Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Okay, so I've decided on a theory. My theory is that whatever they numbed me with for surgery started wearing off Tuesday evening. That's when my pain started increasing. I got out of the house fir the first time yesterday, took 2 dilaudid before going, didn't last very long and had increased pain for the rest of the day.

Also, had originally tolerated my Vitamins and am no longer.

This is frustrating as my 2 appts w my surgeon focused on pain control as I have issues with pain meds not working. I begged him to have a backup plan in case the dilaudid didn't work. He us an hour away and I told him my pcp was willing to help prescribe meds at his request because clearly if I was calling due to pain, I wouldnt really be looming to drive for 2 hours while my pcp is around the corner.

So, now I have to go to his office tomorrow and bring my meds so he can see that I haven't taken them all and am asking for more! My pcp could do that too.

I can't get my walks because I'm in too much pain when not reclined. I can barely sit jingle any time. I wasn't even going to get time off if work (working from home 4 hours each night) but got off a week. Supposed to start back Sunday.

So frustrated as he told me he believed me about pain control and it wouldn't be a problem.

I am from Oregon but traveled to Florida to have surgery. My Bestee lives there and I was able to get right in for surgery. I flew in on Sunday evening, had all my tests done on Monday and had surgery Tuesday morning. One week out I had lost 18 pounds and 3 days later I flew back to Oregon. I am 53 years young and have gone up and down with my weight all my life. I feel like this surgery has given me a opportunity to pay more attention to my stomach and the feeling of being full and to stop eating when I feel that way. I am dealing with the head hunger thing but I just keep in mind that its only in my mouth for a second and I am 25 pounds down already and that in itself feels better than anything I could eat! I am 16 days out and it gets easier by the day. Although Christmas is around the corner, I just keep telling myself how great that it will be that I won't gain weight this year over the holiday for the first time in my life. Oh.... And my daughter is getting married in Hawaii in June and even though my X's wife is as skinny as a bean, I will feel good about myself and the progress I have made! 6 months.... Hummmm... I wonder what I will weigh? I know it will be less than I was 16 days ago....MY advice for today ....Never trust a fart! Cheers my fellow Dec. sleevers!

Hello December sleeves...

I just had my surgery December 17. Came home from the hospital on the 18.

It's been interesting do far. My abdominal cavity was filed with gas and our hurts like crazy to pass it. How long will it be before it's

Gosh AtlantaRed...Sorry to hear you are having so much pain...When I left the hospital (1 night stay) They told me to just take Tylenol or Advil. And my Dr. told me not to start my vit. until about 10 days out.. I spent a good week after surgery doing lots of laying down ... Maybe you are pushing yourself to hard... Good luck

Okay, so I've decided on a theory. My theory is that whatever they numbed me with for surgery started wearing off Tuesday evening. That's when my pain started increasing. I got out of the house fir the first time yesterday, took 2 dilaudid before going, didn't last very long and had increased pain for the rest of the day.

Also, had originally tolerated my Vitamins and am no longer.

This is frustrating as my 2 appts w my surgeon focused on pain control as I have issues with pain meds not working. I begged him to have a backup plan in case the dilaudid didn't work. He us an hour away and I told him my pcp was willing to help prescribe meds at his request because clearly if I was calling due to pain, I wouldnt really be looming to drive for 2 hours while my pcp is around the corner.

So, now I have to go to his office tomorrow and bring my meds so he can see that I haven't taken them all and am asking for more! My pcp could do that too.

I can't get my walks because I'm in too much pain when not reclined. I can barely sit jingle any time. I wasn't even going to get time off if work (working from home 4 hours each night) but got off a week. Supposed to start back Sunday.

So frustrated as he told me he believed me about pain control and it wouldn't be a problem.

Hi everyone!

I am back in the land of the moving....and am so glad to keep seeing the posts here! I see that we have a bunch of new friends here, and I just wanted to pass along the thread where we are keeping track as a group of how many pounds we are losing together, in the event you are interested in joining:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/288367-december-2013-sleever-pounds-lost-log/

If you are interested in participating, please jump over there and join up! We're getting some pretty incredible numbers so far!

Hello everyone I was sleeved this past Monday on Dec 16th. I'm trying to get into the swing of things. So far so good! Sw: 366 pre-op... day of surgery: 340... CW: 314... GW: 175 Just want to send well wishes & a speedy recovery to you all. :)

You post 26 pounds in 2 days? Wow that's a lot.

Hello tomorrow's group of lucky sleevers, 12/20/13, I pray that u have a restful nite and a very successful surgery n healthy event free recovery! Let us know how u all are whenever ur able:). Take care and keep the losers bench warm for the rest of us. Gn all!

Good for you! You are doing great! I'm 6 days out and not even close to where you are!

Still taking a nap daily, oh and just yesterday was only able to do 1 oz every 30, then after nap was able to get in 2oz so it is day by day changing. My incisions are itching like crazy!

Wishing you well and that you will see you probably are improving daily!

Hi sleevers!

I'm Raine. I just joined the site. I've been reading your posts for about a month. so helpful. My surgery is on 12/23 and I'm freaking happy and freaking out. :D I cannot believe I am here. So happy to be a December Sleever. I prayed for a Dec. date and got it.

Okay, so I've decided on a theory. My theory is that whatever they numbed me with for surgery started wearing off Tuesday evening. That's when my pain started increasing. I got out of the house fir the first time yesterday, took 2 dilaudid before going, didn't last very long and had increased pain for the rest of the day. Also, had originally tolerated my Vitamins and am no longer. This is frustrating as my 2 appts w my surgeon focused on pain control as I have issues with pain meds not working. I begged him to have a backup plan in case the dilaudid didn't work. He us an hour away and I told him my pcp was willing to help prescribe meds at his request because clearly if I was calling due to pain, I wouldnt really be looming to drive for 2 hours while my pcp is around the corner. So, now I have to go to his office tomorrow and bring my meds so he can see that I haven't taken them all and am asking for more! My pcp could do that too. I can't get my walks because I'm in too much pain when not reclined. I can barely sit jingle any time. I wasn't even going to get time off if work (working from home 4 hours each night) but got off a week. Supposed to start back Sunday. So frustrated as he told me he believed me about pain control and it wouldn't be a problem.

Oh dear, I hope the dr can get this worked out. Being in pain should not be happening! Good luck.

Hi sleevers!

I'm Raine. I just joined the site. I've been reading your posts for about a month. so helpful. My surgery is on 12/23 and I'm freaking happy and freaking out. :D I cannot believe I am here. So happy to be a December Sleever. I prayed for a Dec. date and got it.

Welcome Raine, glad to have a fellow Dec sleever join us, the more the merrier. U will find that our group is very helpful, supportive and willing to share our experiences w each other. Congrats on ur date, Dec 30th here, n God bless. Don't hesitate to post questions or give suggestions, we are here for each other. Have a gr8 nite, again, welcome! Dee Dee

Greeting and best wishes to all December sleevers!

I am one of the hosts on this forum and I have a request.

December is my birthday, 65 this month.

Give me the gift of having a very successful surgery!

:) :) :)

How about a birthday prayer that God will bless you with another year and a successful surgery and healthy recovery:) we r here for u. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Edited by DeezJeanz

Hi all,

Got sleeved dec 16. Someone was talking about left shoulder pain and I've had that too. Does anyone know why? I know they have me a lovinox shot there but I didn't know if that was why it was hurting. I only got in 30 g of Protein yesterday and today only 15 g so far And I'm having a hard time getting liquids in too bc I don't want to push myself too hard but my mom keeps yelling at me to keep drinking!! Have only been walking a little because I'm still very sore and tender. And I went on the scale and only lost like 2 lbs since surgery on Monday. How has everyone lost so much in such a sort amt of time? Anyone not lose a lot like me? I know it's only been 3 and a half days but it seems like people on here have lost 10 lbs in like 3 or 4 days!! Help!

How about a birthday prayer that God will bless you with another year and a successful surgery and healthy recovery:) we r here for u. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Thanks so much! I am one of the new hosts here, I had my surgery in 2010 and indeed it was successful. This is one of three forum areas that I oversee along with other vets. I could really use the prayer for another year. I am already several years past where my cancer docs predicted I would die. I am as healthy as I was in my 20's now, God's grace and this surgery has brought me back from the brink.