Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hi All:

Yeah, even though its in the 40's here today I went for a walk and covered about 7 blocks. This makes me start to feel human again! I have been walking around my house about every hour since getting home, but wasn't able to get out because of the rain.

I hope you all have a very restful and peaceful Christmas!

Hello Everyone

Just got home a short while ago after surgery yesterday morning. All in all everything went very well. The pain has been very manageable and the incisions look good. I feel lucky that I have not had to deal with many of the issues noted in this forum.

I have been very surprised about the lack of gas pain so far. I have a noticeable pain in my shoulder but nothing I need pain meds for. Completed stage 1 & 2 diet while in the hospital today. Starting stage 3, Protein Drinks, broth and Clear Liquids, for the next three weeks.

Hopeful that this good start continues. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!

So who is hungry? Just sleeved on 12/20, and I was fine until my mother brought in all of the Snacks and dips for tomorrow. My husband is cooking dinner, but we are just having tex-mex so he won't start working on it until tomorrow... now the entire family is at Mass and I am in a house full of food I can't eat... oh this vicious head of mine...MERRY Christmas!

All, outside of getting in your fluids and Proteins how many calories are you getting a day?

About 600... but only the calories that are in my liquids ... not really managing that now

I'm afraid I'm not getting enough -- will try to blend up some thinned oatmeal tomorrow with almond milk and Water

I'm afraid to say it may be something like 400 cals on a good day (some clear broth and maybe 1-1.5 Protein Shakes, & green tea)

I don't like sf Jello and the sf pops turn me off after over a week on them

Can't wait to try sf pudding -- hope I can tolerate that better than jello

All, outside of getting in your fluids and Proteins how many calories are you getting a day?

I has always been told that it isn't about the calories...the focus is on the Protein (which I am still struggling with). That being said, I do use My Fitness Pal, so I checked and it looks like I am eating (or drinking rather) about 670 calories a day....tomorrow I move to puréed foods so I am assuming that number might increase by a few.

Holy pre op diet! Today and tomorrow are going to be rough! I have a house full of food for tonight...so hungry. I am trying to be positive and strong. I am really struggling but surgery is so close I am scared to deviate from the plan. AAAHHHH!!!!

I'm sure we will all b busy tomorrow w our families, so to my sleeve family a BIG OLE MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! Lord willing, chat afterwards. 9 days liq, 5 more to go! Gn all:)

My Fitness Pal says I averaged 453 over the last week. Trying to bring that higher, getting 50-60g Protein. Just can't get it all in, and I am even on purées. Sigh. See my NUT Jan 2.

Btwn 600-700 and that's really pushing it.

I has always been told that it isn't about the calories...the focus is on the Protein (which I am still struggling with). That being said, I do use My Fitness Pal, so I checked and it looks like I am eating (or drinking rather) about 670 calories a day....tomorrow I move to puréed foods so I am assuming that number might increase by a few.

Yeah that's what NUT told me. Worry about the protein, it is the most important factor to help not lose too much muscle and to help with skin elasticity, healing and hair.< /p>

Btw, don't count on getting much more calories in with the pureed stage. Mine has not changed much. Pureed takes up more room than liquid, so you get full much faster.

I went to soft food on Saturday, was okay for one day, but been having difficulty with the food on the soft diet, so on Monday NUT put me back on Pureed til Friday..he said sometimes an additional week helps then you can go forward. So, I make a second attempt this weekend.

Edited by Jerzygurl

Six days post-op and first time I slept through the night. Did not wake for pain or peeing. Yeah. Feeling more like myself today. Merry Christmas everyone. God Bless each of you.

I think we have the same sleeve date! Dec. 18th? I know what you mean...the first couple of days were exhausting and painful, but I'm starting to feel much more like myself today. Even drove and ran an errand yesterday! Though everything tires me out far quicker. :-)