Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

just letting everyone who's fresh out know... i'm a dec 3rd sleever and today i FINALLY feel human! i was finally able to walk more than 5 mins without horrible pain in my right side! i even weaned off the dilaudid and valium pills and now just taking tylenol. I had a few breakdowns in the past week but i can definitely feel my body healing, and you will too!! hang in there everyone!

Congrats!! I'm glad that ur doing gr8! Thx for keeping us posted on how u are doing. Ur gonna do amazn, can't wait to take the journey w all of u postops:). Have a gn. Hope ur sleeping well.

Did anyone else get really bad headaches on their pre-op diet? I started on Monday and have had really bad headaches everyday... So bad that I had to take ibuprofen. I won't take any ibuprofen after tomorrow because I technically am not required to start my pre-op till Friday, but wanted to kind of ease myself into it and am glad I have... Days one and two were pretty hard, and now on day three, I'm not even hungry! The hardest part for me is getting under 40g of carbs per day... I never realized how many carbs were in everything!!! The "sugar-free" items still tend to have carbs, so it's pretty much just room for three Protein Shakes a day and a ton of Water for me...

Were you a caffeine drinker? Did you stop that suddenly? Could be withdrawal. I'm almost done with day 11 and my diet every day is 3 Premier Protein drinks, 2 unsweetened applesauces and 48 ounces of water. Every now and then I make one cup of Better Than Bouillon chicken broth.< /p>

Be strong and continued success on your preop!

Did anyone else get really bad headaches on their pre-op diet? I started on Monday and have had really bad headaches everyday... So bad that I had to take ibuprofen. I won't take any ibuprofen after tomorrow because I technically am not required to start my pre-op till Friday, but wanted to kind of ease myself into it and am glad I have... Days one and two were pretty hard, and now on day three, I'm not even hungry! The hardest part for me is getting under 40g of carbs per day... I never realized how many carbs were in everything!!! The "sugar-free" items still tend to have carbs, so it's pretty much just room for three Protein Shakes a day and a ton of Water for me...

I had a terrible Migraine from day 2-4 but felt great the next two weeks. I chalked it up to caffeine and sugar withdrawal, along with Protein increase without fatty intake. I'm crossing my fingers your stomach handles the protein much better than mine did! Good luck!

1 day out and feeling ok. Pain has been managed so I can't complain about that .having a little trouble drinking but forcing it down.

1 day out and feeling ok. Pain has been managed so I can't complain about that .having a little trouble drinking but forcing it down.

Congrats Andrew and gl w a speedy recovery. Thx 4 chkn in so soon, glad ur doing well so far:) remember to walk, drink, walk drink, use pain meds while ur there, walk n drink;) u get the point:)

Were you a caffeine drinker? Did you stop that suddenly? Could be withdrawal. I'm almost done with day 11 and my diet every day is 3 Premier Protein drinks, 2 unsweetened applesauces and 48 ounces of water. Every now and then I make one cup of Better Than Bouillon chicken broth.

Be strong and continued success on your preop!

I did drink caffeine, but not on a daily basis, I would usually have one cup of coffee maybe 4 days a week. I was a big coca cola drinker though. Maybe not on a daily basis as well, but more days than not I would drink it. On day three i kinda figured that all i would have room for carb wise was my Protein Drinks and maybe one other thing like sugar feee Jello. How many grams of carbs is the unsweetened applesauce? I need to go get some. That sounds yummy! Thanks for the advice!!! And keep up the good work!!! You're nearing the finish line and I'm excited for you!! :-)

I'm one day out as well and feeling fine. Ready to do my leak test so I can drink something. Good luck to you in this journey.

Hey atl red you left me off the dec 12 list! However since im in Australiia im already out of surgery :-) it all went well. i am fairly sore now but much better than when i first wokeup. No gas pains yet hooray! just 1 of my incisions is bugging me. Good luck to my fellow dec

12 sleevers!!

I'm one day out as well and feeling fine. Ready to do my leak test so I can drink something. Good luck to you in this journey.

HEYYY, congrats to you as well. Glad to know that ur on the bench and doing well. As I said to Andrew, drink walk drink walk, pain meds as needed so u can drink n walk walk n drink;). God bless the rest of yr recovery:)

Hey atl red you left me off the dec 12 list! However since im in Australiia im already out of surgery :-) it all went well. i am fairly sore now but much better than when i first wokeup. No gas pains yet hooray! just 1 of my incisions is bugging me. Good luck to my fellow dec

12 sleevers!!

Good day my Aussie sleever and thank God u got ur surgery and on to a healthier life style! Ty 4 letting us know that ur doing well. Hoorayyy, no gas pains and keep it up, walk drink drink walk walk walk n pain meds, its what I'm gonna keep encouraging all u newbies to do;). Ull do gr8 and keeps us in tha loop. Have a gr8 d and a speedy recoveryyyyy:)))))

Hi everyone! I am one week away (Dec 19th) from surgery. Looking at our list, I am still on my own! I have to say that I am not at all nervous about the actual surgery, but how I will feel immediately after. I think nausea is THE worst feeling in the world. I also have been known to end up back in the hospital after surgeries with severe dehydration. I already know that I will be in the hospital at least 2 days, so that makes me feel a little better, also, my husband will be staying with me to motivate me to walk, cough and deep breathe.
I did purchase a night gown since I don't normally wear one and was told I would be more comfortable without an elastic waist band. But, I am wondering if I should just stay in the hospital gown? Did anyone wear their own? and if so, did they get soiled?

just letting everyone who's fresh out know... i'm a dec 3rd sleever and today i FINALLY feel human! i was finally able to walk more than 5 mins without horrible pain in my right side! i even weaned off the dilaudid and valium pills and now just taking tylenol. I had a few breakdowns in the past week but i can definitely feel my body healing, and you will too!! hang in there everyone!

Glad to hear your doing well, and healing.

Morning December VGS'ers. Well I'm just six days from my surgery date and I'm still nervous about the surgery. This is not my first time at the rodeo ( surgery). So saying that, I'm thankful for this site and the support and encouragement I find here each day. Also, the site is great for information pre and post-op. As I said before the pre-op diet really kicked my butt the first four days until I found the culprit. Since then I'm doing much better and lost 6lbs. Good luck to all on your recovery and and the start of your new life. Blessing to all of the us still waiting and prayers for good outcomes.

I did drink caffeine, but not on a daily basis, I would usually have one cup of coffee maybe 4 days a week. I was a big coca cola drinker though. Maybe not on a daily basis as well, but more days than not I would drink it. On day three i kinda figured that all i would have room for carb wise was my Protein Drinks and maybe one other thing like sugar feee Jello. How many grams of carbs is the unsweetened applesauce? I need to go get some. That sounds yummy! Thanks for the advice!!! And keep up the good work!!! You're nearing the finish line and I'm excited for you!! :-)

The applesauce has 13 carbs and 50 calories. My liquid phase doesn't count anyhing other than total calories between 600-800 (I've been getting 580). Tomorrow's the day!

It's my Birthday!! I'll hopefully still be having surgery on Monday, but I wanted to wish all of the 12/12 sleevers a safe and successful surgery and a speedy recovery! I can't wait to hear how everyone's surgery went. I def can't wait to join all you sleeved wonders on that bench!! Sending my prayers up and out to everyone today! You guys are going to do A-MAZ-ING!!!