Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Any December 2nd sleevers back to work yet or feel good enough to go back?

I'm a Dec. 3 sleever and an at-home homeschooling mom to 6 kids, so I went back to "work" Dec. 4. Haha! Seriously, though, by 4 days post-op, I felt so well, I could have gone back to an office if what was what I did for work. My husband returned to the office yesterday, so I've been full-time on my own with the kids again. Two days of grocery shopping, appointments, errands, in and out of car seats, potty training, piano recitals, and I'm tired now here at the end of the day, but no more tired than I normally am. I did have to add back some liquid Tylenol because 4 of my 6 kids are age 4 and under, and that's a lot of bending at the waist, but I'm otherwise fine.

I weighed this morning, and I've lost 10.4 pounds since surgery. Hooray!

HW: 276

Surgical Consult Weight: 267.2

SW: 250.4

CW: 239.0

Edited by VSG AJH

Not going to be able to sleep tonight :)

Hi all! I am brand spanking new to this website. It's pretty cool! I am having VSG on December 28th. I am super excited, and to say I'm nervous would be an under statement! I am 32, 353lbs. And 5ft 8. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis pretty bad. I am nervous about my RA acting up during recovery. I also have a 5 year old little girl that I am wondering how to explain my trip to the hospital to. Any suggestions or advice for me? Any tips or tricks on the 2 weeks liquid diet? I am getting a vitamix for Christmas, and I am excited to use it! Thanks guys!

Good morning friends...

Been up since about 2:30. I highly recommend a little something the night before if you have anxiety. I slept well (for the time I slept) and I feel very calm this morning.

Leaving in about an hour....can't wait to see you all on the other side.

God bless everyone who is starting their new life today.

I couldn't sleep all night. Since my paper work was submitted to the insurance yesterday, all I've been doing is think... If I continue to have sleepless nights until approval, I will be in big trouble since my finals are next week!

Start weight: 265

12/4/13 surgery date: 263

12/11/13 Wk 1: 255.5

Total lost: 9.5 pounds!!!

So far so good!

5'8 1/2

41 yrs — feeling awesome.

Start weight: 265

12/4/13 surgery date: 263

12/11/13 Wk 1: 255.5

Total lost: 9.5 pounds!!!

So far so good!

5'8 1/2

41 yrs — feeling awesome.

Congrats

December 11 crew! Today is your day! Congrats!

My surgery is soo late today! 3:20!. Gonna be a long day.

Hi all! I am brand spanking new to this website. It's pretty cool! I am having VSG on December 28th. I am super excited, and to say I'm nervous would be an under statement! I am 32, 353lbs. And 5ft 8. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis pretty bad. I am nervous about my RA acting up during recovery. I also have a 5 year old little girl that I am wondering how to explain my trip to the hospital to. Any suggestions or advice for me? Any tips or tricks on the 2 weeks liquid diet? I am getting a vitamix for Christmas, and I am excited to use it! Thanks guys!

Hi Muffinsmomma,

I too have severe RA. I'm 27 5'9 277lbs. I take enbrel injections to control it. Im not taking it for three weeks so im hoping the pain wont be too bad. I cant wait to get some of this weight off to get some relief on my legs. I pray everything goes well for you.

Soooo nervous!!

My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow dec 12!!!!! I'm on my ONE day liquid diet today and so far so good -- I went out for a nice dinner last night with my BFF who will be in the hospital to support me tomorrow (she's a registered nurse yay!!!)

My period is due today and nervous about the cramping and heaving bleeding for the next few days of recovery ... I'll just stay calm and hope I don't need anti anxiety meds

I wish all dec 11&12-ers well!!

Peace and blessings to everyone in recovery and with upcoming VSGs!!!!

Gotta clean and run some errands before my "big" day - lol

I'm 31 -- currently around 237 pounds, 5'7" (after losing a good 22 pounds on my own since October 2013)

Hoping to maintain a sensible weight range for my frame of 160-170 after VSG although healthy/normal BMI range for me suggests 138-160 (lol)

I couldn't sleep all night. Since my paper work was submitted to the insurance yesterday, all I've been doing is think... If I continue to have sleepless nights until approval, I will be in big trouble since my finals are next week!

Try not to think of the hospital things, concentrate on your finals. They are more important than anything else right not and studing may help keep your mind off of everything else. I know because my last final is today and I have surgery on Friday. Good luck on your finals and your approval.

My surgery is soo late today! 3:20!. Gonna be a long day.

Try and just take it easy today and stay active it can help the time pass. Congrats on your day.

Got my final medical clearance today, and I'm good to go. Feeling much better about everything. Bases are loaded... batter is up, ready for a home run! Woot!

Oh and off topic for those still on pre-op diet, I have a tip for fighting the urge to eat: rub a bunch of Vapo-Rub or Mentholatun under your nose! My husband just HAD to cook dinner for himself last night, and it smelled so good it was driving me mad (he kept apologizing lol). I went to the bathroom then the idea sparked. It surely blocked all the good smells! Haha it works :)

Best of luck to everyone having their day today!!