Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hi everyone! I am one week away (Dec 19th) from surgery. Looking at our list, I am still on my own! I have to say that I am not at all nervous about the actual surgery, but how I will feel immediately after. I think nausea is THE worst feeling in the world. I also have been known to end up back in the hospital after surgeries with severe dehydration. I already know that I will be in the hospital at least 2 days, so that makes me feel a little better, also, my husband will be staying with me to motivate me to walk, cough and deep breathe.

I did purchase a night gown since I don't normally wear one and was told I would be more comfortable without an elastic waist band. But, I am wondering if I should just stay in the hospital gown? Did anyone wear their own? and if so, did they get soiled?

I wore the hospital gown and my own pajama pants so I wouldn't flash anyone while walking. :) My clothes did not get soiled. I came out of surgery pretty clean, and was put in an abdominal binder in recovery. That has a bit of iodine (?) staining, but my clothes were fine.

Its official. I'm 4 days post op. I had surgery on Monday. Thank you for all of the well wishes and prayers. I can honestly say that the pain wasn't too bad. Maybe because the meds right after surgery but when I came to I really tried not to press that heavenly button. I only used it to sleep. The only real pain is from the incision in my belly button. It really hurts and when I try to stand. I also miss the hospital bed. So I'm sleeping on my couch with my back against it. Can't sleep laying down. Trying to get my liquids in but I want some damn food. A grilled cheese, some chicken, something solid. Is this normal? lol. I wonder if they really sleeved me? lol Well I good luck to those going in for surgery, god bless and may your surgery be a success.

I was sleeved Dec. 03, and I've been dreaming of a sandwich since the recovery room. I *hope* we're normal! :)

December 16th here. Not sure what all to say. I'm almost 26, in college, and just ready for this to be over with the back and forth in my head is killing me.

Lots of well wishes for your surgery today Bremartus. I'm sure everything will go well ...

Here's the short little list of our brave Friday the 13thers! Positive thoughts and smooth recoveries for all of us! Post when you can!

Dec 13 Under1star

Dec 13 AtlantaRed

Dec 13 crodrigu73

Dec 13 Bremartus

Also positive thoughts and wishes for Sleevin It who will be by herself having surgery on the 14th!

Good luck December 13 sleevers! Today is your day!

Good luck Atlanta Res your going to do super!! Take Gas X strips, and walk, walk, walk! See you on the other side kiddo!

Good luck to our 12/13 group! Good thoughts and prayers going out to all of you.

Edited by Mel1071

Any post sleevers burp after everything they drink?

Hi everyone! I am still here..lol

Still in hospital bet each day is getting a bit better. Haven't done so well on the prerequisit liquids...hoping today will be better....that's what will determine if I can go home.

Will check back later but just wanted to touch base!

<p>Hi everyone! I am one week away (Dec 19th) from surgery. Looking at our list, I am still on my own! I have to say that I am not at all nervous about the actual surgery, but how I will feel immediately after. I think nausea is THE worst feeling in the world. I also have been known to end up back in the hospital after surgeries with severe dehydration. I already know that I will be in the hospital at least 2 days, so that makes me feel a little better, also, my husband will be staying with me to motivate me to walk, cough and deep breathe.<br>

I did purchase a night gown since I don't normally wear one and was told I would be more comfortable without an elastic waist band. But, I am wondering if I should just stay in the hospital gown? Did anyone wear their own? and if so, did they get soiled?</p>

I just wore the hospital gown the whole time!

<p>Hi everyone! I am one week away (Dec 19th) from surgery. Looking at our list, I am still on my own! I have to say that I am not at all nervous about the actual surgery, but how I will feel immediately after. I think nausea is THE worst feeling in the world. I also have been known to end up back in the hospital after surgeries with severe dehydration. I already know that I will be in the hospital at least 2 days, so that makes me feel a little better, also, my husband will be staying with me to motivate me to walk, cough and deep breathe.<br>

I did purchase a night gown since I don't normally wear one and was told I would be more comfortable without an elastic waist band. But, I am wondering if I should just stay in the hospital gown? Did anyone wear their own? and if so, did they get soiled?</p>

I just wore the hospital gown the whole time!

Any post sleevers burp after everything they drink?

For a few days and then it goes away. It only comes back if I drink something too cold or take too big a sip!