Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Thanks all of u for ur thots and prayers! As of now, the doc says npo still bc of spasms:'( day 5 n still nothing to eat or drink. I too had a hernia repaired and as far as pain from those sites, nothing. I asked doc was I considered a statistic bc I'm sad about what may be my future. He says success but I say noway. I'm trying to stay positive around my family but I cried today bc doc said if I'm not better, spasms, by Monday, I'm going on i.v. nutrition! I'm just bummed out now. I tried finally helping myself and now I feel I Shuda left well enough alone. Ik God will get me over this mountain but right now its difficult to sit all day wo at least a sliver of ice. The mercy part of it all is that I'm not hungry either way, thank God, just losing patience. Anyways I pray that u all are continuing being successful n healthy. I pray that I too will start doing better. Unless things change, Lord willing, I'll check bck in on monday. God bless n gn all:)

Hang in there and remember that God is in control. All things happen for a reason. We may not understand it, but it's all in his hands. So please stay encouraged, just as you have kept the rest of us encouraged as we have our different struggles. We are all on that mountain with you, but just maybe at different points of the journey. We will all make it to the top and be victorious. For now as you wait, find something to help keep you distracted. My prayers are with you and MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU!!!

Went for 1 week post op yesterday and was advanced to semi solid foods...yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs, refried Beans, low fat cheese, soft cooked veggies, and small amt fruit. I ALMOST had an emotional break down at the grocery store. My inner fat girl wanted all the stuff that got us here and was even trying to negotiate for me to buy it now and save it for later when I can eat it...NO!!!! I never realized how much the mental and emotional has to heal more than the physical.

HW: 308 (May 2013)

JW: 291 (weight when I started this journey)

SW: 276.4 (lost 11lbs pre op)

CW: 271

I am very happy with the weight loss so far. Able to get in my Water. Just starting Protein today, hoping that goes well. I was given the ok to return to work Monday. Still having some right sided pain, but controlled with Tylenol. Overall doing fine.

Hi all. I had my sleevectomy on December 30th.

Beginning weight 245.2 lbs

Day of surgery 234.6 lbs

Current weight 229.2

I find that I am struggling to drink enough Water. Any suggestions?

Jayne

Again I cannot express how thankful I am to know you all! It is amazing and encouraging to read your victories, recoveries, and your numbers loss thus far. Altho I may not chime in, I'm keeping up w u all bc it makes me happy to share in ur happiness. Ty Tsn for those beautiful words bc last night, I prayed n chatted w God and asked that He guides this journey for me and allow me to take it a day at a time. Well, the Doc came in a lil while ago and said, " ok, how about we try u on 1oz sips of Water evry hour but if u spasm, stop and we try the picc line for nutrition on Monday". I was excited in the most cheesiest way:))) so they brot me a bottle of cold water. And thus far, I've tolerated it very well, praise God , and Ty allllll:). I'm sipping n walking. I am just elated. I'm still not hungry, physically or mentally but reading some of u alls food choices, I can't wait to have Wendy's chili, I'm excited:). He also stated that if I did well today w water, he'd add some taste tomorrow! Yippie. Update: surgery 12/30/13 including hernia repair. Have esophageal spasms which has caused my 3 night stay b extended to at least next Monday. Spasms decreased, doc allowed water sips today. Pain wise, not much ever, just spasms which were horrible in itself. Tmi, had two bm's alrdy and voiding frequently, so won't have that to keep me here:). Well I guess I'll lv it at that and Lord willing, my Driver, I will go home on Monday. Plz cont to pray that I can remain complication free as I will for you. Ty and I remain PROUD OF U ALL!! XOXOX

Hi all. I had my sleeve done on December 30th.

Starting weight 245.2 lbs

Surgery weight 234.6

Current weight 229.2

I am struggling with drinking the amount of Water I need. Any suggestions?

Happy New Year!!

Jayne

Day of surgery 234.6 lbs

Current weight 229.2

Jayne

Hello Jay, I was sleeved same day, maybe uve read what I wrote but as for my drinking which started today, I use the ounce cups n sip it slowly per hr. But I had other issues so if u were complication free, perhaps our sleeve family can give u bettr advice. One other thing, crystal lite can b added to ur water, I like it. Gl n God bless u.

Surgery weight 234.6

Current weight 229.2

Happy New Year!!

Jayne

I had a great deal of trouble getting water in. That little pill cup full of water that they wanted me to put down might as well have been a gallon jug. I just had to work it in a sip at a time. I can drink like horse now.

Ugh..why am I putting food in my mouth. .chewing it then spitting it out..I really need to pull it together .. took my kids to cici's pizza..got some soup..which was ok..but then saw my kids food...I just couldn't help it..:( I know it would get stuck if I swallowed ...I know this could be very bad if I continue to do this.

I've been thinking about it lol, you are not alone

Day of surgery 234.6 lbs

Current weight 229.2

Jayne

Hey there how was your trip home? I can't seem to get enough water either, have you tried warm tea?

Surgery weight 234.6

Current weight 229.2

Happy New Year!!

Jayne

Jaynedeath:

I was sleeved on 12/16, at first I had a lot of problems getting any liquid down. It took a few days for the change but now I have no problems. When I was panicking about not getting liquids in, the nutritionist at my Dr.'s office recommended trying different things (many people seem to have problems with water at first). So I tried Propel Zero and it went better, he also recommended trying broth, and the warmness of it helped.

The bottom line according to the NUT is that the 64 oz is just a goal, do the best you can. For me at the beginning I had a really hard time, now I can drink 3-4 oz at a time with no pain.

Good luck, and if your progress is like mine, you will be amazed at what a difference a week makes!

Day of surgery 234.6 lbs

Current weight 229.2

Jayne

Hey there how was your trip home? I can't seem to get enough water either, have you tried warm tea?

I had a really tough time with fluids at first, too. I was just so full and bloated. It got easier after 5-6 days, I still took GasX everyday until day 11. Even still it was still a full time job just drinking from the time I got up till the time I went to bed. Walking helps move things through. And definitely try different things throughout the day 'cause sipping on the same thing for 4 hours gets old. Vitamin water, propel zero, different flavored broths, pedialyte, herbal (decaffeinated) teas, watered down Protein Shakes, diluted and strained cream Soups and drinkable yogurt were all things I've drank since surgery.

Thank you everyone for the great tips and warm welcome.

Thank you everyone for the great tips and warm welcome.

--

I'm still struggling with Fluid intake at 24 days out (had hernia repair too)

I feel so weak, still battling Constipation the past 5 days; I'm on colace and Miralax - had 1 runny bm but now My poop seems to be stuck and im in terrible pain

My phys asst says give it some time and increase my fluids (easier said than done)

She suggested a rectal suppository as well which freaks me out due to the pain I'm going through now with being stuck

I never suffered with constipation like this before and it's nooo fun I want to cry

I'm trying to chug my Water but its a slow go --- can't wait for all this to be a thing of the past

Best wishes!

Hi everyone! I will be 3 weeks out of Thursday. I am still having issues with pain Water, so i am drinking G2 diluted, that seems to help. How many times a day and how often are you eating? i want to get myself on a scheudle and want to be sure not to overeat. Thoughts??