Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Are any of the early December Sleevers exercising yet? It's been snowing here so I haven't been able to get out for a walk so I've considered going to the mall or Target to get in a half mile or so. My Dr. only have restrictions on lifting weights so I supposed I could hop on a treadmill too if so desired.

I have not been exercising yet, I am waiting to talk to my surgeon. I am walking daily, just not doing other machines like stair climber etc. I am nervous to hurt something! I have seen a variety of time frames on here for people to start exercising.

not regretting it, but it has been tough for me to eat and drink liquids. When did you have surgery? It gets better each day I promise. The first week I was getting in maybe 20oz of Water and now I'm up to the 64oz. I just have a water in my hand at all times lol

I had surgery on the 11th. I feel like I'm getting no liquids at all. I know it'll get better with time. Time just needs to come faster lol.

I have a question. Anyone regretting their decision? No one has said anything so I was just wondering. I'm having a problem with drinking. Doesn't matter how small the sip or how slow I can feel it go through my sleeve and it gurgels (sp?) At me every time.

Oh I felt that way for several days...every swallow was a struggle! It gets better day by day. My surgery was Dec 2nd and I can sip easily now. Can't gulp or anything but the sipping is fine.

not regretting it, but it has been tough for me to eat and drink liquids. When did you have surgery? It gets better each day I promise. The first week I was getting in maybe 20oz of Water and now I'm up to the 64oz. I just have a water in my hand at all times lol

I had surgery on the 11th. I feel like I'm getting no liquids at all. I know it'll get better with time. Time just needs to come faster lol.

. Oh give it time. It will be very hard for the first week-2 weeks. Hang in there!

Are any of the early December Sleevers exercising yet? It's been snowing here so I haven't been able to get out for a walk so I've considered going to the mall or Target to get in a half mile or so. My Dr. only have restrictions on lifting weights so I supposed I could hop on a treadmill too if so desired.

I went walking around the mall yesterday for exercise. It's way too cold to be outside in NJ. I'm now 10 days post op.

So I just told someone about my surgery coming up on Monday and I got the rudest response which is making me really upset. They said, oh no that's terrible. You couldn't do it on your own? Meanwhile, SHE was huge herself! I'm feeling a little discouraged :(

Oh my goodness. That is incredibly rude! But you are too close to a major goal accomplished and there's no time to think too long about this person's words. I think sometimes people just don't know what impact their words actually have.

Making my hospital list of items to bring on Monday 12/16….

I have had recommendations for the following:

1) Your own pillow - also heard this helps cushion the seat belt against your tummy on the way home

2) Tooth paste/brush

3) hair brush/comb

4) Night gown - some say yes, some say no?

5) Robe - is it a good idea to bring a robe (I assume your butt hangs out otherwise when you are up walking)?

6) Slippers - are you in hospital socks and if so, are slippers needed? I have sock monkey slippers!

7) Someone mentioned a throw for comfort- don't they give you more blankets if you need them?

8) GasX strips - do they let you use these in the hospital?

10) Chap stick

11) Your own drinks - don't they give you sugar free drinks? How much are you drinking anyway?

12) Do they let you - or are you able to take a shower?

Would appreciate anyone else's perspective on what they brought or wish they had.

Getting excited to get this underway. Not sleeping that well, I keep waking up wondering how it will be. May be waking up from hunger though, LOL!

I'm on my way home. The only things I used were cell charger, chapstick and glasses. Had a very comfortable bed so didn't need my pillow. They had a robe and grippy socks.

Why are u having trouble breathing?!? Who did ur surgery?

I think it is because I am sore. So taking deep breaths hurts. Dr says I am doing great though.

I did have regrets right after I awoke from anesthesia on Thursday night ... The pain was indescribable for me due to unexpected hiatal hernia repair

On scale from 1 to 10 I said pain was 900-- no lie -- I thought they woke me up too soon and I wanted to go back to sleep so the pain would go away magically

I'm back home (2 nights out) and still need pain meds but I'm hoping the recovery process goes super fast --- I'm not hungry but I do think about food a lot so weird

Cold Water hurts my new belly so I drink tea or room temp water... Can't wait to get to full liquids and then mashed up purée foods

I'm hoping weight loss is significant and I have a problem free future with my sleeve

I also had regrets the day I came home. I cried like a little baby saying "why did I do this to myself?" Nearly two weeks later I'm feeling 100x better and more confident in my decision. However, If I had to do it over again I would have spent a second night in the hospital. I definitely wasn't ready to go home the next day.

My surgery is Dec. 18, 2013 in San Antonio, TX with Dr. Seger! Very nervous and excited!

My surgery is Dec. 18, 2013 in San Antonio, TX with Dr. Seger! Very nervous and excited!

Welcome to the 18th club !!!

Happy Saturday All,

As many of us are newly sleeved, or on pre- op diets, or patiently waiting to start I thought I would share a post I found that contained a WONDERFUL excel sheet to track you weight loss. Just as the surgery is a tool, there are other tools we will need in our arsenal.

Here is the link, and the link to the excel sheet is at the very end : http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/264421-measures-measures-measures/?hl=%2Bgeek#entry2969647

barebfeet

3 days post op and started shakes again. I hate them, all flavors, and don't know how I am going to get through the next 2 weeks.

There are other ways to get your Protein in. Buy some of the Protein Shots or Isopure drinks and dilute them with Water and just drink it that way. I'm doing that now, I buy the protein shots, raspberry and apple are my favorites, and then grape. I take the whole shot and dump it into 32 oz of water and finish it off... it's 42 grams of protein. You can make it stronger or weaker depending upon how much water you use. I've used less too..and it works just as well.

There are other ways to get your Protein in. Buy some of the Protein Shots or Isopure drinks and dilute them with Water and just drink it that way. I'm doing that now, I buy the protein shots, raspberry and apple are my favorites, and then grape. I take the whole shot and dump it into 32 oz of water and finish it off... it's 42 grams of protein. You can make it stronger or weaker depending upon how much water you use. I've used less too..and it works just as well.

Jerzygurl may I ask which protein shots you are using? I've tried so many and wondering if there's some I missed. Thanks!