Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Okay, I'm worried. I found out today that my surgeon removed approx 60% of my stomach while I had thought it would be 85%. I'm so worried that it isn't going to be enough and I have will be right back to my HW later on. I don't have anyone to share those thoughts with who would remotely understand so I just needed to share it with yall. It's really bothering me. Thanks for everything

Okay, I'm worried. I found out today that my surgeon removed approx 60% of my stomach while I had thought it would be 85%. I'm so worried that it isn't going to be enough and I have will be right back to my HW later on. I don't have anyone to share those thoughts with who would remotely understand so I just needed to share it with yall. It's really bothering me. Thanks for everything

What size bougie did your surgeon use? That's the biggest gauge of how much restriction you will have

Happy New Year my beautiful, supportive and hard-working December sleevers!!! The world is a better place with all of you in it! I look forward to the months ahead and sharing our successes and hurdles together. May 2014 bring a world of possibilities to us all. God bless and be safe tonight!!!

Happy New Year my beautiful, supportive and hard-working December sleevers!!! The world is a better place with all of you in it! I look forward to the months ahead and sharing our successes and hurdles together. May

post-181239-0-66699400-1388551374_thumb.png

[ATTACH]39433[/ATTACH]

post-181239-0-66699400-1388551374_thumb.png

[ATTACH]39433[/ATTACH]

2014 bring a world of possibilities to us all. God bless and be safe tonight!!!

Happy New Years December 2013 sleevers! May blessing to us ..here is a before ;) I already feel I have lost a few pounds. .not sure how much :)

Great to find so many others with December surgeries! I had my sleeve surgery on 12/3/13 and I am working on my journey. I am 55, 5'6" tall and started at 243lbs. I lost 15lbs on the liquid diet before the surgery and 15lbs in the 4 weeks since surgery. I am happy with the decision and happy with the sleeve, but after reading some of the posts here, I am disappointed I have not lost more weight.

I would love to know how to get the graphic at the bottom of posts that show my progress. How do I create that?

Great to find so many others with December surgeries! I had my sleeve surgery on 12/3/13 and I am working on my journey. I am 55, 5'6" tall and started at 243lbs. I lost 15lbs on the liquid diet before the surgery and 15lbs in the 4 weeks since surgery. I am happy with the decision and happy with the sleeve, but after reading some of the posts here, I am disappointed I have not lost more weight.

I would love to know how to get the graphic at the bottom of posts that show my progress. How do I create that?

Welcome to the group mooncat!

You are doing great! Please don't compare yourself to others, we are all so different! We have different physical stats,food and exercise programs, some had preop and some didn't. Plus our bodies are just different. However, we have all been given the same tool. Fast or slow, as ling as its moving in the right direction! Mine hasn't been moving at all! I'm definitely stalled but it has to move at some point!

To get a ticker (the thing at the bottom) I think you have to be on a desktop and then you click up on your profile up on the top right and hit my tickets. It will walk you through how to create one.

Happy New Year to everyone!! We all made it thru December and are on the losers bench!! I wish you all a prosperous and successful 2014!! Here's to us!!

Edited by L-in-NJ

Happy New Years to all the December 2013 Sleevers!!! I wish you all much success for this upcoming year. I pray for great recoveries for those of us recently sleeved.

WE CAN AND WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN 2014!!!!!!!

Happy New Year! I was sleeved yesterda and am doung pretty well. I had some pain waking up and some nausea when I tried to walk around the room at one point. I slept well except for interruptions for vitals. Overall, its going pretty well.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Happy New Years to all my December sleevers!!!!!!!!!

Here's my confession...I cheated yesterday and had a Lindt Milk Chocolate! I'm craving carbs. Help! Is anyone else struggling maintaing Stage 2 full liquids? I was sleeved 12/11. :{

Happy new years everybody! Pray that everyone is doing fabulous as well as recovering from surgery. I am still in the hospital what my doctor told me was to expect three nights either way. They will repeat the barium swallow test today so please pray for the success of that,then they can take off all these plugs and Patches and monitors. As of right now I have not had any of the esophageal spasms thank God! So hopefully the swelling has gone down and I can start the 2 wk postop liq. I would love to say yuck I'm so sick of liquids but its been 2 days now and I haven't had liquids of any kind just a wet swab for my mouth but no swallowing, again I pray that everyone had a great surgery and is recovering well. Im especially praying for our Dec group for that this year will be the best you ever ever had. Im ready to start seeing some before and after pics! Yall have a good day and thanks for your prayers. I've appreciated them::)

KaminaBlue, I was sleeved on 12/11 as well. I was on clear liquid 10 days, full liquid 7 days and now pureed food. I have (since the last time I weighed) lost 19 lbs total from pre-op Protein through Saturday. I have not felt compelled to "cheat". I have Protein Drinks that I can drink that are chocolate, or vanilla and I will put in sugar free pudding for a flavor I want. I find I am more up for apple sauce and puddings from my last stage rather than pureed food. How about cottage cheese? What kind of carbs are you craving. I made a root veg roast and mashed it...