Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

To all of the newer folks who may not have seen this, I posted a link to this amazing spreadsheet that another sleever posted. She posted hers and since so many people loved it, she created a blank one for us to copy and use!

It's been so fun weighing every day so I can post my numbers on the spreadsheet!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/264421-measures-measures-measures/?hl=%2Bgeek#entry2969647

Does anyone have to have lovenox injections after surgery?

I believe I will have to do injections as well. This wasn't discussed at my appointment, but I did speak with someone who has had the same surgery with the same surgeon, and she indicated that they do have you do the injections.

To all of the newer folks who may not have seen this, I posted a link to this amazing spreadsheet that another sleever posted. She posted hers and since so many people loved it, she created a blank one for us to copy and use!

It's been so fun weighing every day so I can post my numbers on the spreadsheet!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/264421-measures-measures-measures/?hl=%2Bgeek#entry2969647

Thanks for posting this again! I second what you say...this is a GREAT spreadsheet, and it HAS made weighing in SO much more fun!

Got a call from the hospital to register me for surgery. Makes it feel just that much more real. Two more weeks.

My surgery was yesterday. I'm feeling very sore and I had a lot of gas pain but that is getting better as I am now getting out of bed and walking. I slept a lot yesterday. I do remember feeling drunk and asking everyone did they get a good night sleep before surgery but that's about all I can remember. Hope everyone is doing well.

Congrats on a successful surgery!!!! Hope the pain subsides soon! Praying for ur speedy recovery

Surgery is dec 17

Thanks Kerroney - I have updated the spreadsheet on page 101 to reflect your surgery date! :)

I will be getting the injections as well while i am in the hospital.

Congrats on a successful surgery!!!! Hope the pain subsides soon! Praying for ur speedy recovery

thank you SoPeach28!!

So I had my last nutrition/postop class today. It was good. There were 4 of us with 2 sleevers, 1 bander and 1 bypasser!

My postop diet will be 1 week full liquids. Supposed to drink a shake 2 ounces every 15 minutes and finish in the hour.

Weeks 2, 3 and 4 are soft foods with 3 meals and 2 Snacks with one meal being a shake. They're recommending 1 shake a day forever just to make sure to get the Protein in.

Week 5 and beyond, cleared to try absolutely anything! Sounds scary. I will take my time on that one!

Because of my history of a kidney stone, my fluids goal should be 80 ounces to 100 ounces a day (that is anything without caffeine equals a "fluid").

In all stages, the protein goal is more than 60 grams of protein and between 600 and 800 calories.

They gave us all a prescription for a new? antinausea medicine called Emend. It is very expensive and they said insurance wouldn't cover it. They said it was hard to find and $75 for 1 pill. However, my Walmart said they could have it by tomorrow and it was $90! They said it was worth the money. You take it before surgery (not after you are already nauseated) and apparently it drastically cuts down the nausea from anesthesia afterwards. She said even a staff member recently had the sleeve and she had no problem with nausea at all! It wasn't required but as I have a history of bad recoveries, I'm getting it!

Also due to my pain issues, he is giving me Dilaudid, so I'm glad to have a doctor actually listen!

They gave me emend in the hospital pre and post op. They also sent me home with dilaudid and valium.

Finally Sleeved! I had my surgery on Decemeber 2nd at 9am. I have been a little sore the last couple of days but nothing major. I am so happy that I am on my way to a better/heatlier life.

Finally Sleeved! I had my surgery on Decemeber 2nd at 9am. I have been a little sore the last couple of days but nothing major. I am so happy that I am on my way to a better/heatlier life.

Congrats, n glad ur doing well!! Ty 4 checkn n w us:). How are u tolerating getting ur fluids n Protein? God bless your continued healing.

I'm December 16 in Charleston SC. Had my endoscopy this morning. All good. Looking forward to the 16th.

Welcome to the group, and congratulations on your surgery date. I have added you to the list (back on page 101).

If you are interested in joining the pounds lost thread, it can be found here:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/288367-december-2013-sleever-pounds-lost-log/