Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

I am scheduled for December 16th, too! Less than 3 weeks away, here we go! I am on a 1200 calorie diet now and will start 2 weeks of Optifast on December 4th.

Joan

Weigh in is tomorrow morning for Monday surgery. Usually you weigh in the day before surgery but I didn't get the full two weeks because of the Holiday but I still lost some weight. Also, have Boot Camp tomorrow with a group of others having surgery on Dec. 2nd (hopefully I make some local sleeve friends). In the boot camp you get to meet your full surgical team and get your goodie bag which includes a buddy pillow and some sample products. You also get to ask any last minute questions or express any concerns. Then it off to see my surgeon, to go over any additional "personal" matters I am uncomfortable discussing in front of the group.

Then it's all wrapped up. Hopefully with a nice pretty bow!

I'm nervous, but I am so ready.. 12/2/13, will be my New Birth-Day!

Day 2 of pre op. I don't feel hungry, but I want so badly to eat normal food. I am good up until 4:00, then I go through a hissy fit with myself that I can't eat. December 2nd can't get here fast enough!!

Im in Alabama

Hey there, what part of bama:) I'm n va per military but from Ozark Alabama. Roll tideeee:) n gl

Day 2 of pre op. I don't feel hungry, but I want so badly to eat normal food. I am good up until 4:00, then I go through a hissy fit with myself that I can't eat. December 2nd can't get here fast enough!!

Tell me about it. Plus I'm prepping to cook my world famous candied yams, deviled eggs and Sweet Potato Pies for Thanksgiving. My sister agreed to do it this year to spare me the torture, but my family voted and said..NO WAY..we'll just sit with you and support you while you're cooking.

Just finished making the homemade pie crust and I use a bit of vanilla and lemon flavoring in the crust, and mixed with real butter and the sprinkle of cinnamon on the bottom.. O.M.G. iT SMELLS SOOOOOO GOOD. LOL But I've been sucking down Water and chicken broth..and listening to music..dancing about while I'm cooking. Just took a break because pie crusts are almost done..and all the other prep work has been completed.

We can do this... Oy!

Tell me about it. Plus I'm prepping to cook my world famous candied yams, deviled eggs and Sweet Potato Pies for Thanksgiving. My sister agreed to do it this year to spare me the torture, but my family voted and said..NO WAY..we'll just sit with you and support you while you're cooking.

Just finished making the homemade pie crust and I use a bit of vanilla and lemon flavoring in the crust, and mixed with real butter and the sprinkle of cinnamon on the bottom.. O.M.G. iT SMELLS SOOOOOO GOOD. LOL But I've been sucking down Water and chicken broth..and listening to music..dancing about while I'm cooking. Just took a break because pie crusts are almost done..and all the other prep work has been completed.

We can do this... Oy!

Bless you, I do not know how you are doing this while cooking...I wont even go in my kitchen!

We can do this... Oy!

Bless you, I do not know how you are doing this while cooking...I wont even go in my kitchen!

To all my fellow December 11th sleevers who start their 2 week pre op diet tomorrow, good luck and stay strong. Remember, it's only 2 weeks, you can do it!

So went in for 1200 calorie diet found out surgery was changed to Friday the 13. Has any one here been on an Optifast diet?

Hey Atlanta

I finally have a date, December 23. I am still waiting on insurance approval but the surgeon is confidant along with my desire to get this done in December. Upper GI on the 3rd, Pre surgery testing on the 13th followed by the big day!

So excited to see newbies getting their dates. I am traveling and don't have a way to update the list, but I am keeping track and if Atlanta is away, I will update it as soon as I return.

Welcome to our new friends! We're glad you're here!

Going for my psych eval today. He's the only thing left. Hope he passes me!

I'm on day 8 of my pre op diet and down 16 lbs. Hate the shakes but forcing them down. With surgery less than 3 weeks away I'm getting more nervous each day but still committed to following through.

I'm on day 8 of my pre op diet and down 16 lbs. Hate the shakes but forcing them down. With surgery less than 3 weeks away I'm getting more nervous each day but still committed to following through.

I also hate the shakes, but am following the diet. The last few days I have been emotional about not being able to eat, this is harder than I anticipated. Two more days with the shakes then pure liquids. Surgery on Monday!!