Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

After all the talk about bowels. I decided to take action before the surgery and start Mira-lax and some Fiber. May as well get the pipes clean out tonight. Lol

You're a smart woman! Not doing a bowel prep in advance (wasn't required or suggested) is probably my single surgery regret.

After all the talk about bowels. I decided to take action before the surgery and start Mira-lax and some fiber. May as well get the pipes clean out tonight. Lol

My surgeon had me take two bottles of Mag citrate the day before surgery; I was cleaned out before surgery This is all air and I suspect related to dumping syndrome, although, it's not supposed to happen or less so with VSG. I think it might be related to the sweet juices (apple, Jello, cran raspberry). I've cut back on the sweet products and it's a little better. I see the doctor tomorrow and will check on it then.

Best wishes for successful surgeries to our Dec 18 sleevers! Rest well tonight and blessings with you and your surgical teams tomorrow! See you on the bench!

Dec 18 Nona337am

Dec 18 gemgirl

Dec 18 mija1980

Dec 18 Teachamy

Dec 18 Simpley_ke

Dec 18 kls3214

Dec 18 morret14

Dec 18 teekay8887

Dec 18 kuey

Dec 18 jnimons

Dec 18 Debzdays

Dec 18 georgiabelle

Thanks so much, Tarheel, for posting the list!

This totally happened to me. Took pain meds (hydrocodone) for the first four days home. By the fifth day, I was in more pain. Pain behind and to the left of that largest incision, hip pain, back pain, and nausea. Having had several c-sections and stalled bowels as a result of the surgery + anesthesia + post-op pain meds, I immediately recognized the sensation. Stopped pain meds immediately (though did reintroduce liquid Tylenol a couple of days later), and begin to hit the Constipation stuff hard. For me, it took prune juice, Colace, Miralax, a mineral oil enema, and about two days for relief. Afterwards, IMMEDIATElY better. I've been regular since without meds, and only one time since have I regretted not taking a stool softener. Think about what your nurse said. There's a very good chance she's right.

Thank you! I will see tomorrow. I hadn't been taking much. The only difference today is that I tried the Wal-Mart brand Water flavor drops in my water. I'm going to eliminate that and continue on the constipation angle (although I did go yesterday, all day!).

Are you having to crush your pain meds and drink them? I had to and talk about nasty,

Hi Tami...

I am on Lortab and it is a liquid that comes in little individual cups...and I am quite sure has to be the worst tasting liquid medication I have ever tasted in my entire life...lol

Had surgery on 16th. Still at hospital. Gas pains are a doozy. They burn especally in my chest.

Not able t tolerate food or anything with flavor. Hospital has tea, broth, popsicle, Water. I take the water 30 cc at a time.

Threw up once when they tried switching me from morphine injections to liquid lortab. Throwing up = no bueno.

Walking right away was one of the best choices ... On the other hand, sped up the whole gad thing. Still not able to pass gas or go #2 but yhey think tomorrow is the day.

In pain but looking forward to tomorrow and the days after.

Ah-being able to get up and do some washing pf my face, brush teeth, etc was a great feeling and may help you feel rejuvenated.

Will update some more in a bit.

Best wishes for successful surgeries to our Dec 18 sleevers! Rest well tonight and blessings with you and your surgical teams tomorrow! See you on the bench!<br><br> Dec 18 Nona337am<br> Dec 18 gemgirl<br> Dec 18 mija1980<br> Dec 18 Teachamy<br> Dec 18 Simpley_ke<br> Dec 18 kls3214<br> Dec 18 morret14<br> Dec 18 teekay8887<br> Dec 18 kuey<br> Dec 18 jnimons<br> Dec 18 Debzdays<br> Dec 18 georgiabelle

Best of luck tomorrow! You're in our thoughts and prayers!!!

So i was about to lay down and take a quick cat nap, but i have so much energy right now and i have to be up in 5 hours to get ready to go to the hospital... ARGGG!!

Well its 450 am , im up and dressed / ready to go. Feeling good, got about 3 hours of sleep!! I'll be back hopefully before i go in if not EVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY and ill be back later on today or tomorrow (=

Best of luck to you! It will be over before you know it! May your surgeon and the rest of the staff taking care of you have talented hands and compassionate hearts!

Howdy all...today's the big day for me! Happy Birthday to all 12/18 Sleevers!!!

Good morning and good luck to the 18-ers today! I'm about to go in for my leak test. A little dry heaves and gas pain last night, yuck. But still able to tolerate liquids well thank goodness. No real pain other than the gas. It stayed in my belly and didn't move to shoulder, phew. I have nice small incisions, my surgeon rocks! Feeling much better mentally and glad I went through with this :) hope everyone else is well too!!

Well up and getting packed for the hospital. To all those already there, praying for a safe passage to the loser's bench. For the rest of us today and the rest of the week remember to stay clam and breathe. The loser's bench is right around the corner. To all those recovering keep up the hard work and keep us posted. Thanks for showing the rest of us the way to recovery.

Ok anyone else am emotional wreck? Day 10 and all I feel like doing is crying! Plus my stomach hurts! Ugh!

Prayers and good thoughts for all you sleevers today and this week. Sleeved Monday and doing surprisingly well. Hope all continues to go smoothly for those recently sleeved and great results for the soon-to-be sleeved!