Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hello everyone. I am struggling to find the unflavored Protein Powder everyone mentions. Could anyone possibly give me the name or show a link to where I could buy this please?

The one I like is made by Unjury and I think it's Unjury.com .

Any fellow school teachers out there? I'm beginning to get nervous about going back to work since it's taking me so long to eat a meal and we only have 30 min. to eat lunch. Also worried about keeping up with Water intake since it's pretty much impossible to go to restroom with a room full of first graders?

<p>Any fellow school teachers out there? I'm beginning to get nervous about going back to work since it's taking me so long to eat a meal and we only have 30 min. to eat lunch. Also worried about keeping up with Water intake since it's pretty much impossible to go to restroom with a room full of first graders? </p>

I sub (I have a teaching license but there's no jobs available in my small town!) When was your surgery? I taught full time during pregnancy and I know how physically taxing our job can be when you're not at 100%! Have you considered taking more time off? I KNOW planning for a sub is tedious, and stressful. Look at it this way: you can write your sub plans, go in and get everything organized and ready (and pray for a good sub!), or you can go I'm to work, wear yourself out, and shortchange your kids, and your body. Maybe that one extra week will be all you need to get yourself completely ready. Just my two cents!

<p>Any fellow school teachers out there? I'm beginning to get nervous about going back to work since it's taking me so long to eat a meal and we only have 30 min. to eat lunch. Also worried about keeping up with Water intake since it's pretty much impossible to go to restroom with a room full of first graders? </p>

I am a teacher as well. I get an hour for lunch but with all of the changes this year in our state I have so much paperwork I hope I have the energy to teach and work with my students! I am a little nervous about going back as well!

Surgery was 12/18--11 days post-op......Physically I think I will be fine to go back to work (we don't go back until 1/6) it's just the whole eating thing that's going to be hard. I was just telling my husband I'm going to have to get up an hour earlier just to have time to get my Breakfast down before work. LOL

I was sleeved on December 6. I have lost 22 pounds so far. My goal is to lose 100 pounds and to NEVER shop in a plus size store for myself ever again.

I seem to have hit the famous 3 week stall at 19 days out. I haven't changed my diet or activity and have been at the same weight (or slightly higher) for 3 days.

Sticking to my program and hoping to break free soon ....

I think I've been in a stall, over a week with no recordable loss. Week 2 postop (but had a 2 week preop). I went up 2 pounds and then climbed back down by ounces and stayed for a couple of days. Just today am finally down 0.6 from my lowest over a week ago. We'll see if it's truly broken tomorrow! Hang in there!

I have a question. Were any of you told you could not use a Straw and if so why not?!

I was told too much air, and the possibility of getting too much liquid too quick and overfilling your tummy. Surgeon says no more straws ever.

Any fellow school teachers out there? I'm beginning to get nervous about going back to work since it's taking me so long to eat a meal and we only have 30 min. to eat lunch. Also worried about keeping up with Water intake since it's pretty much impossible to go to restroom with a room full of first graders?

I am a high school career counselor, so no classes, but we go back on 1/2 and have final exams (which I coordinate) shortly thereafter. I have no official lunch break, and usually have a line of students at my door during lunch. I am very nervous about getting all the liquids and food in. I think I will set alarms on my phone to help.

Surgery was 12/18--11 days post-op......Physically I think I will be fine to go back to work (we don't go back until 1/6) it's just the whole eating thing that's going to be hard. I was just telling my husband I'm going to have to get up an hour earlier just to have time to get my breakfast down before work. LOL

Are you on purees or soft yet? If so, I wonder if eating your foods would be best at home, and sip fluids and Protein throughout the day at school.

I seem to have hit the famous 3 week stall at 19 days out. I haven't changed my diet or activity and have been at the same weight (or slightly higher) for 3 days. Sticking to my program and hoping to break free soon ....

Same here Andrew. We just have to go thru the process as our bodies adjust. I'm just going to keep following my plan. I know it won't last forever.

Hello to all postop sleevers, I pray that its gotten/getting easier for yall!! Tya again for paving the way for us. Dec 30 th is finally approaching, so I ask that you all take a moment, plz, to pray for our group. Ty in advance:). I pray that God will guide the surgeons hands for tomorrows group and pray that we all have safe passage to the losers bench, free from all error and minimal discomfort. I pray that all that will b asked of us, we will b able to accomplish with flying colors. I pray for the families, esp the kids who are struggling w our decisions, reassure them that God is good and He will take care of us! Know that I will continue keeping us all lifted in prayer. Tya, congrats, and a big XOXO, to u all. Please let the group know how u all are doing as soon as u can, as will I. Bc of our postops advice, I want to encourage us all to walk, sip, walk, sip, walk. Take ur gasX with u and pillow for helping w bracing the coughs. Put our trust in Him and all will go accordingly. I want to add all of this as well to the Dec 31st group, as I may not b able to do so, but know u R all in my thots! Take Care, God Bless and make space for us on the losers bench cuz here we come;) sleep tight if U can. Dee Dee:)))) And just in case, have A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hello to all postop sleevers, I pray that its gotten/getting easier for yall!! Tya again for paving the way for us. Dec 30 th is finally approaching, so I ask that you all take a moment, plz, to pray for our group. Ty in advance:). I pray that God will guide the surgeons hands for tomorrows group and pray that we all have safe passage to the losers bench, free from all error and minimal discomfort. I pray that all that will b asked of us, we will b able to accomplish with flying colors. I pray for the families, esp the kids who are struggling w our decisions, reassure them that God is good and He will take care of us! Know that I will continue keeping us all lifted in prayer. Tya, congrats, and a big XOXO, to u all. Please let the group know how u all are doing as soon as u can, as will I. Bc of our postops advice, I want to encourage us all to walk, sip, walk, sip, walk. Take ur gasX with u and pillow for helping w bracing the coughs. Put our trust in Him and all will go accordingly. I want to add all of this as well to the Dec 31st group, as I may not b able to do so, but know u R all in my thots! Take Care, God Bless and make space for us on the losers bench cuz here we come;) sleep tight if U can. Dee Dee:)))) And just in case, have A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Oh Deez...our ever faithful cheerleader...I am SO excited that tomorrow is your day...you have been so encouraging to all of us on here, and I am just sure that everyone is rooting for you as well. I am praying for a very smooth procedure and recovery for you and all of the Dec. 30 sleevers! I will be eagerly awaiting your return with how things went!

Many blessings are being sent your way!

Oh Deez...our ever faithful cheerleader...I am SO excited that tomorrow is your day...you have been so encouraging to all of us on here, and I am just sure that everyone is rooting for you as well. I am praying for a very smooth procedure and recovery for you and all of the Dec. 30 sleevers! I will be eagerly awaiting your return with how things went!

Many blessings are being sent your way!

Ty my sweet friend:)