Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I had my first surgery for the lap band on May 17 2012 I lost for sure. I was down to about 210 or so. I then had a slip and opted to have the second surgery to go to the sleeve. Which I had on Dec 16 and now I'm down to 196. I have longed to see the scale below

No doubt u WILL C IT, CONGRATSS!!!

I had my surfer yesterday. I could not stay awake I was so sleepy all day. I did walk four laps. Pain well I keep pressing my pump my left side hurt specially when I cough. Water feels kind of heavy so I just sip. Other that I'm ok. Hope everyone is doing great.

Hi girls, I am also with dr. Cohen. I'm at memorial pembrook. Was sleeved on dec. 20. Will possibly be discharged today. I'm in a lot of pain, much more than I had expected. I just tried my first roxicet for pain, up until now, I've been on morphine every 3 hours. broth and Water makes me nautious, pain meds make me nautious, And my stomach feels like the muscles have all been torn especially on the left side where they pulled the tummy through. I know that there's light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm looking forward to it. Just trying to breathe and take it day by day!! This seriously makes me rethink considering getting a pannulectomy after I loose the weight. Stomach pain is no joke and you use your stomach for everything!

------

Feel better!! I was on dilaudid for first 2 days every 4 hours --- loved it!! They moved me to roxicet claiming i cant go home with dilaudid which wasn't strong enough but I suffered through ...also had hiatal hernia repair (ouch!!!!!!)

It gets better with time ... I'm 10 days out today and feeling little to no pain just lack of energy ... Can't wait to get to soft solids

You already look so slim in your avatar

I wish they put me on dilauded, because the morphine didnt seem to work. This roxicet kicked in and feels better than anything else they've given me so far. I think I was just on the wrong pain med. going to try some broth now and see how that goes.

I woke up this morning hungry. Yep hungry, my gut feels empty but I can't fill it. But nothing sounds good either. So I'm just confused. Would love to chew something but afraid I would become nauseated. Anyone on this thread in East Tennessee. My surgeon is dr. Williams?

I woke up this morning hungry. Yep hungry, my gut feels empty but I can't fill it. But nothing sounds good either. So I'm just confused. Would love to chew something but afraid I would become nauseated. Anyone on this thread in East Tennessee. My surgeon is dr. Williams?

You're describing what a few of us are feeling! I just made a reply to a post about this a few posts back on the thread... ^^^

I have no hunger pains but mentally I want to eat. However my incision is letting me know that I better just stick to the liquids and be done with it... I read all of the stories that people were told to go on a pre-liquid diet before their surgery date. I went on a one day liquid diet and my surgeon stated I did great. She said my liver was perfect, she asked me if I drank alcohol. I am not a drinker or a smoker I live a clean life. (I don't judge those that do. I'm just letting you know what works for my life)

I am also dealing with head hunger, it's a tough little bugger! I am on a soft diet right now, and am learning the hard way to slow down to eat. Lots of discomfort! It's funny how surgeons differ so much with their pre op and post op plans. I had to do a week of Clear Liquids prior to surgery, I hated every minute of it!

I would have fainted on clear liquids for a week with my normal pre op stomach ... My surgeon only required 1 day liquids pre op (still tough) then 7 days clear postop --- eventually became super weak on day 6 and started full liquids which helped a bit

I've been blending my RTD Protein Drinks (GNC lean vanilla bean) with baby food like banana or mango or pear - dash with powdered nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla extract

Deeeeeeelish!! Will try adding Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt soon with or without the baby food

Need some suggestions....I'm 6 days post op and feel like I'm struggling! I am basically living on SF pudding and juice. I've tried a couple different Protein Shakes since I've been home & they make me gag! I've gotten some cream Soups down but I don't like them. I'm just feeling a little down. I can start puréed food tomorrow so I'm hoping that will help.

I am also dealing with head hunger, it's a tough little bugger! I am on a soft diet right now, and am learning the hard way to slow down to eat. Lots of discomfort! It's funny how surgeons differ so much with their pre op and post op plans. I had to do a week of clear liquids prior to surgery, I hated every minute of it!

Yeah I hear ya, I have to do 2 wks! Today is day 7, its hard as heck and postop I'm 2 more wks, Grrr. Gl w ur postop, we know that yall can do it, ur leading the way for the rest of us. And I Thank yall for posting n sharing the ups n downs w us all. THANKS POSTOPS!!

Need some suggestions....I'm 6 days post op and feel like I'm struggling! I am basically living on SF pudding and juice. I've tried a couple different Protein Shakes since I've been home & they make me gag! I've gotten some cream Soups down but I don't like them. I'm just feeling a little down. I can start puréed food tomorrow so I'm hoping that will help.

Hi, MGR1852. I felt the same way. And I'm still struggling. I googled every single Protein Shake I could find. I hate all of the Protein powders that I have tried. And I have spent a fortune in the past 20 days trying them all. I found a ready to drink shake at costco that is my favorite. It's called Premiere Protein shakes in chocolate. I'm not usually a chocolate fan but I like these. I feel like it leaves a funny taste in my throat but I think that about Water now, too. That could just be me. I'm not hungry and I'm struggling to get the protein in. I start puréed tomorrow too and I can't even bring myself to get excited about it because it doesn't mean anything to me yet.

Well the good news is I had a bowel movement. Four days post op. Yeah. I had a shower to. Oh boy, that felt good. In reading recent posts I see a lot of people have only two weeks post op liquid diet. I have four weeks ugh. Also my psoriatic arthritis is better. I'm not in as much pain and my red areas look better and is not itching. Has anyone else had their arthritis doing better?

Well the good news is I had a bowel movement. Four days post op. Yeah. I had a shower to. Oh boy, that felt good. In reading recent posts I see a lot of people have only two weeks post op liquid diet. I have four weeks ugh. Also my psoriatic arthritis is better. I'm not in as much pain and my red areas look better and is not itching. Has anyone else had their arthritis doing better?

FOUR WEEKS!!!??? God bless you, you're in my thoughts!!!

I have to stay a extra day = (. I have hiccups bad it feels like I'm going tear inside.

I found a clear Protein Drink that my new tummy tolerates! Isopure makes a Protein drink that's clear. It's $5 a bottle but it has 40 grams of protein per bottle. I'll probably be sipping on it all day.

I was sleeved on 12/18 and I am getting in ZERO Protein !! What kind of protein powders are there that have no taste smell or odor that I can Add to everything in order to get protein ...