Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Super exciting news from the December Pounds Lost thread that I wanted to pass along over here:

We currently have 61 people participating

The total pounds lost goal is 7626

The first official weigh in total is: 316.4

We are at a little over 4% towards the overall goal.

There's still time to join if you haven't done so and want to participate...it's such fun seeing these numbers! The thread is located at: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/288367-december-2013-sleever-pounds-lost-log/

Congratulations to all of you!

Super exciting news from the December Pounds Lost thread that I wanted to pass along over here: We currently have 61 people participating The total pounds lost goal is 7626 The first official weigh in total is: 316.4 We are at a little over 4% towards the overall goal. There's still time to join if you haven't done so and want to participate...it's such fun seeing these numbers! The thread is located at: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/288367-december-2013-sleever-pounds-lost-log/ Congratulations to all of you!

Oh that is great news! Way to go everyone!

Just curious...I am 11 days post-op and today I have been extremely nauseous when I am drinking my meals. It starts from the first sip, so I know I am not drinking too much, but just can't stomach anything today.

Anyone else having that problem? It seems to have just started today...really feel cruddy

I felt sick for the first time this past Friday. Everything had been going very smoothly since surgery. But on Friday, I ate a bite of pureed tuna and immediately felt a wave of nausea. I spit it out and waited for it to pass, it did. It's not like I hadn't had pureed tuna before so it was surprising. I did nothing new that day, it just happened. About 20 minutes later, I finished the tuna with no problem. I contributed it to--the healing process.

I guess our bodies will continue to do strange things because we are still healing and the trauma of surgery is still very close.

Hope you feel better.

Yeah I had my first real nausea today at three weeks out! Took my two HUGE chewable Multivitamins at the same time instead of spreading them out....while I was driving! Will never make that mistake again. I really thought I was gonna have to pull over. Deep breaths saved me.

Day 19 here (12/4/13), and down 16.5 pounds. It's slowing a bit, averaging 3-4 pounds a week now with a large first week's loss... I'm happy about that.

My surgeon puts us on 3 weeks liquids before we can start on the puree stage, and I'm going out of my mind. I'm so sick of sweets, it's driving me nuts. I'm drinking a lot of Soups, and I confess this weekend I ate a small handful of goldfish crackers with my pea Soup. I mashed them up in my mouth until very soft and sipped my soup, so it was like a puree consistency.

I'm just dying to eat something! I cannot wait for Wed. when I can!

Yeah I had my first real nausea today at three weeks out! Took my two HUGE chewable Multivitamins at the same time instead of spreading them out....while I was driving! Will never make that mistake again. I really thought I was gonna have to pull over. Deep breaths saved me.

Oh Jess, I feel your pain! I haven't experienced any nausea until last night taking my multi-vitamins. Mine aren't chewable so I think I drank too much too fast but I really felt like I was going to choke and vomit at the same time (if that's possible.) LESSON LEARNED!!!

I have been taking the flinstone chewables complete. Anyone else?

I took Flinstones Complete prior to surgery, but realized how many other supplements I would have to take along with them that I opted to switch to a one Vitamin A day plan.

Now I am taking Opurity...you get used to the sweet tart taste (I am finally getting used to it...my face isn't all twisting up anymore...lol), but it's one of those a day and then my Calcium chews...easy peasy for me...I just need easy..lol

Day 19 here (12/4/13), and down 16.5 pounds. It's slowing a bit, averaging 3-4 pounds a week now with a large first week's loss... I'm happy about that. My surgeon puts us on 3 weeks liquids before we can start on the puree stage, and I'm going out of my mind. I'm so sick of sweets, it's driving me nuts. I'm drinking a lot of Soups, and I confess this weekend I ate a small handful of goldfish crackers with my pea Soup. I mashed them up in my mouth until very soft and sipped my soup, so it was like a puree consistency. I'm just dying to eat something! I cannot wait for Wed. when I can!

Caligirl...I am counting the hours until Wednesday morning when that first puréed food touches my lips...my husband has the longest grocery list of various items that will be eaten for the next two weeks...I might just have to pet the food until Wednesday...hahaha

Thanks for the responses and suggestions everyone sent. Sorry it's taken so long to respond, I was traveling. I started puréed/soft foods today & it has been great! I had 1 tablespoon of natural Peanut Butter for Breakfast and a mini Babybel cheese for lunch! Still struggling with the Protein Shakes but feel confident I can find something that will work!

Thought I'd share what I saw on Dr. Oz today. He recommended the Fage plain Greek yogurt and said it had 20g of Protein. Anyone who's having trouble with the Protein Shakes, this sounds like an awesome replacement. I haven't tried it myself but will definitely stock up on my next shopping trip!

Day 19 here (12/4/13), and down 16.5 pounds. It's slowing a bit, averaging 3-4 pounds a week now with a large first week's loss... I'm happy about that.

My surgeon puts us on 3 weeks liquids before we can start on the puree stage, and I'm going out of my mind. I'm so sick of sweets, it's driving me nuts. I'm drinking a lot of Soups, and I confess this weekend I ate a small handful of goldfish crackers with my pea Soup. I mashed them up in my mouth until very soft and sipped my soup, so it was like a puree consistency.

I'm just dying to eat something! I cannot wait for Wed. when I can!

--- oh man what I would give for some goldfish or pirate booty or popcorn!!! I'm on 4 weeks liquids and probably wont get to taste tuna or flaky fish until jan 9/10... I may extend my time off from work cause this experience is too physically and mentally draining at this point ...

I'm in ER Now getting fluids possibly due to dehydration and also have tested for low blood sugar

It was great to find this site! I am almost 3 weeks post op, surgery was dec 5th and I'm happy to be down 30lbs.

Hi I had my surgery done on December 18 I am doing very well it's five days out now and I feel great. Day two and three were the hardest for me but that went by quickly. I think it had a little to do with the lady that was in my room with me. She was a year younger and was waiting on a Liver transplant it really got me thinking about life and health. Because I was weak and emotional I thought why did I do this and how come I could not do it on my own. And now I feel so blessed I feel like I have a new start - I feel wonderful and full of energy. Good luck to everyone. ????