Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I can only imagine myself a little smaller (size 20). I've been that weight since I left high school and now I'm 40! I can't imagine being any smaller than that and really have no clue what that could look like on me! Even though I've been heavy chested forever, I'm really hoping that area deflates like everything else does! I think I wore a size 10 when I was 12! At that point, I was "big" because I was bigger than my friends. Imagine being a size 10 now? lol I'm hoping to get to a healthy BMI and then see what size that is!

Good luck to all of us!

Almost done with day 4 of liquids! I was whining that there was food at work (i'm a nanny) and his text reply was "Yucky food. It has worms." It was good for a laugh! He's sweet.

Tomorrow is my all day preop and last visit with the surgeon. Will be a long day with lots of info!

So close - very exciting!!

Hi...my name is Keri. I'm 38 yrs old and just had my pre op appt today. My surgery date is 12/10/13 & I am going to be a revision from band to sleeve. I'm very excited but also extremely nervous! I love to read about everyone's stories & follow everyone's journey on here...it brings comfort to me for the most part :) Well, I just wanted to start by introducing myself and to let everyone who is going through whatever surgery they may choose, good luck and I will keep u all in my prayers for a speedy recovery & wish u to do the same for me :) P.S. I'm really not too sure how this site works yet so I hope I posted in the correct forum!

Welcome Keri, u did gr8! Happy to have u join us n we look forward to sharing in your successes as well sharing ours w u:) gl to u!

Hey group -- As of today, I'm officially sleeved! Surgery was easy peasy, and I've been doing good since. I've attached a hospital selfie and a pic of my first post-op meal. :) Actually getting lots of liquids in, so that's good. I was so worried about not being able to take in liquids, but since 4:00, I've taken in 4 small bowls of broth, two cups of Decaf tea, and some ice chips. Had a difficult time with sugar-free Jello and sugar-free popsicles, though. Not sure if it was the texture, weight/volume, temperature, sweetener, etc. whatever it was, I couldn't handle more than a couple tiny bites of each. I'll try them again at a later date when I have no swelling in my teeny-tiny belly. :)

As for pain, my doc used a tap block instead of a pain pump, but evidently, pain relief from that doesn't kick in until 24 hours or so. Taking pain meds by IV now. I am having pain, but it's more muscle soreness than anything else. I have been up to walk laps, but even before then, I wasn't having any unmanageable gas pains. Feeling very happy with what seems to be a good outcome. Be blessed, everyone!

post-165959-0-94193900-1386126282_thumb.jpg

post-165959-0-17606900-1386126317_thumb.jpg

Wow, you are doing so great!! So excited for you! I hope we all have similarly great experiences! Thanks for checking in! Hope you get some decent sleep tonight!

Bremartus, I have updated the list above. Thanks for letting me know!

Thank you for that.

I'm feeling good. The only incision that hurts is the one by my belly button. I've been sleeping a lot since I've been home too. I've only had to take one pain pill today. Because the ride home was a bit bumpy! I'm still just drinking Water and Soup. Was told to start my Protein Shakes tomorrow. So I'm anxious to see how those go down.

Glad your sou g well and the pain is minimal. Hope everything goes well with the shakes tomorrow.

Hey group -- As of today, I'm officially sleeved! Surgery was easy peasy, and I've been doing good since. I've attached a hospital selfie and a pic of my first post-op meal. :) Actually getting lots of liquids in, so that's good. I was so worried about not being able to take in liquids, but since 4:00, I've taken in 4 small bowls of broth, two cups of Decaf tea, and some ice chips. Had a difficult time with sugar-free Jello and sugar-free popsicles, though. Not sure if it was the texture, weight/volume, temperature, sweetener, etc. whatever it was, I couldn't handle more than a couple tiny bites of each. I'll try them again at a later date when I have no swelling in my teeny-tiny belly. :)

As for pain, my doc used a tap block instead of a pain pump, but evidently, pain relief from that doesn't kick in until 24 hours or so. Taking pain meds by IV now. I am having pain, but it's more muscle soreness than anything else. I have been up to walk laps, but even before then, I wasn't having any unmanageable gas pains. Feeling very happy with what seems to be a good outcome. Be blessed, everyone!

attachicon.gif:

attachicon.gif:

Congratulations!!!

I'm feeling good. The only incision that hurts is the one by my belly button. I've been sleeping a lot since I've been home too. I've only had to take one pain pill today. Because the ride home was a bit bumpy! I'm still just drinking Water and Soup. Was told to start my Protein Shakes tomorrow. So I'm anxious to see how those go down.

Sorry for my spelling blunders lol. I ment to say glad you are home and things are going well good luck with the shakes tomorrow.

so happy to hear from those that have had their sleeve's! Sounds like most are doing very well! Thank you for letting us know :)

Continue to rest and walk!

Woot! I can't believe the day is finally here!

<p>

Here's tomorrow's group! Oops! lol A day ahead of myself!

• Dec 04 L-in-NJ
  • Dec 04 Healthbound
  • Dec 04 MissKatt
  • Dec 04 caligirl3
  • Dec 04 tmstaves
  • Dec 04 Cakencream

so had my Bariatric University today..and boy oh boy - surgeon requires 3 weeks of liquids, 4th week you can have puree'd. So one week pre-op liquids, so total of four weeks on liquids only.

I was talking with the Nurse after class about different things and the post op stages - mentioned the forum and how there are so many different plans surgeons have for patients, she asked me what were some of them...and I said I really do not remember but that it seems most get to start puree on their 3rd week. Maybe I am mis-remembering?

I spoke with a couple of other december sleevers and invited them here and on the FB page. Hope to see them soon :)

Good luck to the sleevers due tomorrow, thursday and friday!

edited: Surgeon has 4 full weeks after on liquids, 5th week starts puree.

Edited by tami j

Mine is different too but I think the general is 2 weeks clears, 2 weeks full liquids, 2 week purees and 2 weeks soft?

I think I have 1 week liquids and 5 weeks soft.

I was talking with the Nurse after class about different things and the post op stages - mentioned the forum and how there are so many different plans surgeons have for patients, she asked me what were some of them...and I said I really do not remember but that it seems most get to start puree on their 3rd week. Maybe I am mis-remembering?

Hi all!! I have a surgery date of 12/27. My husband and I are on this journey together and his date is 12/11. We are super estatic that we can start this new lifestyle together. We began in July and completed all necessary requirements ( nutrition classes, appointments, xray, cardiac etc) and it only took our insurance company 3 business days to get back with us with the approval. Our family and close friends are super supportive, which is a plus.. Is it possible to be nervous/anxious/excited? If so, that is me!! Best of Luck to all the December Sleevers!

Maybe 1 clears, 1 full liquids, 2 puree and 2 soft/mushy? I don't know but I thought generally there were 4 stages.

so had my Bariatric University today..and boy oh boy - surgeon requires 3 weeks of liquids, 4th week you can have puree'd. So one week pre-op liquids, so total of four weeks on liquids only.I was talking with the Nurse after class about different things and the post op stages - mentioned the forum and how there are so many different plans surgeons have for patients, she asked me what were some of them...and I said I really do not remember but that it seems most get to start puree on their 3rd week. Maybe I am mis-remembering?I spoke with a couple of other december sleevers and invited them here and on the FB page. Hope to see them soon :)Good luck to the sleevers due tomorrow, thursday and friday!

My surgeon requires a 2 week pre-op with shakes and a limited amount of mushy foods. Post-op, it's three weeks of full liquids followed by another 9 weeks of puréed and soft foods.