Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I'm using syntax nectar, they have fruity flavors and sweet. Also it's a thin not thick which I like better. Roadside lemonaid and Twisted cherry are my favorite. I ordered a variety sample pack. Each pack has 23gm of Protein. I also like the hot chocolate.< /p>

Oh I LOVE the Syntrax Nectars! Such a nice break from the thick stuff. They're so nice and juicy. I love the Fuzzy Navel and the Vanilla Bean Torte. The Vanilla tastes so decadent and is good thin with Water on it's own or mixed with other flavors or even mixed with milk or added to other powders. Good stuff!

EDIT: I wanted to add that nothing about my taste after surgery has changed one bit so far. I thought I was making a mistake by stocking up on a supply of different products for post but there is nothing I don't like. I'm happy about this because I can actually use all the stuff I already have without gagging but not happy because I may still like all the old foods I used to... hmmm

Edited by QueenCityGal

Oh I LOVE the Syntrax Nectars! Such a nice break from the thick stuff. They're so nice and juicy. I love the Fuzzy Navel and the vanilla Bean Torte. The Vanilla tastes so decadent and is good thin with Water on it's own or mixed with other flavors or even mixed with milk or added to other powders. Good stuff!

EDIT: I wanted to add that nothing about my taste after surgery has changed one bit so far. I thought I was making a mistake by stocking up on a supply of different products for post but there is nothing I don't like. I'm happy about this because I can actually use all the stuff I already have without gagging but not happy because I may still like all the old foods I used to... hmmm

Hey Queen, Tysm for that info. Ive been on this site since I started the journey in May this Yr n ur the first I've read whose said that about ur taste. Actually, I'm glad to read that bc I was just thinking about that not even 10' ago! I don't want mine to change, I just want the tool to help me to manage over doing it on the things that I do enjoy. So, for me, I'm smiling big bout what u wrote :)))). N congrats on all of ur success thus far!

Hey Queen, Tysm for that info. Ive been on this site since I started the journey in May this Yr n ur the first I've read whose said that about ur taste. Actually, I'm glad to read that bc I was just thinking about that not even 10' ago! I don't want mine to change, I just want the tool to help me to manage over doing it on the things that I do enjoy. So, for me, I'm smiling big bout what u wrote :)))). N congrats on all of ur success thus far!

Haha thanks Dee glad I could give a smile :lol: Yeah it's weird I actually like some of the stuff BETTER than before. I'm a freak of nature what can I say!!

Oh and PS: I asked my surgeon for pictures and he happily gave them to me! It's all recorded anyway so all they have to do is print snapshots. Let me tell you that my monster stomach was just that... the ALIEN!! Soooo glad that thing is gone haha... I swear it had teeth!! Muaahahaaa

So I saw my surgeon today concerning pain control. I had asked him to have a backup plan as I have known issues with pain meds not working. He didn't have a bakup plan and I think there was a misunderstanding and they thought I had taken all of the dilaudid and wanted more. I gold him I still had half a bottle left and showed him.

So I have been in a decline since the initial numbing from surgery started wearing off Tuesday. I can recline (pushed way back)and I can lay flat but sitting up, standing, getting up and down, hurts! So I haven't been able to sit up for more than 15 min but because he didn't have a backup plan, I had to drive 1 hour to his office, sit 30 min in the waiting room and then sit 15 in the exam room. Then he gave me new meds, told us to drop off the scripts and go to lunch. I said, lunch? He said, or a smoothie or Protein Drink.

Drove another hour towards home. Went in to fill meds and Wal-Mart didn't have 2. Had to go to an apothecary shop and sit 20 min then drive home. By the time I got home, it had been 5 hours!

For the first time, I was starving! I ate a couple of bites of applesauce and then took the carafate, roxicet and oxycontin. Hoping this helps and hoping I fall asleep and start all over.

To All of you postops n trail blazers...I pray that you have a great weekend filled w great success. May u continue to heal and Ty 4 sharing you experience w us soon to be's. Have an awesome weekend to you All. Plz say a little prayer that I will make it threw this weekend on this 2 wk preop. Day 5, 8 lbs down but weekends are usually when we eat Chinese buffet and altho I'm not hungry, my thots of what I'm missing is killing me. Ugh. Dec 40th, come on. Gl and grats u all:)

So I saw my surgeon today concerning pain control. I had asked him to have a backup plan as I have known issues with pain meds not working. He didn't have a bakup plan and I think there was a misunderstanding and they thought I had taken all of the dilaudid and wanted more. I gold him I still had half a bottle left and showed him.

So I have been in a decline since the initial numbing from surgery started wearing off Tuesday. I can recline (pushed way back)and I can lay flat but sitting up, standing, getting up and down, hurts! So I haven't been able to sit up for more than 15 min but because he didn't have a backup plan, I had to drive 1 hour to his office, sit 30 min in the waiting room and then sit 15 in the exam room. Then he gave me new meds, told us to drop off the scripts and go to lunch. I said, lunch? He said, or a smoothie or Protein drink.

Drove another hour towards home. Went in to fill meds and Wal-Mart didn't have 2. Had to go to an apothecary shop and sit 20 min then drive home. By the time I got home, it had been 5 hours!

For the first time, I was starving! I ate a couple of bites of applesauce and then took the carafate, roxicet and oxycontin. Hoping this helps and hoping I fall asleep and start all over.

I'm so sry that your havn such a tuff time Atlanta. But know that we prayed that all wud b well b4 u went in and altho its tuff right now, don't let Satan make u regret ur decision. You made it threw the surgery, n now ur havn a little bump in the road, just s bump, don't let it defeat ur mind, hence the healing process. I'll keep u in prayer as Ik all of us will, just try the new meds, dont beat urself up, n take one day at a time n BELIEVE, that u will overcome this. It will pass n ull b the better for the experience. Just know that all of us are different no matter how alike the surgery is. No1 knows what will happen until it's over and w that said, just keep plugging ahead. YOU CAN N WILL DO THIS, its not in the cards for u not too. God bless and chin UP!!

Surgery was Wednesday , and I'm still in the hospital. Not getting nearly enough fluids so I will be here for a day or so more. Hopefully ill be good by Christmas. Keep me in your prayers !! Good Luck to everyone who had surgery today , you will continue to be in my prayers ..

I'm so sry that your havn such a tuff time Atlanta. But know that we prayed that all wud b well b4 u went in and altho its tuff right now, don't let Satan make u regret ur decision. You made it threw the surgery, n now ur havn a little bump in the road, just s bump, don't let it defeat ur mind, hence the healing process. I'll keep u in prayer as Ik all of us will, just try the new meds, dont beat urself up, n take one day at a time n BELIEVE, that u will overcome this. It will pass n ull b the better for the experience. Just know that all of us are different no matter how alike the surgery is. No1 knows what will happen until it's over and w that said, just keep plugging ahead. YOU CAN N WILL DO THIS, its not in the cards for u not too. God bless and chin UP!!

Thank you so much. You are always right there with positive words and thoughts for everyone. I don't have regrets. Just hoping to move past this phase. Hopefully thus round if meds will do the trick.

Hey everyone 12/16 sleever here. Sorry I'm just now posting. But everything went well no hernia repair. Still have soreness and a lil gassy. Taking my Roxicet only at night. I'm good throughout the day. It does hurt when I am getting up out of bed and when I turn from right side to left side. My incisions are scratchy and it's sux to cough! I've been taking it really easy laying around and walking that's it. My parents have been a big help when my fiancé is at work. I'm truly blessed. No regrets! I've went back and forth about WLS for years it was my turn, I went thru it and now I'm ready for the next steps. Good luck to all my other 12/16 sleevers hope you all are doing ok or on your way to a good recovery. To all you who are 12/17, 12/18, 12/19 and 12/20 sleevers I'm praying for you all and wishing you all nothing but success!

hello. I am new to this group, but I am very interested in learning from everyone. I had my gastric sleeve on 12/2/13. I know that it's going to be the best thing I'll ever do for myself. I am struggling getting in all of my Protein and I am beyond exhausted everyday. I went back to work on 12/16. Has anyone else experienced this? I would take all the advice I can get. Thank you in advance.

hello. I am new to this group, but I am very interested in learning from everyone. I had my gastric sleeve on 12/2/13. I know that it's going to be the best thing I'll ever do for myself. I am struggling getting in all of my Protein and I am beyond exhausted everyday. I went back to work on 12/16. Has anyone else experienced this? I would take all the advice I can get. Thank you in advance.

I was sleeved on 12/16 and since I have been home I have been feeling very tired with no energy. Today I took some liquid B12 and I have so much energy today. And the B12 strawberry flavored liquid that I had tasted pretty good

So I have been in a decline since the initial numbing from surgery started wearing off Tuesday. I can recline (pushed way back)and I can lay flat but sitting up, standing, getting up and down, hurts! So I haven't been able to sit up for more than 15 min but because he didn't have a backup plan, I had to drive 1 hour to his office, sit 30 min in the waiting room and then sit 15 in the exam room. Then he gave me new meds, told us to drop off the scripts and go to lunch. I said, lunch? He said, or a smoothie or Protein drink.

I hope you are feeling better soon, that sounds rough - I still have no desire to even leave the house yet - maybe tomorrow?

Hi Jaime...I was sleeved on the 11th, and am scheduled to return to work on Monday. My boss said that if I needed more time, it wouldn't be a problem....but I don't feel ready to go back. Right now I am able to get my 10 minute walks in, but the pain in the large incision starts after about 5 or 6 minutes. I can't imagine being on my feet sitting for 8 hours.

Also, I am able to get in only 3 shakes a day for a grand protein total of about 50 g a day. I am SO full all of the time, the I just don't want to drink anymore. It's tough for sure!

Good luck to you...glad that you are here...if you want to participate on the pounds lost forum, jump over to that thread...we're having a blast over there already!

Hi Jaime...I was sleeved on the 11th, and am scheduled to return to work on Monday. My boss said that if I needed more time, it wouldn't be a problem....but I don't feel ready to go back. Right now I am able to get my 10 minute walks in, but the pain in the large incision starts after about 5 or 6 minutes. I can't imagine being on my feet sitting for 8 hours.

Also, I am able to get in only 3 shakes a day for a grand protein total of about 50 g a day. I am SO full all of the time, the I just don't want to drink anymore. It's tough for sure!

Good luck to you...glad that you are here...if you want to participate on the pounds lost forum, jump over to that thread...we're having a blast over there already!

Hi All:

I like MnWin am having a terrible time getting the liquids in. After following the plan for liquids for only one hour I feel like my stomach will burst from pressure. Been trying gas x strips. Due to the nausea I had day 2 and 3 I won't take any pain meds stronger than liquid tylenol. Is there anyone else out there that encountered this at the first and saw it get better? I very discouraged and teary because I feel so much pressure in my stomach. At this point if I could undo this surgery I would in a second.

Hi All: I like MnWin am having a terrible time getting the liquids in. After following the plan for liquids for only one hour I feel like my stomach will burst from pressure. Been trying gas x strips. Due to the nausea I had day 2 and 3 I won't take any pain meds stronger than liquid tylenol. Is there anyone else out there that encountered this at the first and saw it get better? I very discouraged and teary because I feel so much pressure in my stomach. At this point if I could undo this surgery I would in a second.

Cabstewart....I felt a tremendous amount of pressure in my tummy after eating, and even just walking...it just felt like my tummy was 'hard' if that makes sense, around the incision. It's getting much better now...it just takes time...

I read this which helps put things in perspective...while our tummies are freshly surgeried, out teeny tine tummies are the size of a #2 pencil. Once the swelling goes down, our teeny tiny tummies will be the size of a Sharpie marker...that's probably why they say to do an 8 oz shake in an hour...

Keep on keeping on....short term pain for long term gain my friend!