up one of my dogs @ 21 lbs.

Do you think all surgeons make this stitch?

BTW back to work on 01/02/14, today was the 3rd day back at work…for those feeling bad, take heart, because if you would have told me I could do well at work after my surgery on 12/16 - and even a at Christmas, I would have laughed!

Its hard to believe that we can get by all day working after eating 450-600 calories all day! I feel tired but not as tired as I thought. More tired today because I stayed up to watch the first episode of "Downton Abbey" last night, LOL.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still having such pain. What do your Drs say about this?

Anyone stalling? I am frustrated!! No movement on the scale in at least a week and a half. I'm hoping to break it before my next post op appointment!

Anyone stalling? I am frustrated!! No movement on the scale in at least a week and a half. I'm hoping to break it before my next post op appointment!

I'm on day 6 of my stall. Today was actually up about a half a pound...I was told to take measurements instead...that didn't make me feel any better...no movement in measurements either.

I'm staying off the scale for a few days...but know that this too shall pass.

I just got thru my first stall. I was sleeved on the 4th and exactly 3 weeks to the day I started to stall. The scale just started moving this weekend.

I was sleeved in 12/20... 7th day if a stall... Take heart.. It will move eventually!