Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I was sleeved on 12/18 and I am getting in ZERO Protein !! What kind of protein powders are there that have no taste smell or odor that I can Add to everything in order to get protein ...

I'd be interested in that as well. I do have an unflavored protein, but it wouldn't mix in with anything hot and I ended up chewing little balls of protein (this was pre-op) that made me sick to my stomach...so I am looking for something that dissolves well, or mixes in well and has no taste!

I was sleeved on 12/18 and I am getting in ZERO Protein !! What kind of protein powders are there that have no taste smell or odor that I can Add to everything in order to get protein ...

As for me, preop, I ordered the Unjury chicken Soup n unflavored powder 21g/ serving. The chicken soup mixes very well w just a spoon, no balls, lumps bumps. U can use shaker, I haven't had too. The key is not heating Water ovr 130 degrees. The unflavored is made the same way. Gl, hope it helps.

I'd be interested in that as well. I do have an unflavored Protein, but it wouldn't mix in with anything hot and I ended up chewing little balls of protein (this was pre-op) that made me sick to my stomach...so I am looking for something that dissolves well, or mixes in well and has no taste!

If I find anything I will let you know !!

I'd be interested in that as well. I do have an unflavored protein, but it wouldn't mix in with anything hot and I ended up chewing little balls of protein (this was pre-op) that made me sick to my stomach...so I am looking for something that dissolves well, or mixes in well and has no taste!

I agree with DeezJeans-- Unjury non-flavored is great for mixing well with anything I've tried so far. As she said, you can't heat on high or the protein will coagulate and you'll wind up chewing it. Yeck.

Unjury says to keep the temperature below 140 degrees

I'm up tomorrow along with a number of other sleevers-- good luck to us all!

I was just reading some of the older portions of this thread, looking for similarities in what has been reported. Not surprising, the one thing that I am going to hold on to over the next week is the message that "It will get better. The discomfort is only temporary." I'm counting on this one.

Again, thanks for all of the posts that you've all made as this really has greased the skids, so to speak, for the rest of us.

My surgery is at 7:15 in the morning. I'll post as I can and appreciate prayers from any of you.

Very nervous and starving! Ive had diarrhea all day today day 2 of full liquid pre op

I was just reading some of the older portions of this thread, looking for similarities in what has been reported. Not surprising, the one thing that I am going to hold on to over the next week is the message that "It will get better. The discomfort is only temporary." I'm counting on this one.

Again, thanks for all of the posts that you've all made as this really has greased the skids, so to speak, for the rest of us.

My surgery is at 7:15 in the morning. I'll post as I can and appreciate prayers from any of you.

Yeah us! I'm nervous and excited. Can't wait to sit on the happily-sleeved-and-recovering-smoothly bench!

Prayers to you!! You'll do great!!

I finally feel human again! Ugh...as bad as it was, I feel so much better today, day #9.

So far no nausea today. I'm on my second shake. Even some ounces of Water went down fine. So glad!

Pain has greatly reduced to tolerable.

I'm so sorry I was not able to keep the list updated for everyone else having surgery this past week and into this week.

Good luck and speedy recoveries to everyone going tomorrow!

Welcome to all of the new folks!

I'm able to move to soft foods this week. Tried Soup yesterday, but was a bad day in general. I don't think it was soup related. I will try either the ricotta bake or some refried Beans tomorrow.

I'm down 27 pounds in just over 3 weeks (with a 2 week preop).

Have you guys tried the Syntrax Nectars? If not you definitely should! They are DELICIOUS. Not thick like shakes, they are JUICY tasting and thin like juice, you cannot tell there is protein in it. Well at least I can't! The only tell-tale sign is that you get a little foam on the top after mixing but you can skim that off. My favorite is the Fuzzy Navel, especially for Breakfast. Tastes like a nice juice glass of peachy Tang... anyone remember Tang?? LOL. You can experiment with the flavors, add some Crystal Light or Mio and create your own flavors. Someplace online I forget where sells a sample pack of all flavors. Seriously I swear by the stuff, it's that good. You get your protein and Water in, boom.

Hey Simpley_ke, sorry to hear your having such a hard time getting in your protein. I've been using the Syntrax Nectar. I like the fruity flavors and the drinks are thin, and mixes well. Also I really like Chike. It mixes well and is thicker than nectar but I really like the flavors. The banana is yummy. Have you tried the hot chocolate or Soups by Healthwise? Their good and comes in in good flavors. I like Tomato Soup the best. I can tolerate room temperature or below 140 degrees but cold makes my stomach cramp. Before my surgery I did a lot of research on Protein Drinks. I was very nervous about not being able to tolerate anything either. I was able to order variety packs so I wouldn't have to buy a big tub of any one thing. I order from Nashua.com. Hope this helps. It will get better. The recovery is a slow process. This is silly but every since I got home from the hospital I stand to drink anything. I just thought it would be easier on my stomach. So far it is working.