Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Best of luck today AtlantaRed. We are all rooting for you ...

Thank you so much! I'm doing very, very well. So glad I I nsisted on staying overnight. Will update soon!

Good luck Atlanta Res your going to do super!! Take Gas X strips, and walk, walk, walk! See you on the other side kiddo!

Thanks so much! I made it! Doing very well. Will go home today. I have loved my hospital stay. Will update soon.

Dec. 19th sleever :huh: Wondering if I can really do this.

Spent Thanksgiving with family constantly pushing food. Birthday dinner 2 days ago, so I finally started the "pre-op" diet.

I guess one week is better than nothing but I'm starting to see how much food controls my days!

Am I putting all my "eggs in one basket"? Umm - I love eggs... :D

It will get easier on the pre-op diet and just think about what you are making the change for! I have had food fantasies throughout the pre-op - but I just think - "Later, I can have that later!"

Thanks so much! I made it! Doing very well. Will go home today. I have loved my hospital stay. Will update soon.

Woohoo, over n done with, bravo!! Thank God ur doing so well, yea. UK the drill, so take it easy and take ur place on the losers bench! Gl.

I'm 1 night out. I know I'm getting stronger each minute but I had to have a hiatal hernia removed during my VSG so that is the most painful part. Trying hard to keep liquids down but it's hard

I should be home tomorrow morning God willing

Will fill you in on how I feel then but had no clue about the hernia - My surgeon was surprised too

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling more pain that you expected. Will that keep you in the hospital longer? My surgeon said he was going to fix my hiatal hernia as well. Surgery on Monday 12/16. We'll see how it goes...

Hope you are feeling better every minute of the day.

My date is 12/27 with 1 week of pre op diet. Congrats and Best of Luck to everyone. Glad I found this site and all the December sleevers.

Welcome, you'll find our December group a very friendly and helpful group. Good luck on your pre-op, many of us had 2 weeks and it really goes faster than you would think!

December 19th in Fort Worth, Texas!

Welcome to the sweet December club. Nice to have you with use.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling more pain that you expected. Will that keep you in the hospital longer? My surgeon said he was going to fix my hiatal hernia as well. Surgery on Monday 12/16. We'll see how it goes...

Hope you are feeling better every minute of the day.

Yes that is the reason I chose to stay an extra night-- i was in a lot of pain and meds weren't really helping and really still in a lot of pain .. I'm not even sure if its nausea and gas or just plain pain and discomfort from the hernia repair work ... I Don't feel anything in my back or neck or shoulders just the area right below my left breast.

Good luck to you and the rest of you brave pre and post sleevers!!

Glad to hear your doing so well. Looking forward to your update.

Andrew -- have you tried unflavored Protein in Crystal Lite or in Soup?

I would like to try unflavored Protein Powder in soup but I'm not allowed to have creamed Soups until mushy stage.

So I just told someone about my surgery coming up on Monday and I got the rudest response which is making me really upset. They said, oh no that's terrible. You couldn't do it on your own? Meanwhile, SHE was huge herself! I'm feeling a little discouraged :(

. I had the same happen to me so I just didn't tell anyone who I wasn't close to. None of their business. Oh and the girl who said it to me was about 2 times my size :(

I have a question. Anyone regretting their decision? No one has said anything so I was just wondering. I'm having a problem with drinking. Doesn't matter how small the sip or how slow I can feel it go through my sleeve and it gurgels (sp?) At me every time.

<p>Making my hospital list of items to bring on Monday 12/16….</p> <p> </p> <p>I have had recommendations for the following:</p> <p>1) Your own pillow - also heard this helps cushion the seat belt against your tummy on the way home</p> <p>2) Tooth paste/brush</p> <p>3) hair brush/comb</p> <p>4) Night gown - some say yes, some say no?</p> <p>5) Robe - is it a good idea to bring a robe (I assume your butt hangs out otherwise when you are up walking)?</p> <p>6) Slippers - are you in hospital socks and if so, are slippers needed? I have sock monkey slippers!</p> <p>7) Someone mentioned a throw for comfort- don't they give you more blankets if you need them?</p> <p>8) GasX strips - do they let you use these in the hospital?</p> <p>10) Chap stick</p> <p>11) Your own drinks - don't they give you sugar free drinks? How much are you drinking anyway?</p> <p>12) Do they let you - or are you able to take a shower?</p> <p> </p> <p>Would appreciate anyone else's perspective on what they brought or wish they had.</p> <p> </p> <p>Getting excited to get this underway. Not sleeping that well, I keep waking up wondering how it will be. May be waking up from hunger though, LOL!</p>

. I did bring a robe but never put it on because it's hot, and you have an IV so you can't really just put it on when you go walking. They do let you shower and they provided all items needed (low quality) but tooth brush, comb, Shampoo, toothpaste, shower gel. I did bring slippers to walk around in because I can't stand the socks. Oh and they will give you more blankets if needed.

Are any of the early December Sleevers exercising yet? It's been snowing here so I haven't been able to get out for a walk so I've considered going to the mall or Target to get in a half mile or so. My Dr. only have restrictions on lifting weights so I supposed I could hop on a treadmill too if so desired.

. Surgery on 12/2 and I haven't gone to the gym but I've gone to the local mall to walk that way. I plan to go to the gym this week though. Finally feeling much better since my drain tube was removed.

I have a question. Anyone regretting their decision? No one has said anything so I was just wondering. I'm having a problem with drinking. Doesn't matter how small the sip or how slow I can feel it go through my sleeve and it gurgels (sp?) At me every time.

not regretting it, but it has been tough for me to eat and drink liquids. When did you have surgery? It gets better each day I promise. The first week I was getting in maybe 20oz of Water and now I'm up to the 64oz. I just have a water in my hand at all times lol