Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

Hi all, a question for the pre-op dieters or this month's sleevers. Have any of you NOT lost any weight on pre-op, or lost very minimally? Going on day three here and gained two pounds even though I'm peeing like a race horse! I swear I could eat a sheet of drywall if it was put in front of me right now. Trying very hard to stick to the plan, this is a ton harder than I thought it would be :unsure:

I have only lost about 5lbs thus far and I am on my last 4 days of preop diet and it is hard to stick with but you can do this just think of the goal at the end.

Hi all, a question for the pre-op dieters or this month's sleevers. Have any of you NOT lost any weight on pre-op, or lost very minimally? Going on day three here and gained two pounds even though I'm peeing like a race horse! I swear I could eat a sheet of drywall if it was put in front of me right now. Trying very hard to stick to the plan, this is a ton harder than I thought it would be :unsure:

What does your preop consist of? Mine is 3 Protein Drinks, 2 Snacks like SF pudding, unsweetened applesauce, light yogurt, and unlimited no calorie drinks.< /p>

So I'm doing 3 Premier Protein drinks, 2 unsweetened applesauces and 48 ounces of Water (most days). I was drinking some broth, but haven't craved it or needed anything extra so trying to stick to water.

For me, I've found that I seem to lose more weight the more water I drink. There were 2 days I didn't lose any weight but it's been really cold here and I find it hard to drink water when I'm cold. The first 2 days, I went to the bathroom like crazy! That subsided.

I'm sure it depends on what our preop diets are and the fact that we are all different. So hard not to compare ourselves to other people!!

Hang in there and just follow your plan! Three more days for me and then surgery.

Had my surgery one week ago today and also decided to take the second week off from work. I still have some pain as well as pressure where my incisions are. Also, I'm not quite sure I could stay awake the full nine hours as the pain meds have made me pretty drowsy.

Weighed myself today and I'm down 12 lbs since surgery, 31 lbs since I started the pre-op diet. It works!!!!

I ping ponged up and down 3 lbs through out my 2 week diet and by surgery day j hadn't lost anything lol

I feel as though when your on the Clear Liquids Pre-op diet it's getting your body ready for the 1-2 weeks of clear liquids that your about to do in your Post -op. So for a lot of folks who didn't have to do the pre-op diet is kind of weird to me. I would think that your surgeon would want you to experience what your body will be going through after surgery.

I know the preop diet has totally helped my head more than anything! It has really given me plenty of time to mentally prepare for this life long journey without the added stress of the actual surgery and pain. I think I'll be in a good place head-wise and hopefully better able to focus on recovery than the sudden loss of food too! Who knew? I was so upset when they called me back and told me I had to do it. Now, I am so thankful!

Today I got on the scale just to see if I had lost any weight since i started my pre-op diet on 12/03. I was so shocked and amamzed that I did lose 7lbs!!!! YAY!!! I was so excited, this liquid diet plus Zumba is the real deal, LOL!!!

I feel as though when your on the clear liquids Pre-op diet it's getting your body ready for the 1-2 weeks of clear liquids that your about to do in your Post -op. So for a lot of folks who didn't have to do the pre-op diet is kind of weird to me. I would think that your surgeon would want you to experience what your body will be going through after surgery.

I know the preop diet has totally helped my head more than anything! It has really given me plenty of time to mentally prepare for this life long journey without the added stress of the actual surgery and pain. I think I'll be in a good place head-wise and hopefully better able to focus on recovery than the sudden loss of food too! Who knew? I was so upset when they called me back and told me I had to do it. Now, I am so thankful!

I feel that it truly does help you, It get's you into the right frame of mind for the post op! I was dreading having to do it and I admit I did have a few small cheats (2 be exact) I feel like I have caught my stride with the liquids. I haven't felt hungry all day, and I'm taking in more Water. I'm feeling mentally ready for the post diet!!

I have been on the pre op diet twice once the beginning of November and the second time started the day after Thanksgiving. I have lost 32.8 pounds so far, however I started at 365.6 so I had allot more to lose than most. It has gotten progressively easier each day. I am on 3 shakes a day and one sf Jello.

What does your preop consist of? Mine is 3 Protein drinks, 2 Snacks like SF pudding, unsweetened applesauce, light yogurt, and unlimited no calorie drinks.< /p>

So I'm doing 3 Premier Protein Drinks, 2 unsweetened applesauces and 48 ounces of Water (most days). I was drinking some broth, but haven't craved it or needed anything extra so trying to stick to Water.< /p>

For me, I've found that I seem to lose more weight the more water I drink. There were 2 days I didn't lose any weight but it's been really cold here and I find it hard to drink water when I'm cold. The first 2 days, I went to the bathroom like crazy! That subsided.

I'm sure it depends on what our preop diets are and the fact that we are all different. So hard not to compare ourselves to other people!!

Hang in there and just follow your plan! Three more days for me and then surgery.

Thanks I'm doing my best! Pretty much same as your diet but the only solids would be a handful of leafy green veg if absolutely necessary, no fruits. I'm so hungry to the point of stomach growling hurt, and the more I drink water it only becomes worse. I wish I could sleep off the next 7 days! I cannot WAIT for this evil growling monster inside me to be taken out and burned!! aack!

Hey everyone...Well, tomorrow is the big day! Im having a band to sleeve revision & it came up soo fast!!! I feel like im so ready but also not ready at the same time! I think mentally im ready but physically (like packing & cleaning my house...etc) I am SO not ready...lol...well, i just wanted to say good luck to all the new sleevers and to the ones in the near future...pray for me and i will be doing the same! If i dont make too much sense its just because my nerves are on total edge but im also so excited to start my new life! Just got the call to be at the hospital by 8:30am so i'm just ready to get this started :) Good luck again to everyone and i will keep everyone posted and will be looking forward to hearing all of your journeys too :)

I have only lost about 4 pounds on the liquid diet....but I haven't been exercising either (just don't have the energy). That being said, my already sleeved friend reminded me that truthfully the pro-op diet isn't about losing weight, it's about shrinking the liver...so despite the fact that I had this lovely goal of being at 250 when I go into surgery on Wednesday, I am just fine with where I am.

Hey everyone...Well, tomorrow is the big day! Im having a band to sleeve revision & it came up soo fast!!! I feel like im so ready but also not ready at the same time! I think mentally im ready but physically (like packing & cleaning my house...etc) I am SO not ready...lol...well, i just wanted to say good luck to all the new sleevers and to the ones in the near future...pray for me and i will be doing the same! If i dont make too much sense its just because my nerves are on total edge but im also so excited to start my new life! Just got the call to be at the hospital by 8:30am so i'm just ready to get this started :) Good luck again to everyone and i will keep everyone posted and will be looking forward to hearing all of your journeys too :)

Praying for you Kerd.

Keep us posted

I had my surgery on 12/5 and feel like I could go back to work next week but, I'm not!!!! I will give my body time to rest and heal after major surgery. Scheduled to return to work on 1/21/14 and not a day earlier!

;) ;)I

Positive thoughts for all of our Dec 10 sleevers tomorrow!! Hope you all have a smooth recovery and we look forward to hearing from you all soon!

• Dec 10 hopecomeswithtime
  • Dec 10 Andrew0929
  • Dec 10 Chefcoll
  • Dec 10 Coachdk
  • Dec 10 Smilingirl
  • Dec 10 sandisleeve
  • Dec 10 tiffanylovesthebeach
  • Dec 10 kerd

I was sleeved on 12/2 and I went back to work yesterday! I spoke to my physician about my need to get back sooner unless I absolutely couldn't. I'm a physician. I feel great though. Have no pain unless I sit a certain way. Not on meds. I was very proactive about walking the days after surgery. I have a gym in my building and would just walk.... I'm also young with no other issues besides obesity. So each person is different.