Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Thank you for the responses. I'm glad to be part of such a supportive group. Can someone help me find the link to the weight loss thread? Thank you.

Atlanta red hope the new meds are helping you by now, I'm so sorry you had to go thru all that today, at least I hope it's working.

My prayers for a restful night and that you wake up feeling brand new

Thank you so much for the well wishes. The pain meds do seem to be helping but I'm having terrible nausea, burping and burning. I'm on protonix and now carafate to help with reflux and zofran for the nausea but having a hard time getting it to ease.

Hoping things calm overnight for a brand new day!

Thank you for the responses. I'm glad to be part of such a supportive group. Can someone help me find the link to the weight loss thread? Thank you.

Hi! MinWin started that thread. You can do a search for her threads or posts. I'm not at my computer so don't have access to link it for you.

I was sleeved Dec 17 as well. I'm having some of the same problems you all are having. my stomach feels right and bloated. I have all sorts of rumbling noises. and have terrible gas. I try to drink 4oz of Water every hour and so far I can get 32oz in. today I'm suppose to go to full liquids and tried a Unjury Protein shake. the taste was ok but I could only do 4oz. if I could just get rid of the gas. burping hurts so much. I don't know if I said anything to help anyone but it's comforting to know we are in it together.

Here ya go Jaime....

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/288367-december-2013-sleever-pounds-lost-log/

Also, for everyone participating...I'm going to report the first official 'weekly' pounds lost on Sunday, so if you can, post your pounds lost on that thread, and I'll make sure to include it in the numbers on Sunday. I think it's going to be pretty impressive!

Here ya go Jaime.... http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/288367-december-2013-sleever-pounds-lost-log/ Also, for everyone participating...I'm going to report the first official 'weekly' pounds lost on Sunday, so if you can, post your pounds lost on that thread, and I'll make sure to include it in the numbers on Sunday. I think it's going to be pretty impressive!

Sundays are going to be my official weigh in days and measurements. But I will weigh Saturday so I can be added, unless you are doing later in day on Sundays?

Hi I'm Jennifer. I was sleeved on the 17th and and am back at home, still not 100% but feeling better by minute by minute. I was sleeved at Fraedtert Hospital in Milwaukee by Dr. Wallace, who was amazing by the way. My main issue right now is that I am having trouble getting all of my liquids in. I feel like I was sipping all day and only got it about 32 ounces, if not less. How is everyone else doing with their liquid intake? I'm also having more pain than I anticipated at my incision sites but they're not red or swollen or hot or anything so I'm thinking all is well. I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to pain anyway!

Hi Jennifer, I am probably about the same as you. Did well the first day and they let me go home (my choice) but had a rough second day, today is better but I really only got in 34 ounces and probably 20 gms of it at most were Protein, Water and broth seem to be most interesting to me and I have had a bit more pain than anticipated, did take pain meds a few times, sleeping seems to help, I am anticipating that tomorrow will be better.

Sundays are going to be my official weigh in days and measurements. But I will weigh Saturday so I can be added, unless you are doing later in day on Sundays?

I rethought it as many people will have Sunday be their weigh in day....so I will post the pounds lost on Monday's! But no worries...it's cumulative so if you don't get your numbers to me one week, it will certainly be included the next week!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the well wishes. Surgery was yesterday morning at 9. I was so tired before that from going to bed so late (work) and getting up so early to get to the hospital. The hospital and staff were amazing. Even though there are closer hospitals, given a choice, I will go back there! Surgery went well. He found out that I have a congenital birth defect! I have a diaphragmatic hernia (hernia/opening in my diaphragm. He said he could only do one or the other so he did the sleeve and said I would need to get the hernia fixed at some point. Due to my previous terrible recoveries I made sure they did all they could do. I took the emend when I got to the hospital, then they gave me of ran under the tongue and patch behind the ear. I still woke up a bit sick but nothing like before and it didn't last long. I have 5 incisions. One on my right side where he pulled out the stomach hurts the most. I was on dilaudid at the hospital. I was in no pain as long as I didn't move! I had some gas pain just in mid chest. I did take a gasx. Not sure if that helped or if it just went away on its own. I peed all night long, almost every hour. I was able to do it all myself but needed help reconnecting the SCD boots. I would get up, go to the bathroom, quick walk down the hall, pee again and then get back in bed. I am very fortunate in that I can drink pretty easily. I have to stop myself because too many sips causes a bit of pain in my chest but I'm even able to drink my shakes. I hated everything they gave me as it was all sugar free. I tasted all of it just to see if I could tolerate it, and I could. When I got home, I made a shake with a dose of Miralax as I want stay on top of that. I'm pretty much staying put in the recliner in my bedroom. I only take the dilaudid when I have pain while not moving. No catheter, no drain. I don't know when I will be able to add the new people to the list. If someone wants to copy and paste the most recent list into a new reply, they can also add the new folks. I hope everyone is doing well on their preops and postops!

Very happy to hear you are doing well, I've been thinking about you and praying for an easy recovery!

I'm recovering well in the hospital! I'll get discharged tonight. I passed my barium leak test, and I'm tolerating Water well. Wooho!

Woohoo!! Happy to hear you are doing well. Can't wait for the losing to start!! Sending prayers for an easy recovery, welcome to the losers bench, happy to have you :)

So I saw my surgeon today concerning pain control. I had asked him to have a backup plan as I have known issues with pain meds not working. He didn't have a bakup plan and I think there was a misunderstanding and they thought I had taken all of the dilaudid and wanted more. I gold him I still had half a bottle left and showed him. So I have been in a decline since the initial numbing from surgery started wearing off Tuesday. I can recline (pushed way back)and I can lay flat but sitting up, standing, getting up and down, hurts! So I haven't been able to sit up for more than 15 min but because he didn't have a backup plan, I had to drive 1 hour to his office, sit 30 min in the waiting room and then sit 15 in the exam room. Then he gave me new meds, told us to drop off the scripts and go to lunch. I said, lunch? He said, or a smoothie or Protein Drink. Drove another hour towards home. Went in to fill meds and Wal-Mart didn't have 2. Had to go to an apothecary shop and sit 20 min then drive home. By the time I got home, it had been 5 hours! For the first time, I was starving! I ate a couple of bites of applesauce and then took the carafate, roxicet and oxycontin. Hoping this helps and hoping I fall asleep and start all over.

I'm sorry to hear about your day, how stressful. I'm praying your pain is better!!

So I saw my surgeon today concerning pain control. I had asked him to have a backup plan as I have known issues with pain meds not working. He didn't have a bakup plan and I think there was a misunderstanding and they thought I had taken all of the dilaudid and wanted more. I gold him I still had half a bottle left and showed him. So I have been in a decline since the initial numbing from surgery started wearing off Tuesday. I can recline (pushed way back)and I can lay flat but sitting up, standing, getting up and down, hurts! So I haven't been able to sit up for more than 15 min but because he didn't have a backup plan, I had to drive 1 hour to his office, sit 30 min in the waiting room and then sit 15 in the exam room. Then he gave me new meds, told us to drop off the scripts and go to lunch. I said, lunch? He said, or a smoothie or Protein drink. Drove another hour towards home. Went in to fill meds and Wal-Mart didn't have 2. Had to go to an apothecary shop and sit 20 min then drive home. By the time I got home, it had been 5 hours! For the first time, I was starving! I ate a couple of bites of applesauce and then took the carafate, roxicet and oxycontin. Hoping this helps and hoping I fall asleep and start all over.

I'm sorry you had such a long and frustrating day, as if recovery isn't hard enough!! Praying your pain gets better, thinking about you and sending hugs!

To All of you postops n trail blazers...I pray that you have a great weekend filled w great success. May u continue to heal and Ty 4 sharing you experience w us soon to be's. Have an awesome weekend to you All. Plz say a little prayer that I will make it threw this weekend on this 2 wk preop. Day 5, 8 lbs down but weekends are usually when we eat Chinese buffet and altho I'm not hungry, my thots of what I'm missing is killing me. Ugh. Dec 40th, come on. Gl and grats u all:)

I really appreciate all of your uplifting posts!! You are a very kind person. Well wishes to you as well, I'm excited for your surgery!

Surgery was Wednesday , and I'm still in the hospital. Not getting nearly enough fluids so I will be here for a day or so more. Hopefully ill be good by Christmas. Keep me in your prayers !! Good Luck to everyone who had surgery today , you will continue to be in my prayers ..

Prayers, prayers and more prayers. You can do this!! Hugs to you!!

Hey everyone 12/16 sleever here. Sorry I'm just now posting. But everything went well no hernia repair. Still have soreness and a lil gassy. Taking my Roxicet only at night. I'm good throughout the day. It does hurt when I am getting up out of bed and when I turn from right side to left side. My incisions are scratchy and it's sux to cough! I've been taking it really easy laying around and walking that's it. My parents have been a big help when my fiancé is at work. I'm truly blessed. No regrets! I've went back and forth about WLS for years it was my turn, I went thru it and now I'm ready for the next steps. Good luck to all my other 12/16 sleevers hope you all are doing ok or on your way to a good recovery. To all you who are 12/17, 12/18, 12/19 and 12/20 sleevers I'm praying for you all and wishing you all nothing but success!

Happy to hear from you, so glad you are doing well. Happy to hear no regrets, it's tough to have such a good attitude when you don't feel your best! Excited for all of your upcoming success :)