Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Dec. 19th surgery - OMG, that's TOMORROW!! :o

Couldn't sleep even though I took something to help. Tonite - VALIUM!!

Still no support from my significant other. I wonder if this surgery has broken up any relationships. Prayers welcomed!

Still no support from my significant other. I wonder if this surgery has broken up any relationships. Prayers welcomed!

Hope all of my fellow 16th sleevers.are doing well. I can't tolerate cold or room temperature liquids which makes me sad because that includes Jello :-( other than that just tightness in my chest and soreness in my stomach. I did really well at the hospital walked 60 laps and they only required 20. It definitely helped with my gas pain. I need to walk more here at home but I'm not as energetic as I was on those pain meds haha. I'm still trying to figure out how much my tummy can hold. Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi all:

Dec. 16th sleeved. I was released the next day from the hospital where I had the surgery. Went home became very nauseous threw up 5 times could not keep Water or anything down, so I was readmitted to a different hospital to try to get over the nausea. I'm doing better this morning but I haven't had anything to drink, they told me not to drink anything so we could get it under control. Will know more when Dr. makes rounds.

Good luck all Dec. sleevers. I was sleeved on 12/4 and I'm down 13.5 pounds. Today is my 2 week weigh in, I've been stalled at this exact weight for 5 whole days, and I'm hoping to see the scale move soon!

UPDATE: I'm officially 7 days post op today and feeling great!!! Really! I can't lie, the day I woke up from surgery in the hospital (last Wed) I felt like I had been hit by a bus! It was really bad, but they got my pain under control immediately. Was in the hospital for 2 days. The nausea was the worst part for me. But as long as they gave me zofram for nausea I was ok. By the day I left the hospital I was feeling good. I'm still on pain med & anti-nausea meds but I'm just sore, and I think that's more from doing stuff around the house. Mornings I'm a little more sore than other times of day. I'm able to puree veggies and put them in my broth now which is a fabulous treat, lol! I find that I really have to chew things down to mush or it does feel like a hard bubble trying to down and I've realized what my "full" feeling feels like, so I'm learning to listen to my body.

Best part...I'm down 10lbs.6oz! I couldn't believe my scale this morning so I kept weighing myself over and over and it's definitely on track. I feel great! Can't wait to eat regular food again (healthy food!). I'm using this as a reset button on life. I've been given a "do over" and am now learning how to eat again, but the right way. I also can't believe the energy I have. So far having the surgery seems like the best decision I've ever made. Like a huge dark cloud that was hanging over my head has broken apart and is flying away. Best of luck to those awaiting their independence day!

Oh yes, one tip I learned...stay in the hospital AS LONG AS YOU CAN! If you can stay 2 or 3 days then I definitely would. They have all the meds and equipment that you could need and by the time you leave you'll know if how you're feeling is normal instead of being at home and coming into the emergency room for every air bubble. I know it's boring (my room didn't even have a tv!) and you have kids or a life you want to hurry and get back to, but I'd definitely recommend it.

Good luck to all my fellow 19ers out there!!!!!

So sorry you are not supported at home. That can make things so much harder. Sometimes it is a fear that you may lose weight and no longer want him. Weight loss can definitely break up couples. Good luck tomorrow and remember you are doing this for you!

Hi all:

Dec. 16th sleeved. I was released the next day from the hospital where I had the surgery. Went home became very nauseous threw up 5 times could not keep Water or anything down, so I was readmitted to a different hospital to try to get over the nausea. I'm doing better this morning but I haven't had anything to drink, they told me not to drink anything so we could get it under control. Will know more when Dr. makes rounds.

So sorry you're having nausea issues, that is really tough to deal with. Hope they get it under control soon!

Good luck all Dec. sleevers. I was sleeved on 12/4 and I'm down 13.5 pounds. Today is my 2 week weigh in, I've been stalled at this exact weight for 5 whole days, and I'm hoping to see the scale move soon!

Ugh, stalling so early must really stink. Hopefully it gets moving again with a nice drop!

UPDATE: I'm officially 7 days post op today and feeling great!!! Really! I can't lie, the day I woke up from surgery in the hospital (last Wed) I felt like I had been hit by a bus! It was really bad, but they got my pain under control immediately. Was in the hospital for 2 days. The nausea was the worst part for me. But as long as they gave me zofram for nausea I was ok. By the day I left the hospital I was feeling good. I'm still on pain med & anti-nausea meds but I'm just sore, and I think that's more from doing stuff around the house. Mornings I'm a little more sore than other times of day. I'm able to puree veggies and put them in my broth now which is a fabulous treat, lol! I find that I really have to chew things down to mush or it does feel like a hard bubble trying to down and I've realized what my "full" feeling feels like, so I'm learning to listen to my body.

Best part...I'm down 10lbs.6oz! I couldn't believe my scale this morning so I kept weighing myself over and over and it's definitely on track. I feel great! Can't wait to eat regular food again (healthy food!). I'm using this as a reset button on life. I've been given a "do over" and am now learning how to eat again, but the right way. I also can't believe the energy I have. So far having the surgery seems like the best decision I've ever made. Like a huge dark cloud that was hanging over my head has broken apart and is flying away. Best of luck to those awaiting their independence day!

Looks like you are in a great place for starting over and living your new life to the fullest!

God bless all of the postops n their recoveries! Many prayers for tomorrows crew. May God guide the hands that touch you and bring u threw to a gr8 recovery! Gl everyone n gn:) keep us updated and thx to all who are keeping us updated.

Edited by DeezJeanz

Hi all, just wanted to update. I'm home from the hospital this afternoon & feeling very good!! Even did a small load of laundry! Sleeved on Monday, the 16th.

I've been out of commission lately, so I wanted to be sure to wish all of the upcoming December sleevers smooth sailing with your surgery and wish all of the Post-Op December sleevers quick recoveries.