Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Thank you everyone for the great tips and warm welcome.

--

I'm still struggling with Fluid intake at 24 days out (had hernia repair too)

I feel so weak, still battling Constipation the past 5 days; I'm on colace and Miralax - had 1 runny bm but now My poop seems to be stuck and im in terrible pain

My phys asst says give it some time and increase my fluids (easier said than done)

She suggested a rectal suppository as well which freaks me out due to the pain I'm going through now with being stuck

I never suffered with constipation like this before and it's nooo fun I want to cry

I'm trying to chug my Water but its a slow go --- can't wait for all this to be a thing of the past

Best wishes!

I think maybe u should go to ER. Is your belly distended? If it is then u have a blockage and need to go to hospital before it gets worse.

Surgery date: 12/26/2013

Weight lost since meeting surgeon: 32.8

Since surgery: 10.8

Surgery date: 12/26

Start: 304

Surgery wt: 283

Cw: 272.2

Hey December Sleevers!

I'm so excited I had to share! First stats - Sleeved 12/3 - Starting weight 271 - Surgery weight 239 - Today's weight 219.

You know those couple of expensive, classic dresses/pants etc you've kept in your closet for 10+ years -just in case you ever get back to a smaller size? (Or perhaps you've subconsciously kept them for mental torture reminding you of what you no longer are?) I tried them on this morning... And THEY FIT!!!! ( With some room to spare!) I've gone from a tight size 20 to a... 14. Amazing! My reaction is odd tho... Excited but very teary at the same time. I've got to look into what this emotion is I guess!

I should also mention, I'm starting to get a lot of the "OMG you look great" comments from coworkers and them asking me to share what I've been doing. So far I've just been saying I've assembled a WL team of doctor, nutritionist and trainer and working hard. It's not a lie... Just not the whole truth.;-) we'll see how long I can get away with that!

To those of you just sleeved or still struggling hang in there! I'm cheering for ya! This journey is amazing!

I just wanted to stop by to let you know that we DID IT! On the pounds lost thread we hit the 10,000 pound weight loss goal. Officially today we have a weight loss goal of 10,770 pounds! AMAZING!

I think maybe u should go to ER. Is your belly distended? If it is then u have a blockage and need to go to hospital before it gets worse.

----

Hi Care1175:

Thank you for your concern and I did fear I would have to make another visit to the ER .. I was there almost 2 weeks ago for dehydration

After trying the magnesium citrate per my PA and increasing fluids and walking around things seem To be moving for me a tiny bit better --- still painful to push it out and there is still more inside that needs to come out but I would say I'm getting a bit better and not worse so I'll hold off on the ER and pray I won't need to go

My belly was a bit bloated but I attributed that to the increase in fluids my doc office is forcing me to get in to combat the Constipation

I'll see how things go but boy oh boy constipation is very very serious; wouldn't wish it on anyone

----

Hi Care1175:

Thank you for your concern and I did fear I would have to make another visit to the ER .. I was there almost 2 weeks ago for dehydration

After trying the magnesium citrate per my PA and increasing fluids and walking around things seem To be moving for me a tiny bit better --- still painful to push it out and there is still more inside that needs to come out but I would say I'm getting a bit better and not worse so I'll hold off on the ER and pray I won't need to go

My belly was a bit bloated but I attributed that to the increase in fluids my doc office is forcing me to get in to combat the Constipation

I'll see how things go but boy oh boy constipation is very very serious; wouldn't wish it on anyone

Walking really does help!

----

Hi Care1175:

Hi Sandi,

You may also try milk of magnesia. I never have constipation but did after coming home from the hospital even though I immediately started MiraLAX and colace. I had to take the milk of magnesia. Unfortunately, what's already there is not going to soften. It really is going to be a lot of work to get it out and probably not easy. Be careful thinking it's moving because a little is coming out. Sometimes the stool softener soften what's behind the constipation and that can squeeze out around the blocked stool. Some people find putting their feet up on a foot stool while sitting on the toilet, a better position (sort of like squatting).

Please be careful and don't be afraid to go to the ER if necessary.

Hi Sandi,

You may also try milk of magnesia. I never have Constipation but did after coming home from the hospital even though I immediately started MiraLAX and colace. I had to take the milk of magnesia. Unfortunately, what's already there is not going to soften. It really is going to be a lot of work to get it out and probably not easy. Be careful thinking it's moving because a little is coming out. Sometimes the stool softener soften what's behind the constipation and that can squeeze out around the blocked stool. Some people find putting their feet up on a foot stool while sitting on the toilet, a better position (sort of like squatting).

Please be careful and don't be afraid to go to the ER if necessary.

--

Thanks everyone for suggestions. Wow that's interesting AtlantaRed. I'll see how it goes but I'm afraid of what they may have to do to my bum in the ER. I guess I have to get passed that if it means long lasting relief and my way back to normal living. I have to get back to work but am in no condition to return at this point with minimal Fluid intake, constipation, hernia discomfort, fatigue/lightheaded-ness, etc

So not looking forward to anymore pushing but I realize I'll have to with a foot stool now of course

Tmi but It really is like an intense workout minus the euphoric feeling

Oh atlantaRed and sandisleeve- you reminded me of the squatty potty I saw in the back of one of my magazines! Haha!

post-196283-0-78502900-1388952212_thumb.jpg

Hi all! I am 19 days out and was doing really great until last weekend. I was picking up all the dog toys off my living room floor and began to get sore in my lower left abdomen area just below the tethering stitch. Ever since then I have had significant pain if I move the wrong way, sitting especially. I can no longer bend over, sleep on my sides, or do ANYTHING quickly. I am frustrated because I was feeling so good and I feel like I set myself back. I called the doc and they said I did too much and this is a normal side effect that can happen. But now it's been a week and it's not getting any better! I have a call into today after a horrible nights sleep with pain that brought tears to my eyes. I have no fever, am getting fluids and Protein in for the most part, and over all am feeling good. But this really hurts and really frustrates me. I'm hoping other might know what I'm talking about and be able to give me advice about how long it lasts or at least general support.

--

Thanks everyone for suggestions. Wow that's interesting AtlantaRed. I'll see how it goes but I'm afraid of what they may have to do to my bum in the ER. I guess I have to get passed that if it means long lasting relief and my way back to normal living. I have to get back to work but am in no condition to return at this point with minimal Fluid intake, Constipation, hernia discomfort, fatigue/lightheaded-ness, etc

So not looking forward to anymore pushing but I realize I'll have to with a foot stool now of course

Tmi but It really is like an intense workout minus the euphoric feeling

It is definitely not easy, and pretty exhausting when it's over. When it is over, please continue on daily stool softeners and something like Miralax. Are you still on pain meds? They are very constipating.

Hope it passes soon!

Hi all! I am 19 days out and was doing really great until last weekend. I was picking up all the dog toys off my living room floor and began to get sore in my lower left abdomen area just below the tethering stitch. Ever since then I have had significant pain if I move the wrong way, sitting especially. I can no longer bend over, sleep on my sides, or do ANYTHING quickly. I am frustrated because I was feeling so good and I feel like I set myself back. I called the doc and they said I did too much and this is a normal side effect that can happen. But now it's been a week and it's not getting any better! I have a call into today after a horrible nights sleep with pain that brought tears to my eyes. I have no fever, am getting fluids and Protein in for the most part, and over all am feeling good. But this really hurts and really frustrates me. I'm hoping other might know what I'm talking about and be able to give me advice about how long it lasts or at least general support.

I'm sorry you're having a setback! I was overly cautious and still won't bend over or lift anything! (lucky I have an amazing husband). Do you have any pain meds or taking any Tylenol? I had horrible pain there that only stopped yesterday, and my surgery was the 13th. I'm sorry I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I hope you recover quickly and hopefully have something for pain.

I'm sorry you're having a setback! I was overly cautious and still won't bend over or lift anything! (lucky I have an amazing husband). Do you have any pain meds or taking any Tylenol? I had horrible pain there that only stopped yesterday, and my surgery was the 13th. I'm sorry I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I hope you recover quickly and hopefully have something for pain.

I have some pain meds and they dull the pain but don't even come close to resolving it. I am 31And even at 320 pounds was relatively active. I live alone in a three story town home and I've had to resort to calling my mom to come over and do things for me. She is very willing and loves to help but I feel like a invalid and am so frustrated. I can't do laundry, load the dishwasher, pick up things from the floor, and it takes me almost 5 minutes to put in socks because of the bending. I'm just sad and frustrated.

It is definitely not easy, and pretty exhausting when it's over. When it is over, please continue on daily stool softeners and something like MiraLAX. Are you still on pain meds? They are very constipating.

Hope it passes soon!

---

Atlanta yes I understand I have to continue the s.s. I did Not have any Constipation while on pain meds, dilaudid in hospital then roxicet for a week. i just had diarrhea for a few days and extreme fatigue for a while

I Am on a ppi 2x a day and a pink carafate solution 3x a day that coats my stomach for ease with sipping due to major crying Induced hernia pain, pulsing and pressure -- it helps a little but my PA says the constipation is not from those rx's it's from Insufficient fluids

Thanks for your support, my family thinks I need to toughen up.