Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I'm questioning what have I done to myself...I can barely handle this pain on my chest whenever I drink water.. went to walgreens and bought some zentac...to see if it helps. I also noticed I was not mentally ready for this surgery (sleeved Dec 18th 2013) I want to eat.. and have tasted sweet potato, mash potatoes. ..but I feel terrible. I don't want any more Protein Shakes or broth. I don't know what to do. All I can do is pray...There is no turning back I know..I just want to feel better and eat what I want without pain..sorry don't mean discourage anyone I just don't know what else to do

This is a support group. We are here to support you. Never feel bad about expressing what you're going through. It will be okay. It will level off and you will get where you need to be. Don't beat yourself up. Maybe you should try adding some Protein Powder to your puddings and broth to fill up more. It's probably head hunger and not real hunger. We must remember this is a serious adjustment to our previous life style. We must be patient with the process and with ourselves. Also try adding to flavored Liquid Protein to your Water and sip it all day long. That way you kill two birds with one stone!

Hang in there..I think buyer's remorse is a normal emotion.

Anyone else exhausted? The last two days I've been SO tired. I'm 11 days post-op and am eating nothing but Protein and drinking liquids all day. Thoughts? Tips?

Anyone else exhausted? The last two days I've been SO tired. I'm 11 days post-op and am eating nothing but protein and drinking liquids all day. Thoughts? Tips?

You could call your PCP and get a B-12 shot. I finally got one yesterday. I was feeling draggy this week, upped my protein at the advice of my NUT but still went in and got a shot.

<p>I will continue updating the list as it's pointed out to me! </p> <p> </p> <p>Positive thoughts and speedy recoveries to tomorrow's sleevers!</p> <p> </p> <p>Dec 27 Carmen1963<br> Dec 27 kchula99</p> <p>Dec 27 tsneed73</p>

Please add me! 12/17

Please add me too 12/30

Please add me to the list. My surgery is on 12/30. Thanks!

I am 10 days post-op and have felt great until the last day or two.......I suddenly have no energy at all........getting in all my Protein + taking B12 sublingual..........just want to stay in bed? Should I be concerned or is this just my body's way of responding to my new lifestyle?

Alright December Sleevers, I'm hoping that this title brings more people in so we can follow and encourage each other through our journeys. I am 40. I'm 5'4" and about 308 right now. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI which would be around 145. I'm hoping for a December 4th or 5th date with Dr. William Johnson. Everyone introduce yourselves! So far as of 11/02/13 Dec 02 Krysta03 Dec 02 gaslimgal Dec 02 jess9395 Dec 02 Annadette Dec 02 sookie Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie Dec 02 doopa Dec 02 Jerzygurl Dec 03 Tasha420 Dec 03 SouthernCharm Dec 03 redilla42 Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014 Dec 03 Sinderelly Dec 03 missmee Dec 03 Browneyedgurl Dec 04 L-in-NJ Dec 04 Healthbound Dec 04 Katdrox Dec 05 Blondiee Dec 05 Lioness813 Dec 06 kyholder Dec 06 harleychic Dec 09 De-jo Dec 09 AshleyMidwife Dec 09 Sweettart702 Dec 09 MShell Dec 09 Carlotta Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime Dec 11 liciamarie Dec 11 KaminaBlue Dec 11 Only1likeme Dec 11 soul2bleed Dec 11 Volfan Dec 11 dencob1 Dec 11 MnWin Dec 11 onedaycloser Dec 11 Scraglycat Dec 12 amills Dec 12 kellymoon Dec 12 honeylove Dec 13 Mommie4 Dec 13 amduc (and husband!) Dec 13 Under1star Dec 14 Sleevin It Dec 16 slvrsax Dec 16 elhudge Dec 16 Mfs Dec 16 MGR1852 Dec 17 Shelly70 Dec 17 Serenah DEC 17 Lisa66 Dec 17 ginnie290 Dec 18 Sns513 Dec 18 Nona337am Dec 18 gemgirl Dec 18 mija1980 Dec 18 Teachamy Dec 26 ReEstDec2013 Dec 27 Carmen1963 Dec 30 elsnanny No date yet: AtlantaRed beansmomma HoustonTexanFan AngiD fpmr96a SueRN Simpley_ke Vixey macman MonisNatural fmpr96a Tarheel79 SeniorMoment Coachk kan7525 caligirl3 Besleeve It

Alright December Sleevers, I'm hoping that this title brings more people in so we can follow and encourage each other through our journeys. I am 40. I'm 5'4" and about 308 right now. I'd like to get to a healthy BMI which would be around 145. I'm hoping for a December 4th or 5th date with Dr. William Johnson. Everyone introduce yourselves! So far as of 11/02/13 Dec 02 Krysta03 Dec 02 gaslimgal Dec 02 jess9395 Dec 02 Annadette Dec 02 sookie Dec 02 Nurse_Bonnie Dec 02 doopa Dec 02 Jerzygurl Dec 03 Tasha420 Dec 03 SouthernCharm Dec 03 redilla42 Dec 03 skinnynewbecky2014 Dec 03 Sinderelly Dec 03 missmee Dec 03 Browneyedgurl Dec 04 L-in-NJ Dec 04 Healthbound Dec 04 Katdrox Dec 05 Blondiee Dec 05 Lioness813 Dec 06 kyholder Dec 06 harleychic Dec 09 De-jo Dec 09 AshleyMidwife Dec 09 Sweettart702 Dec 09 MShell Dec 09 Carlotta Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime Dec 11 liciamarie Dec 11 KaminaBlue Dec 11 Only1likeme Dec 11 soul2bleed Dec 11 Volfan Dec 11 dencob1 Dec 11 MnWin Dec 11 onedaycloser Dec 11 Scraglycat Dec 12 amills Dec 12 kellymoon Dec 12 honeylove Dec 13 Mommie4 Dec 13 amduc (and husband!) Dec 13 Under1star Dec 14 Sleevin It Dec 16 slvrsax Dec 16 elhudge Dec 16 Mfs Dec 16 MGR1852 Dec 17 Shelly70 Dec 17 Serenah DEC 17 Lisa66 Dec 17 ginnie290 Dec 18 Sns513 Dec 18 Nona337am Dec 18 gemgirl Dec 18 mija1980 Dec 18 Teachamy Dec 26 ReEstDec2013 Dec 27 Carmen1963 Dec 30 elsnanny No date yet: AtlantaRed beansmomma HoustonTexanFan AngiD fpmr96a SueRN Simpley_ke Vixey macman MonisNatural fmpr96a Tarheel79 SeniorMoment Coachk kan7525 caligirl3 Besleeve It

Is anyone else having lots of heatburn?? In trying to get all my liquids and Protein in, but even Water gives me heartburn..

Is anyone else having lots of heatburn?? In trying to get all my liquids and Protein in, but even Water gives me heartburn..

I'm not having a LOT of heartburn but, considering I didn't have reflux or heartburn before surgery, it has increased. For me I think some of it's a combo of gas bubbles causing wet burps and acid production. I was told to get Pepcid Complete to help with that. I also take gas x chewable.

If the heartburn is bad I would ask the doc for a prescription PPI. Also, do you think it is related to a certain food? Soft egg yolks were so satisfying for me, but they bit me back a few hours later. Apple sauce with cinnamon also had me pacing the streets with discomfort a couple hours later.

I hope it improves soon!

Yes Its works for me too.

Thanks everyone, I'll try that. Ive been doing the gas-X strips and tums, but its Still not 100%. It's really hard for me to get anything down when I feel like it just sits on my esophagus and burns...

Hi my name is Sharon and I just had the gastric sleeve on the 16th of December. I weighed 251 right after Thanksgiving and am now at 225. I have not had much pain but I am having problems with craving food. I don't feel hungry at all but I do feel empty. I eat or drink my meal and still just feel empty. Is this normal or is it in my head.

I am 10 days post-op and have felt great until the last day or two.......I suddenly have no energy at all........getting in all my Protein + taking B12 sublingual..........just want to stay in bed? Should I be concerned or is this just my body's way of responding to my new lifestyle?

Right there with ya! My Multivitamin and the Life Water I'm drinking are giving me enough B12, should I add a tablet? Maybe it's a lack of protein. I'm not at 60 grams/day yet. I'm around 40.