Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2013 Sleevers Come In!

On another note my coordinator was gone till today so I've been submitted to insurance today. Some people with my insurance said it only took a week but the coordinator said it usually takes 14 days for a response...praying for a week or less!

Hello All -

I'm officially a December Sleever!!! My date is 12/16/13. I'm sooo excited and scared at the same time! Just sharing the great news!

How is it a private group cuz the only option is to add u as a friend not join a group.

NewAshes is the one who started the private group and so she has to let you in. When you add her as a friend, she will add you to the private group for Dec 2013 sleevers.

Tami, is your health insurance covering your surgery? Mine won't cover WLS; so I can't afford the surgery here in the states. I am having my surgery in Mexico.

Do you know of any WLS support groups in the DFW area? There are none here in Waco. The websites are wonderful; I learn a lot from them and I get a lot of encouragement from them; however, I would love it if I could meet people face-to-face in a support group.

Hello All -

I'm officially a December Sleever!!! My date is 12/16/13. I'm sooo excited and scared at the same time! Just sharing the great news!

I am a 12/16 as well. Glad you could join us.

Day 12 of the liquid diet. Headaches are gone and so is my appetite. Very strange how that happened. I'm taking in about 700 calories with the four shakes a day and call me crazy but I LOVE THEM!!! My program coordinator gave us a list of foods to add to the shake and my favorite is a cup of Sugar Free Chocolate pudding and two tbsp of PB2. I promise you, you won't be disappointed!!! 6 days and counting!!!

So I got everything for my pre-op diet , and it is hitting me. It's getting close and real.. I need to be eating food (says this while waiting for my food at I-hop). I truly am trying to taste some of everything but I get to full to quick lol ..

The life of a girl with 5 days left to eat food .. lol #fatgirlproblems

Hey Candyland86, Im 27, 5'8, 274lbs and getting sleeved 12/16 too. We are sleever twins!!!

. That is really cool. Where are you from? I'm in Cali

Dec 2nd for me too! Getting excited! Hardly believe its almost here, seems like this journey started awhile ago.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Hello all, I'm 27 5"8 , 280lbs I just got My date 12/16.

That is awesome our Dec 16 group getting lots of people now. I too am on the 16 welcome.

Tami, is your health insurance covering your surgery? Mine won't cover WLS; so I can't afford the surgery here in the states. I am having my surgery in Mexico.

Do you know of any WLS support groups in the DFW area? There are none here in Waco. The websites are wonderful; I learn a lot from them and I get a lot of encouragement from them; however, I would love it if I could meet people face-to-face in a support group.

No I am self pay, there is specific exclusion of WLS on our insurance. But have a hiatal hernia that will also be repaired, so at least a portion will be covered for that, which helps some.

There is a group in Plano that I have not been too - but they meet one saturday a month at a coffee shop, it is people from this site. There is also a list of Hospitals and places that have support groups. Like in Downtown Fort Worth, and Grapevine that I have been wanting to attend, but have not yet. There are several more in Dallas which would be closer to you than their are in FT Worth. I will see if I can find the calendar document that lists all of them and send you the forum page its on. Its in the Local section of this site for Dallas.

My Doctor offers support once a month as well - but I missed Novembers, and looks like I will be having my surgery during the December one! So it will be January before I could go to that one.