Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

All, outside of getting in your fluids and Proteins how many calories are you getting a day?

I has always been told that it isn't about the calories...the focus is on the Protein (which I am still struggling with). That being said, I do use My Fitness Pal, so I checked and it looks like I am eating (or drinking rather) about 670 calories a day....tomorrow I move to puréed foods so I am assuming that number might increase by a few.

Yeah that's what NUT told me. Worry about the protein, it is the most important factor to help not lose too much muscle and to help with skin elasticity, healing and hair.

Btw, don't count on getting much more calories in with the pureed stage. Mine has not changed much. Pureed takes up more room than liquid, so you get full much faster.

I went to soft food on Saturday, was okay for one day, but been having difficulty with the food on the soft diet, so on Monday NUT put me back on Pureed til Friday..he said sometimes an additional week helps then you can go forward. So, I make a second attempt this weekend.

Agree. I'm getting in about 600-700 calories a day with about 80grms protein a day, but still dealing with hunger pains. I'll be on full liquids until Jan 2nd. I'm including Soups but still not getting in more than 700 cal a day.

I don't know what happen while trying to reply to JerzeyGurl comment...

Agree. I'm getting in about 600-700 calories a day with about 80grms Protein a day, but still dealing with hunger pains. I'll be on full liquids until Jan 2nd. I'm including Soups but still not getting

Merry Christmas! As I wait for my teenagers to emerge from their beds to open presents (they sleep a little later than when they were little), I am overwhelmed by the opportunity I have been given. So many people long to have WLS and do not have insurance that will cover the cost or the resources to pay for it themselves. How lucky we are to have this chance to change our lives! Only 5 more days until surgery for me!

Wishing you a happy holiday today!

Merry Christmas! As I wait for my teenagers to emerge from their beds to open presents (they sleep a little later than when they were little), I am overwhelmed by the opportunity I have been given. So many people long to have WLS and do not have insurance that will cover the cost or the resources to pay for it themselves. How lucky we are to have this chance to change our lives! Only 5 more days until surgery for me!

--- I was just thinking the same thing and texted my girlfriend about how blessed I feel to have all my quality medical and follow up care fully paid for by empire BCBS NJ

I think sleeve plus hiatal Hernia repair work costs over $20,000 in NJ/NY area -- not to mention the rx and potential ER, hospital stay, and routine follow up appointments and pre op requirements .... All that has to reach up to $50,000 or more in the first year .... Without lottery money or a wealthy husband in my life there is no way I could manage that on my own without adequate insurance

I'm very thankful and I want this surgery to work for me longterm .. Would hate to have gone through all this only to regain again and again and again

I'm 13 days out and can't wait to eat!!!! Lol

Merry Christmas, enjoy your day and fill it with memories of loved ones.

Merry Christmas to you all. May your lives continue to be wonderfully blessed.

Thanks to all of you who share your experiences. My date is just around the corner on this Friday the 27th. The pre op is a lil rough, but yet I am soooooooo exited!

Just think this time next week we can all share our New Year Resolutions and this time if it's to lose weight, be healthy, or more active...for a change IT CAN and WILL COME TRUE!!!!! So keep persevering and conquer one day at a time.

Good morning all!

I had my follow-up yesterday, they posted a 19.5 weightloss for me in the office, starting weight at pre-op appt, with my winter work clothes on. At home I show 17 lbs lost.

So glad to have the staples out, but oy the itchiness has come full force! I keep patting my itches instead of scratching them. They also did the barium leak test, it ws kinda cool seeing my little sleeve. They said liquid was running through quite quickly, which is why I'm not having issues getting my liquids in. Start purée 1/5/14!

Got my 30 min walk in and was 1.26 miles on the treadmill while watching good day.

Getting ready to make some cream butternut squash Soup to take with me for Christmas dinner since I'm on full liquids only. I am planning on focusing on making memories with my family and not on the food. Last night I had made two pans of chicken enchiladas for the inlaws and had my cream soup and a taste of the enchilada sauce. It was good times with my sister in laws. They were so thankful I made the enchiladas, they took care of all the sides. Boy the guacamole was the hardest to resist!

I hardly had any Protein yesterday, just got to busy with last minute errands! But I had 86 oz of liquids, Water and Decaf tea. So at least hydrated!

Hoping everyone safe travels and a wonderful Christmas Day!

--- I was just thinking the same thing and texted my girlfriend about how blessed I feel to have all my quality medical and follow up care fully paid for by empire BCBS NJ

I think sleeve plus hiatal Hernia repair work costs over $20,000 in NJ/NY area -- not to mention the rx and potential ER, hospital stay, and routine follow up appointments and pre op requirements .... All that has to reach up to $50,000 or more in the first year .... Without lottery money or a wealthy husband in my life there is no way I could manage that on my own without adequate insurance

I'm very thankful and I want this surgery to work for me longterm .. Would hate to have gone through all this only to regain again and again and again

I'm 13 days out and can't wait to eat!!!! Lol

Indeed, we are very lucky to have the insurance that we do, to be able to get the surgery. So many others that would love to have it but either have no insurance, can't afford self pay and/or their insurance won't cover it.

I received the explanation of benefits from Horizon BCBC-NJ last week for all my suregery on 12/2, as well as all the pre-admission final testing on 11/27--the total bill was 53K. That doesn't include the cost for prior test that are also related to the surgery: a regular stress test, a nuclear stess test, an echocardiogram and a heart cath; Upper GI, Chest Xray, lab work, 2 visits to the NUT, 2 visits to the surgeon, 1 visit to psychologist, 2 visits to PCP. 2 visits to cardiologist. It also does not include a MRI of the brain, a CT scan of chest/abdomen/pelvis and other lab work--all ordered by my oncologist before he would sign off on VSG surgery. All of this took place between august 15th and December 2nd.

My grand contribution to the above was $120.00 (in copays). Yeah, indeed I am fortunate to have the insurance that I have..and very thankful.

Merry Christmas Sleever Family!

Merry Christmas my fellow December Sleevers!!! May your day be merry and bright!! xxxooo

Merry Christmas to all of you!! I hope you're having a wonderful day filled with happiness and love!!

Quick question sleevers... Do you have any diet instructions for seafood? I'm cleared for baked fish this week and meat, pork and chicken next week. Problem is, I don't see anything on my diet plan for seafood such as crab and lobster. Anyone else have specific instructions for seafood? Thanks!!!

What the HELL can I taste today ? Not even that I want it , its more so because I see it !! I'm nearing the puree stage tomorrow so what can I taste today ? Is this bad or should I not do it ? Hum....

YAY! I have a surgery buddy!! I'm 12/30 too! What a great way to ring in a New Year!!

I'm Dec 30th too, I'm new here :) very exciting way to bring in the new year