Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Good luck December 13 sleevers! Today is your day!

Best of luck to all of the December 13 sleevers. We're thinking of you ...

7 days down, 7 more to go. 2 pounds down!!!

Yeah for you. Your doing great.

Any post sleevers burp after everything they drink?

Yes and even when I'm not drinking lol

Hi everyone! I am still here..lol

Still in hospital bet each day is getting a bit better. Haven't done so well on the prerequisit liquids...hoping today will be better....that's what will determine if I can go home.

Will check back later but just wanted to touch base!

HEY YOOOOUU!! I'm so glad to hear from you. Ive been thinking about n praying for u nd ur group! So thankful that ur ok n chkd in with us. Congrats, u did it!!! Losers bench, look out:). Have a gr8 day, sip sip sip, walk walk walk, U CAN DO IT, ALL OF U POSTOPS CAN ND WILL, God Bless:)

Whelp, had my preop today, glad its ovr bc I'd gained a few holiday lbs:( he mentioned it but wasnt upset, just said, no last supper eating, bc its not a good idea and so forth. Lord willing, I start my 2 wk liq on Monday, and surgery on 30th, second case of the day they said. So I'm glad for that. To all postops, gr8j n may ur healing b blessed. Gl to us all and Monday, here I come, I feel rdy:)

Yes and even when I'm not drinking lol

Me too! I feel every tiny bubble in my shakes and they collect and I burp more than I ever have in my life!

I have to let the shakes sit after the shaker bottle to let the air out an that helps.

12/2 sleeved - First postop with doctor and NUT. Lost 11 pounds since surgery and on to stage 4. That cheese stick tasted so good! Good luck to those who are yet to have their Dec surgery.

3 days post op and started shakes again. I hate them, all flavors, and don't know how I am going to get through the next 2 weeks.

Many prayers Sleevinit! Get some rest tonight and get rdy for the losers bench tomorrow. God bless for a successful day:)

Edited by DeezJeanz

3 days post op and started shakes again. I hate them, all flavors, and don't know how I am going to get through the next 2 weeks.

Have you tried one that's not all whey isolate? I found I just can't stand whey isolate, but when I tried a blend (synthrax matrix for me) it was a whole different thing

Hi Everybody!

I haven't gotten a chance to say Congrats to all those who have been sleeved so far this month!!! I bow down to you because I'm still waiting for my day with anticipation, excitement, and nervousness. It's a heady combination. :). I had my last pre-op consultation with my doctor on Wednesday and have decided to do the morning of Dec 17th instead of being the last patient on Dec 16th. So my day was changed.

My doc did not put me on a pre-op diet and, unfortunately, over the Thanksgiving break, I gained about a pound. At least the scale says that. I was super upset about it because I've been very mindful of my eating but not enough, I guess. I'm trying not to feel so discouraged about that and stay hopeful about the changes I have made and will continue to make.

Anyway, again Congratulations! And I can't wait for my own day!

So I just told someone about my surgery coming up on Monday and I got the rudest response which is making me really upset. They said, oh no that's terrible. You couldn't do it on your own? Meanwhile, SHE was huge herself! I'm feeling a little discouraged :(

Don't even think that what she said was about you. You are showing courage, making positive decisions about your future and you are giving yourself the option of a much healthier, happier and longer life . She is ignorant about this whole journey to wellness, she is jealous of your bravery to make such a substantial change in your life, she doesn't have have the self confidence to make this kind of decision for herself. You don't own any of her perspectives or dismal outlook.

You are strong and you can do this. Perhaps when she sees your success in the coming weeks and months she will see you as the inspiration she needs to take this plunge for herself! She's just not ready and your determination is likely a scary mirror in which she is reflecting her current condition.

Feel great about YOU!

3 days post sleeve

doing pretty well, able to keep liquids down, not in any real pain.

Just wanted to update you guys. I am 2 days post op and feeling pretty good. A little sore. . Feels like I did 100 sit ups. Not to bad. . I'm getting down as many liquids as I can. . All and all.. everything is good. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement!